i have loved the iphone since it's 1st release but i need some advice...

me and my wife are planning on getting the iphone 2 when it comes out shortly (we dont have them...yet). should we save our money and just get the 1st iphone at a discounted price or wait for the iphone 2? other than 3g, what else is reportedly going to change?

any answers and opinions would be appreciated.
    2008-05-13 12:14 AM
    Suposidly, same 2.0 Just 3G, you can't be sure, no trade ins is almost a lock, what i would do is sell yours now (unlocked for more) and just bind your time.
    2008-05-13 12:23 AM
    yeh every one will get the 2.0 firware with all the new goodies, but the only reall diffrence i see now is it will prob look a lil diffrent and be a lil faster on the data front. up to u guys. im sticking with the original i wanted a year to get it and im happy everything works. if it aint broke dont fix it. but u gotta love apple for the new models ever year or 3 months. hahahah ipod photo to video. seriously how long was the photo out for. lol sry for the rant
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!
    2008-05-13 01:55 AM
    we are at least going to see what the new ones are like before we make our decision. maybe the iphone's price will go down so we can get them cheaper
    2008-05-13 06:18 PM
    If you find yourself browsing YouTube and safari all the time on Edge then you would benefit from iPhone 2 3G. If you're mainly on Wi-Fi when you do this then go for iPhone 1 b/c you won't utilize the 3G feature.
    2008-05-13 06:24 PM
    Yeah, I bought an iPod Photo just a month or two before the iPod Video was released...

I'm in the same boat now. I don't have an iPhone yet, but my current phone has died. I don't think I want to wait for Steve's big speech introducing a $700 3G phone that drains the battery and isn't as important to the north american markets as 3G is still being rolled out...

But it has been suggested that the 3G version could be rolled out alongside the current version with tiered pricing for each. So the current model could drop in price! But why would there be a serious drop in stock of the current model then?
    My current phone's toast and I want an iPhone!
    2008-05-14 05:30 PM
    i know this question has been asked a million times here, but what do you feel is the best jailbreaking software for the iphone? i have windows xp and i was thinking iLiberty, but then reading it seems ZiPhone may be better...or winipwn? i dont know. and does the installer app come with these programs or do you need to d/l it somewhere else?
    2008-05-23 12:18 AM
    WinPwn, definitely. You use it on your PC.
    2008-05-23 06:32 AM
    i know this question has been asked a million times here, but what do you feel is the best jailbreaking software for the iphone? i have windows xp and i was thinking iLiberty, but then reading it seems ZiPhone may be better...or winipwn? i dont know. and does the installer app come with these programs or do you need to d/l it somewhere else?
    Hi,

I only have experience if ziphone but it was trivially easy to use.

You install it on the PC, connect you iphone (ignoring any messages from itunes) and just hit the button that says "Do it all."

That's it.

If you want to upgrade your firmware, you just hit the button that says "Prepare for firmware upgrade," then go into itunes and click the button that says "Upgrade firmware."

Then open ziphone again and hit the button that says "Do it all."

Takes about 5 or 10 minutes per iphone.

HTH

Martin
    2008-05-23 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD