Hey I have been raised on windows. I want a mac for best of both worlds. I was wondering if I could run both my windows computer and the mac I will get from the same monitor? Which one do you guys like? I can't get that mac pro too much $$$. This will be used just mainly for my Iphone and pictures-videos. Thanks for your opions
    2007-10-23 08:52 PM
    You can use the same monitor, HD's, memory, and most hardware between the two. Also, if you buy an Intel Mac, you can run windows natively, meaning you don't need an additional PC.

The first thing PC people hate when getting a Mac is the one button mouse, they think the Mac is designed for idiots. Don't worry, two, three and wheel button mouses all work on the Mac, just pick one up.

If you want gaming, the PC is for you, not because its superior, simply because all the companies have devoted themselves to programming for the PC while ignoring the Mac platform. If you want ease of use, no crashing and brilliant video capabilities, the Mac is for you.

These are my opions, flaming remarks will be ignored.
    2007-10-23 09:03 PM
    You can use the same monitor, HD's, memory, and most hardware between the two. Also, if you buy an Intel Mac, you can run windows natively, meaning you don't need an additional PC.

The first thing PC people hate when getting a Mac is the one button mouse, they think the Mac is designed for idiots. Don't worry, two, three and wheel button mouses all work on the Mac, just pick one up.

If you want gaming, the PC is for you, not because its superior, simply because all the companies have devoted themselves to programming for the PC while ignoring the Mac platform. If you want ease of use, no crashing and brilliant video capabilities, the Mac is for you.

These are my opions, flaming remarks will be ignored.
    I agree, im not a PC gamer personally, got my modded 360 for that, so Mac seemed right when i switched last year, best decision i ever made
    2007-10-23 09:11 PM
    just bought my first mac last night. Just unhooked my PC and connected everything I was using on my PC to my Mac and all is well.
    2007-10-23 09:23 PM
    At work I use iMac with Intel Core2Duo. You can get one for a very comfortable price. I have not tried VMFusion, but I use Parallels constantly running Windows XP. I have Adobe CS running on windows and it is very smooth. On my Mac side, I have other Development software running... i.e. I use my iMac to the max, both Mac and Parralels XP and I am very happy and productive.

At home, I have first gen MacBook Pro 17", which is only Core Duo, and I can feel it is lagging in speed when I use Parallels, compared to iMac at work. I will upgrade to Core2Duo soon. Instead of Parallels I use BootCamp and I have played many, many Windows only games on it, and they all ran perfectly and natively!!!

I hope this helps

Hey I have been raised on windows. I want a mac for best of both worlds. I was wondering if I could run both my windows computer and the mac I will get from the same monitor? Which one do you guys like? I can't get that mac pro too much $$$. This will be used just mainly for my Iphone and pictures-videos. Thanks for your opions
    2007-10-23 09:37 PM
    mac is the way to go!

If you already have a pc and just want a desktop mac to mess around on you can get a decent G3 tower for like 50 bucks or you can go to a nice quicksilver g4 for about 300-500 depending on specs. I'm only 22 and have owned about 30 macs in the last 3 years. I am a huge mac fanatic and my first mac was a 6300 *still runs 9.2 quite well and then i got a 400mhz g3 tower that i currently use as an ftp server in the basement. The tower is a bit sluggish but it does its purpose and looks awesome *i modded the crap out of it. I use a black Macbook now and love every inch of it! Just as a warning though once you get a nice mac its hard to go back to windows. I would say try and find a 867mhz desktop (so leopard runs) and play with that for awhile, soon you will be selling your PC and G4 tower to buy a macbook or mac pro! LOL. Hope i was helpful!
    2007-10-23 09:48 PM
    Hey XFSASX are you the one the cops are looking for because of some shaddy activity going ons at oink.cd ? man your are a fugitive. I can't take advise from a future felon J.K. No really thanks for the advise from all of you. I have been reading the responses all the way to the apple store. Talked with a sales rep and ended up get

Mac Pro

Quantity: 1

Item Price: $11,997.00

icludes the following:

Two 3.0GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
    16GB (8 x 2GB)
    750GB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3Gb/s
    750GB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3Gb/s
    NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500 512MB, Stereo 3D (2 x dual-link DVI)
    Apple Cinema HD Display (30" flat panel)
    Two 16x SuperDrives
    Both Bluetooth 2.0+EDR and AirPort Extreme
    Apple Keyboard and Mighty Mouse - U.S. English
    Mac OS X - U.S. English
    iWork '08 preinstalled
    Final Cut Express HD preinstalled
    Aperture 1.5 preinstalled
    Logic Express preinstalled
    AppleCare Protection Plan for Mac Pro (w/or w/o Display) - Auto-enroll

Apple Cinema HD Display (30" flat panel)

Item Price: $1,799.00
    AppleCare Protection Plan for Mac Pro (w/or w/o Display) - Auto-enroll

Item Price: $249.00
    You should of seen my face when I was told the total when I came to the casher was leaning over me trying to pry my creditcard out of my almost dead hand. Oh well only money and me and the wife haven't argued for a while so I am good.
    2007-10-23 10:59 PM
    I traded in my AMD Athlon 64FX 4800+ PC with 4GB of ram and 512MB nVidia 7900GTX graphics (Can you same Gaming Monster?) for an iMac 24, 2.16ghtz C2D, 2GB ram and 256mb nVidia 7300 graphics

I put a 50GB Bootcamp partition on the 500GB HD and installed Vista 32 Ultimate. The same games I played in Vista 64 Ultimate on the AMD system run as well or better on the Bootcamp partition on the Mac, with half the 'resources'

I have Parallels and VM Fusion as well but they're limited in that they don't fully support the #D graphics adequately enough for gaming

The only thing that makes a Mac less a gaming machine than a PC is the lack of games written for it
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette
    2007-10-23 11:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD