Hey all.

I have a iPhone 3G 8GB locked to AT&T up for sale.

Phone has been tested and reset to stock but has not been reactivated because I am from Australia where we do not have a AT&T Network.

The reason I had this phone is because I bought it off a user on here "dman112"

He is a legit seller and the iPhone worked great.

But because it was locked to AT&T, I had to get a rebelsim to let it work on our Telstra network.

I had taken the black fascia off and put a pink one on because the phone was for my misses to use.

Because we came across connection/update problems with the rebelsim to unlock the phone, I chose to buy another phone from Australia that was locked to our network.

This phone was great condition apart from a non working LCD.

So I swapped the Logic Board from the new phone to the pink one and put the AT&T Logic Board back into it's original Black Fascia but with the Silver Bezel and Non Working-Screen from the Telstra Locked Logic Board.

So what you see in the Picture is a Perfectly working 8GB AT&T iPhone that only needs a LCD replacement.

I know the phone works because I reset it to 2.2.1 without being able to see what was going on because the LCD.

For people who want to know, It has Bootload 5.9 on BaseBand 2.30 so no luck of Yellowsn0w sorry.

What you see is what you get and the phone looks top shape.

If you would like close up pictures of the Phone, Please PM me and let me know.

I am looking for $230USD OBO for this.

LCD is only thing needing replacement, Have tested it on a working LCD and it goes fine, the Logic Board has been used heaps so I know this Phone works.

Last edited by Jordo_6; 2009-06-09 at 12:02 AM.
    2009-06-06 07:31 AM
    I have a friend that lives there and she has had her iPhone legally unlocked.
    She is on Telstra too.
    Why didn't you choose to do that, just askin'
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-06-06 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-06-06 08:17 AM
    I did try to do this?

My understanding was that because it was locked to AT&T, they were the only people that can unlock it.

And from my research, AT&T don't offer to unlock.

I had also gone to my local Apple Store and they said they couldn't unlock it for me.

So I bought another one and planned to sell the AT&T locked iPhone back to somewhere where AT&T actually have service.

Unless you know how to get a AT&T locked iPhone unlock legally from Australia.

But either way, I still want it sold.

I did try to do this?

My understanding was that because it was locked to AT&T, they were the only people that can unlock it.

And from my research, AT&T don't offer to unlock.

I had also gone to my local Apple Store and they said they couldn't unlock it for me.

So I bought another one and planned to sell the AT&T locked iPhone back to somewhere where AT&T actually have service.

Unless you know how to get a AT&T locked iPhone unlock legally from Australia.

But either way, I still want it sold.
    Last edited by Jordo_6; 2009-06-06 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-06-06 09:49 AM
    350$ is kind of outrageous bro, I mean Cpjr is offering a perfectly usable one for 290$ and the only thing wrong with it is the speakers which is a cheap fix. 350$ plus cash for a new Lcd? idk about that
    2009-06-07 10:32 AM
    Sorry, I don't normally work with usd because I'm in Australia, I was after $400aud put it that way.

Most good condition 8gb 3g iPhones sell here for around $500aud with everything working.

So all up the iPhone would be $450aud to use.

I havnt checked what $400aud is in usd, but i can't really sell it in Australia because it is locked to AT&T which we don't have here so people wouldn't want it.
    2009-06-07 12:00 PM
    well the ad text does say $350USD OBO (or best offer) so I say make him an offer that way you will know if you get it for cheaper??
    2009-06-08 02:20 AM
    He opened it for anything so offer away
    2009-06-08 03:22 AM
    UPDATE..

New offer is $230USD + what ever to ship it to you.

A can offer a charger it but it is a Australian one so prob's no use.

Back cover can also be included.
    Last edited by Jordo_6; 2009-06-09 at 12:04 AM.
    2009-06-08 11:55 PM
    Sold
    2009-06-15 03:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD