Best thing to do would call his parents, tell them the situation. Parents would probably re-fund the money once you explain the whole 'legal action' thing and this Kevin kid would probably be in trouble until he graduates, lol.
    you kow what iVanPK... as easy as that sounds it might be worth a shot as I know if my kids ripped someone off I would make it right myself. if he has parents like that then it would work w/o any contact info cant even try
    2009-05-07 04:19 AM
    Yup, I would at least do that, call his parents. I would also call the local police and get some advice from them.
    It totally bums me out that you guys got scammed by this punk.
    Don't let it go, pursue pursue.........

Time to call Guido and Rocco, do some knee busting. lol
    2009-05-07 04:32 AM
    Nice Job Mr.DeLeon. have you PM'd Neo to make sure he get's this info?
    The private eye in me says that I might not have placed that ad to give him a heads up that people were on to his scams, where he lives and he might get busted for this. Gives him a chance to run and hide like the little pri ck he is.

On the other hand, they say he's 15 years old and obviously living with mom and pop so he's probably not going anywhere.
    All that being said, you did a stellar job. The power of friends. Let's hope he gets what he deserves and Neo can try to get his money back.
    No need to PM. I read it. Nice work MMi. Together we can stop this punk and show scammers that we will find them, so they best avoid us!
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

I can't find Cydia on app store
    2009-05-07 04:39 AM
    I thought you have to be 18 or older to sign up for paypal and if your under 18, you need some kind of permission slip from parents to be faxed to paypal for approval. Well, I know all this because I was ripped off by a member on Ebay who is only 13. He was selling me a Nintendo DS and package never came and he lives in NJ. He provided me tracking number but the tracking number always shown up as if you just mailed this package, please allow a day for the info to come up from USPS. It was a whole month with the tracking number he provided me and no package. I didnt bother driving up there to get him. I filed a report with the cops and filed a dispute. Luckily I got my money back within 2 weeks. I conferenced call with the cop who is in charge of my situation and Paypal to get the kid info. I got his full number and called his parents up. Im pretty sure that his parents kicked his butt for it. If I were you, I will conference call with the cops and paypal for his full address and phone number.
    Last edited by Sadhunni; 2009-05-07 at 04:47 AM.
    2009-05-07 04:44 AM
    I thought you have to be 18 or older to sign up for paypal and if your under 18, you need some kind of permission slip from parents to be faxed to paypal for approval. Well, I know all this because I was ripped off by a member on Ebay who is only 13. He was selling me a Nintendo DS and package never came and he lives in NJ. He provided me tracking number but the tracking number always shown up as if you just mailed this package, please allow a day for the info to come up from USPS. It was a whole month with the tracking number he provided me and no package. I didnt bother driving up there to get him. I filed a report with the cops and filed a dispute. Luckily I got my money back within 2 weeks. I conferenced call with the cop who is in charge of my situation and Paypal to get the kid info. I got his full number and called his parents up. Im pretty sure that his parents kicked his butt for it. If I were you, I will conference call with the cops and paypal for his full address and phone number.
    How would I go about doing that. Would I file a report with the police first or just instantly set up the conference call. I would just like to know the steps that you took so that I can make sure that I can the same results.

2009-05-07 05:37 AM
    this happened like 6 months ago. I bought a new Nintendo DS from this seller who is 13. He provided me a fake tracking number after I paid him with paypal. I waited for a whole month and I filed a dispute. We keep emailing each other and he stated he mailed it and the tracking number was from the USPS and the site keeps saying no such tracking number or if you recently mailed the item, it will come up the next business day. It was like that for a whole month. I recieved my money back from paypal but I still filed a report with a police in the station. I printed out the ebay auction site and payment through paypal. The name on ebay is fake and so does the number because I was comparing the info from ebay and paypal. Totally different names and address. So I provided all that information to the cops. I had like 6 papers handed to the cops such as the auction on ebay + payment using paypal + emails + the address and phone number from ebay and paypal. Total of 6 papers. I also provided the number to paypal and I asked the cops to do the conference call when Im here because paypal refuse to provide me that info. After i verified my account info, they want to speak to the police named Mark Lee and we were in the three way call. Police Mark Lee sorta threaten Paypal that even though the claim was recieved back but we need to know who is the person and he had two names and two different address + phone numbers. Mark requested a supervisor. Paypal put a supervisor on the phone and spoke with me and Mark. He was more experienced and understood my situation because there is negative balance on his account. Paypal stated that the kid turned 13 and father will pay full responsibility if anything happens. That explained everything. Under Ebay, the kid used fake name and address but on paypal, he used his father name and cc: his name + address he is living in and phone number. We asked paypal to conference call to the father with us on the line. We reached the father at home and told him what happen. He stated his child is in school and we told him to login to his paypal and noticed the negative balance. Father stated the kid doesnt have a Nintendo DS and he only had the old nintendo system. Paypal asked him to fix the negative balance and Mark asked him to take his son to the local police station to file a report and tell the father to watch over the kid and stop using somebody's name to do scams. There is a legal action for a kid age of 13 and the parent.. I am sure the father will spank the hell out of the kid because when his father saw the balance of the paypal account, he was cursing over phone and we heard it.

Step 1: Go to police station with all the info you have.
    Step 2: Asked the police to conference call with Paypal
    Step 3: If paypal giving you a hard time, request a supervisor
    Step 4: Call the parents.

Neo and DeLeon, I hope this helps. Go to the police to file a report and they will go look for the kid as long is not outside of U.S.
    Last edited by Sadhunni; 2009-05-07 at 06:11 AM.
    2009-05-07 06:05 AM
    Neo and DeLeon, before you go to the cops, PM me

And add the member Musad to the list of those who have been scammed. I'll help you guys out all I can with nabbing this guy.

Second Update: I called his local Police Department, an officer will be calling me back. Will update as I talk to him.

Third Update: I spoke with the officer and gave him the IP of the user and all we know. Nothing in the registry so this will be a first offense on him.
    To all those who have been scammed: Police Statements with all your information, claims on losses, ect. Should be sent to 4700 Neptune Road, St. Cloud, FL 34769. NeoNightmare, I recommend also including the information I PM'd you.

I've done about all I can, good luck all
    Last edited by DoerrFan; 2009-05-07 at 10:20 PM.
    2009-05-07 12:50 PM
    Doerr you are a gentleman among scholars. Thank you fellow Masshole.

2009-05-08 05:50 AM
    well i know what a gentleman is i also know what a scholar is but what the hell is a "masshole" lol
    2009-05-08 02:48 PM
    Doerr you are a gentleman among scholars. Thank you fellow Masshole.
    well i know what a gentleman is i also know what a scholar is but what the hell is a "masshole" lol
    Thanks Neo
    And Masshole = Massachusetts donkey
    2009-05-08 10:40 PM
    It's a stereotype against anyone who lives in Massachusetts. We are viewed by visitors as extremely aggressive drivers and a**holes, so we were dubbed the name Massholes.

2009-05-09 01:41 AM
    this link was supplied by a mmi member of the scam kid nobbers...

Flickr: kevinconeil's Photostream

I am defintely going to pursure gathering all this info & report either to my local or the white cloud Police dept. Neo, myself & who ever else deserve our $$ back. I really hope the Police would contact the parents so they know what's going on!
    2009-05-10 12:18 AM
    wow.. how did you find his pics and stuff? your way better than me on this. the kid who scammed me on ebay and i never saw his face.. wow.. is getting spooky.
    2009-05-10 12:30 AM
    holy crap this is scary found him on flickr and everything some1 should beat the crap out of this kid... and kick his balls in once for being dumb enough to use his real info
    2009-05-10 01:11 AM
    So he's basically caught? And is that him in that Flickr account? Hahaha that sucks.

Look at all the stuff you can find on this idiot just by googling his email.
    His cell phone number: 407-288-3330
    His myspace http://www.myspace.com/kevinconeil
    Apparently he use to cut himself
    Haha him photoshopping some kids report card?

*facepalm* scammers never put out your personal information, be smarter then a caveman.
    Last edited by Tokyo; 2009-05-10 at 01:57 AM.
    2009-05-10 01:36 AM
    yeah the flickr info was supplied to me by a new unkown member named nuno12345... i even added his pic to my CL ad lol

this member also supplied this link

Yahoo! Respostas - Perfil de Feed Me, I'm Homeless
    2009-05-10 02:37 AM
    This kid is trying to get caught. Update I took all of the information to my local police station and I got a report filled out. I'm about to send it HIS local police department along with other information. And I want to quote a few things from the police report:

Offenses: Larceny over $250 by single scheme
    Type: Felony

And to quote Wikipedia on the word "Felony":

"In the United States, where the felony/misdemeanor distinction is still widely applied, the Federal government defines a felony as a crime which involves a potential punishment of one year or longer in prison."

Ha! So if they get him it will basically mean that I get my money back or he becomes a felon and that will ruin his life. The latter seems like a bitter-sweet victory.

2009-05-10 05:37 AM
    This kid is trying to get caught. Update I took all of the information to my local police station and I got a report filled out. I'm about to send it HIS local police department along with other information. And I want to quote a few things from the police report:

Offenses: Larceny over $250 by single scheme
    Type: Felony

And to quote Wikipedia on the word "Felony":

"In the United States, where the felony/misdemeanor distinction is still widely applied, the Federal government defines a felony as a crime which involves a potential punishment of one year or longer in prison."

Ha! So if they get him it will basically mean that I get my money back or he becomes a felon and that will ruin his life. The latter seems like a bitter-sweet victory.
    Excellent to hear! Its only a matter of time. Keep us updated
    2009-05-10 06:52 AM
    He scammed at least over 1500$ over paypal, and god knows how much in merchandise, if you see all his scam ads he has pictures of iPod Touch(s), iPhone(s) 3G and Edge.

I hope they take this under consideration when he get's caught with a punishment because it sucks getting your things tooken.
    2009-05-10 07:42 AM
    paypal just closed my 2 disputes... the email i received says they sided with me on the disputes but unfortunately werent able to retrieve any funds for me

i am still going to pursue with my local PD... hey Doerrfan was there a specific Saint Cloud Police contact to go along with the address?
    2009-05-11 05:51 AM
118 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD