User Tag List

Hello to all!!! My wife and I will be getting our iPhones in a few days. We currently have Verizon as our provider and still have about a year left on our contract. Funny thing is that yesterday, our 7 month baby girl decided to put her mom's phone in her mouth and slobbered all over it! No worries, baby is fine, lol, but phone has water damage to it! So we go to verizon and since it has water damage all we can do is pay 50 dollars to get a new one. Well, we can put that 50 dollars towards a new phone, lol. So wife looks over the sidekick LX costing 349.99, but then thinks about it and says, shoot, if I pay 50 more dollars might as well get a iPhone!!! I was like huh? Are you sure? How about me? hahahaha. So we ordered the iPhone last night and should be here hopefully by next tuesday or so if they ship out today. We will be transfering our numbers to our new iphones so that it will automatically cancel out Verizon. Yes I know about the early termination fee, thought about it, and I don't care. You only live once right!
    Have so many questions about this little device I don't know where to start!!! How do I get AIM? For wife to communicate to her family. How do I get apps or are there any free apps?
    Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!!
    Sorry for this long *** post guys, I am just VERY excited!!!

2007-11-09 03:58 PM
    Welcome to the forum! You should take so
    metime and read through the wiki guides posted here on the site they should give you all the answers you need to install aftermarket apps and if you still don't find what you need we are always here to help!
    so do some research and feel free to ask when you need help

Welcome again!
    Last edited by StrictlyBusiness; 2007-11-09 at 04:10 PM. Reason: bad typing (using iPhone on the road)
    2007-11-09 04:06 PM
    thanks strictly!!! Okay so I read through some of the W guides about unlocking/jailraking! So unlocking means that you can unlock your phone to use it with any other provider right? Since I am a new customer to ATT I dont need to do that correcct? lol... And jailbreaking means, modding your iPhone so that you can install third party apps? So what I am looking for is just jailbreaking the phone and not unlocking it correct? Sorry for all these questions, I just dont want to brick my phone after i get it from att, lol...

I have modded my PSP and my XV6700 from verizon... required me to flash both the psp and xv6700... what i am doing to the iphone is basically the same thing correct? lol... thanks for your help!!!
    2007-11-09 04:36 PM
    Yep your on the right track! If you just want to install 3rd party apps your going to wanna jailbreak the phone, and install appsnap (if your running 1.1.1.) I believe thats what your gonna wanna do, If I am wrong anybody, please correct me!
    2007-11-09 04:52 PM
    and if i just got the phone it should already be version 1.1.1 right out of the box correct?
    2007-11-09 05:03 PM
    Yes it should be I dont think they will be selling 1.1.2. for a little while there probably just getting made right now as we speak, I hope everything goes good for you man, Stick around this is a great forum to learn new things from
    2007-11-09 05:29 PM
    to jailbreak a fresh activated 1.1.1 phone just go to and install appsnap. its automated and allows installer to be put on your phone and you can download apps from there.
    2007-11-09 11:31 PM
    thanks pokeked, after talking to my coworker he told me the same thing since i am acivating it with att legally. when i activate it with itunes, will it update it to .1.2 automatically or will it ask me?
    2007-11-10 01:31 AM
    It will ask you if you wanna update
    2007-11-10 01:40 AM
    2007-11-10 01:42 AM