User Tag List

View Poll Results: Will you buy the Apple Watch 2?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I currently own an Apple Watch.

9 28.13%
  • Yes, I do not currently own an Apple Watch.

4 12.50%
  • No, but I currently own an Apple Watch.

5 15.63%
  • No, and I do not currently own an Apple Watch.

14 43.75%
    It's all about what features the product has in this case the "Apple Watch" and your needs. To be honest, at first I thought cool, but then started going through the list of features I'd used compared to cost. It didn't make sense for me and wasn't needing to message people or call people from my wrist to be cool.

But then I started to exercise and losing weight. I had a Fitbit Charge which was ok, but I went back and watched the keynote again about Apple Watch. This time it made more sense now to be more cost effective to buy one, now that I could utilize Activity, Workout, and Health apps plus a couple of other 3rd party apps to sync my Fitbit scale, calories count, and water intake. So I sold my Fitbit Charge and ordered a Apple Watch Sport 42mm model and couldn't be happier with it.

It all about best bang for your buck. Are you going to get your use out of it for your value of money or not! Everyone is different

Will I upgrade to the next one? Have to see what the new one has to offer and see. FaceTime camera? I don't need or care for, that's why I have a phone for. Better battery is always nice to have, but not worth upgrading too for more money. It only takes my watch now only about 45 min to charge to 100% from 20-25% discharge.
    2016-02-13 02:59 PM
    I'm sure I'll buy another Apple Watch, just not the next one. I'll probably wait until there are more features. I don't kid charging every night. Having the ability to FaceTime is nice but it's not worth the price of a new watch.
    2016-02-13 07:49 PM
    Put GPS on it and I'll buy it

They can leave worthless creeper camera off pls.
    2016-02-14 04:13 AM
    I understand but when you fork out money for a good watch, you'd expect it to work as well as the day you bought it 5 years down the road. Doesn't matter how much money you have; waste is waste.
    True. However, the Apple Watch hasn't even been out for a year yet, so I don't think we can judge the longevity of it quite yet. But I would say your hunch is on the right track.
    2016-02-15 01:50 PM
    If Steve Jobs- No apple watch. He is a logical man. By definition "watch" is to see the time just by looking.
    Buy a casio watch. Use it without charging for 5 years to do the job.
    2016-02-15 04:01 PM
    I will absolutely buy the next Apple Watch. I can't wait to stare at my wrist to make video calls like Dck Tracy. Not to mention getting 1% better performance from the latest chipset they introduce. Who could resist all that? And the watch will surely be at least 5 microns thinner as well. Wahoo!!!

I'm also hoping the design of the band connector changes, so I'll have to throw away the ones I have and invest in all new ones.

There is a rumor the Watch 2 will include a 3D hologram projector, too. If not, maybe I should plan on buying a Watch 2 for each wrist, so I can simulate 3D using both of my eyeballs. I can wear them on the insides of my wrists so I can hold my arms together at the elbows in front of my face whenever talking to someone. That would look soooooo cool!!!
    2016-02-16 07:27 PM
    A whole 1% better performance WOW!! Got to buy one then....,
    2016-02-17 08:14 AM
    I have some questions for Apple Watch owners. How often do you plan to replace your Apple Watch with the latest-and-greatest Apple Watch? And prior to owning your Apple Watch, had you owned a watch in the $500+ range before?
    Daily watch I wear Tag Heuer LINK, well over that $500 range.
    Dress watch I have them in a safe.
    Bought Apple Watch as a toy to play with, hated it gave it away.
    Charging it everyday sucks, I can barely stand putting automatic watches in the winding machine once a week.
    Lift arm to activate do not work, often I see blank screen and shake my wrist like some idiot just to activate it.
    Health tracking is inaccurate as hell, not sure if it is part of that racist watch claim that causes this. Darker your skin the more inaccurate it gets.
    The apps that gets on the watch is useless, so I end up pulling phone out anyways.
    Last edited by unison999; 2016-02-20 at 01:02 AM.
    2016-02-20 12:57 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD