Hi. I currently have an iphone 3g and I was looking forward to upgrading to the iphone 3GS in the same manner that I did when I upgraded to my iphone 3G from the first gen iphone... but now ATT made it so that you cannot buy the 3GS if you are still in contract without paying hundreds more.

Anyway, I was thinking about that and I thought of a way that you might be able to still get the 3GS at the discounted price... Hopefully someone knows weather or not this is possible....

If you were to have someone sign up for a new contract with ATT online and order the 3GS online. Since you can cancel your service within 30 days, cancel on the 30th day, pay the usage fees, and keep the phone. I am unsure of weather or not they will let you keep the phone, but I heard that if you wait until the 30th day, its impossible to return the iphone by the end of the day.. Hopefully someone knows weather or not this is possible. And if not, does anyone know a better method?

thanks!
    2009-06-14 08:36 PM
    Nope, lol.

You either pony up and pay hundreds for the unsubsidized pricing, or you go to ebay and try to "get lucky." Really though, check ebay, and tick the option that lets you see completed listings for iPhone 3GS. I've seen a few 32GB models go for like $550. The seller got screwed over.
    2009-06-19 04:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD