User Tag List

I have made a online petition in a attempt to get apple to make and sell SDK compatible game pads.

As I state in my petition, apple does have a reason to develop a game pad. It would attract more well known developers to the iphone and ipod touch, not to mention the traditional controls would work greatly with the ported games apple is famous for porting to the ipod.

Also if it is SDK enabled then 3rd party developers could also use it in their official apps. Not to mention if apple makes a official game pad then it would not be hard to find and it would have all the perks of all other official merchandise, also a official game pad is more than likely to actually be developed and stands more of a chance of working with zodttd's emulators.

If you want to sign, then you are more than welcome to. Also if you don't mind please spread news of the petition and get as many signatures as possible, keep in mind there is power in large groups :P

The petition can be found here,
    http://www.webpetitions.com/cgi-bin/...n.cgi?99501618

Its also on Digg
    http://digg.com/apple/Petition_Apple...bled_G amepad
    2008-04-12 08:55 AM
    umm no thanks il pass
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs
    2008-04-12 12:33 PM
    Phail, because ROMs you download to use with emulators are illegal.
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!
    2008-04-12 02:32 PM
    troof ^^
    2008-04-12 02:43 PM
    GTFO.. No, And awesome first post
    EDM
    2008-04-12 05:01 PM
    i thought about it, but ur links are skrewed up so...
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473
    2008-04-12 05:20 PM
    This will never happen. Do you really expect Apple to make a gamepad for the iPhone? LMFAO. All the games that are coming from the sdk have accelerometer and touch screen support. I know I don't want an ugly controller hanging from my phone. Not to mention that ROM's are illegal and promote piracy. So yeah, not going to happen.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out
    2008-04-12 05:47 PM
    i think if the iphone slipped into the controller more like. so you had actually buttons on the left and right side of the iphone that would be pretty cool.
    2008-04-12 10:44 PM
    thats a good idea
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.
    2008-04-13 02:15 AM
    pft yha i know. somebody should make it and give it to me for free =]
    2008-04-13 03:34 PM
    I think its a great idea-- The accelerometer is cool and all but i really dont think the gameplay is that good. You would have much more control with a gamepad and it would allow for a lot of games that wouldnt otherwise be possible to play.

I want to see this happen too.
    2008-04-29 05:45 PM
    Among other things.
    Online Petitions will be as effective as the wizard of oz was at granting wishes.
    2008-04-29 09:24 PM
    You're getting burned everywhere. Here and IPTF. Byeeeeee.

Reako
    2008-04-29 11:31 PM
    I must be the only one that would like a gamepad. Only thing is u cant force apple to make one, maybe support it, but not make it.

As far as roms go, they arent illegal as long as you own the game, so as long as the person using the emulator has the game its all good.

I would love to see a controller so I can maybe use emulatores, at least until the psp phone comes out....
    2008-04-30 12:09 AM
    Please, Apple would never support anything to do with piracy. Now, it would be possible to create a controller (like the one made for iPod) but it would be for jailbroken iPhones only. Not to mention, there is like 0 demand for a gamepad... Maybe an NES controller mod would be sweet, but all it would serve to do is give gizmodo/engadget something to blog about...
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!
    2008-04-30 01:05 PM
    NOOB FTW!!!
    Haha.

May, as we say in the iPhone world. ''You have been Pwned,'' just like my iPhone. :P
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP
    2008-04-30 02:31 PM
    It would be nice to use a game pad on the iPhone/Touch for things like emulators, But all im asking for is more Bluetooth functions so we can use the WiiMote with the iPhone.
    2008-04-30 06:59 PM
    Yeah right, that'll happen...
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!
    2008-05-01 03:15 AM
    when the iphone 3 comes out. It will be so revolutionary. Thiner than the screen of a macbook air. The same size as the screen of the first iphone. no buttons, all touch. 10G data network. Same power as a 17" macbook pro fully souped up. Superflash, bluetooth with R(Xtreme Date-transfer rate),100 mega px camera, video, neuro technological capabilites and more!

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro
    2008-05-01 05:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD