So I reboot my pc and when i start up it's goin pretty slow - so i goto task manager and look and system idle process is eating up 95% of my CPU - it has never done this before and it wont let me close the task! everything loads up fine but the hour glass pops up over and over and over and i dont know how to get rid of it - please help me
    2007-07-30 05:10 PM
    How long does it go on for?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
    2007-07-30 06:18 PM
    it won't stop, usually its around 15% never more and running fast, but now the hour glass wont stop i've tried closing every program i can ie: spyware,antivirus - but nothing works - system idle cpu is still 90 and the pc is getting hot! to say the least it's not even worth using right now it's so slow, i've never encountered this problem before
    2007-07-30 06:30 PM
    No idea. I'd check your msconfig (start>run>msconfig) and see if anything weird is loading.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
    2007-07-30 10:17 PM
    Your system Idle process should always be at 95% or higher, that means there are no other programs being sued and your system is idling. Try booting up in safe mode, and see if it still does it, then we'll go from there. To boot in safe mode restart your computer and press F8 during setup, then choose safe-mode.
    2007-07-31 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD