Hello, I'll be getting a Macbook Pro 17" soon and I need to know what accessories I should have to keep this in pristine condition and to get the most out of it? I will be using it for graphic design and this is what I'll be getting soon:

Logitech VX Nano Wireless Mouse
    Wacom Intuos3 Graphics Table

What I am looking for:
    Carrying Case where I can put some accessories like the mouse as well
    Keyboard Protector (Been looking at iSkin but I heard it has some troubles when closing the computer)
    Palmrest Protector (been looking at Malware, any others?)
    Outside Skin where Apple Logo is (I want to be able to custom made my own)
    Good Essencial Software (I have MO '08 already) also need software for graphics and drawing (besides Adobe) to work with Leopard and Vista.

Thanks In Advance
    2008-04-16 07:32 AM
    oh, software wise i have no idea. For graphics I recommend Adobe Photoshop CS3, Flash CS3, and Illustrator CS3( what i use). Gimp is also good to have on the side.

Hardware wise i can help you
    i recommend:
    2.6GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    4GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM - 2x2GB
    200GB Serial ATA Drive @ 7200 rpm
    MacBook Pro 17-inch Hi-Resolution Glossy LED Widescreen Display

for spectacular performance get that. if you need more hardware help for anything else.

ALSO say MACBOOK Pro. The Mac Pro is TOTALLY DIFFERENT!

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro
    2008-04-17 12:00 AM
    I only just switched to a MacBook myself a few weeks ago, so no expert - but anyway ...

One handy little app is Skitch - screencap plus much more.

I am also very happy with a MyBook external drive to use with Time Machine ...
    2008-04-17 12:09 AM
    For Graphics and drawing that works with Leopard and Vista you should get "Gimp". It works well and is for both platforms.
    For watching videos and movies a good software is "VLC" its free and has all the codecs you will need.
    If you check up on newsgroups often a good software is "Unison" from the company "Panic"

The stuff I listed is all free.
    2008-04-17 08:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD