View Poll Results: PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • PS3

33 46.48%
  • Xbox 360

38 53.52%
    xbox is only 720? I know gran tourismo prologue is 1080
    2008-06-02 09:39 PM
    For all those who keep on saying PS3 because the online is FREE!

Yeah if you did not know the PS3 online is FREE! because its blows wiener.

Good online service - $50.00/a yr.

Poopy online PS3 service - FREEE!!!!!!!!

You pick ?
    I rather buy a console that will not die because of faulty hardware.
    2008-06-02 09:56 PM
    I rather buy a console that will not die because of faulty hardware.
    had mine since launch week, hasn't died yet.
    2008-06-03 12:20 AM
    Are you guys fudging listening? ALL THE GOOD PS3 GAMES ARE COMING LATE!

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro
    2008-06-03 01:01 AM
    i have an elite and aint had any hardware issues, never scratched a game and has never froze on me. on my elite i have my display settings set at 1080p to match my tv. oh and i always have it vertical and the black is oh so sexy, some of my buds have ps3's and i think it looks ugly, IMO.
    2008-06-03 02:09 AM
    xbox is only 720? I know gran tourismo prologue is 1080
    No, xbox supports 1080p as well

Are you guys fudging listening? ALL THE GOOD PS3 GAMES ARE COMING LATE!
    and? why does that matter? why would you buy a system to play games that come out months from now? they might be good but for the months until they are released what are you going to do?

Meanwhile, while I wait for GoW2 I can play bioshock, GTA 4, CoD 4, GoW, and downloadable games are released every tuesday on the marketplace

Yes GTA 4 and cod4 are on both systems but CoD4 is simple amazing on xbox live. its meh on ps3. GTA 4 is amazing on both systems though im sure
    2008-06-03 02:22 AM
    Yes GTA 4 and cod4 are on both systems but CoD4 is simple amazing on xbox live. its meh on ps3.
    ill give you that one the online is great but how they pick the games not soo cool.
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!
    2008-06-03 02:42 AM
    ohhh its a tie
    2008-06-03 12:19 PM
    Take look at this official video from the xbox 360 Micro"soft" Convention

MS showcases Red Ring of Death Xbox 360 at expo | Register Hardware

There you have it. The failure rate of xbox 360 is up to %19 while PS3 is at around %2.
    I don't even want to mention how many friends I have that switched from 360 to PS3 mainly because:

- 360 is KNOWN to damage and scratch your disks
    - Zaps, and constant freezings
    - 3 rings of death (the video shown above, you get this you can kiss-goodbye your 360). rings of death is hardware failure.

Just go to YouTube and put 360 rings of death, and see MANY MANY folks getting these hardware failures. You can't say the same for PS3.

As a matter of fact I tried 3 brand new 360 20gb. All 3 were defective right out of the box. I took it back to BestBuy and got my money back.

360 does have more games, and better online play with xbox live but PS-Network is catching up THAT IS A FACT.

Oh yeah with PS3 you get this thing called BLU-RAY ...

MSoft tried to get Bluray in their console and were DENIED. Why ?? because nobody wants a weak console representing BLURAY. You don't believe me ? Try doing research on the net on WHY THEY WERE DENIED.

Blu Ray alone will cost ya about $400 bucks these days.

I rest my case.
    2008-06-03 01:29 PM

There you have it. The failure rate of xbox 360 is up to %19 while PS3 is at around %2.
    I don't even want to mention how many friends I have that switched from 360 to PS3 mainly because:

- 3 rings of death (the video shown above, you get this you can kiss-goodbye your 360). rings of death is hardware failure.

Just go to YouTube and put 360 rings of death, and see MANY MANY folks getting these hardware failures. You can't say the same for PS3.

As a matter of fact I tried 3 brand new 360 20gb. All 3 were defective right out of the box. I took it back to BestBuy and got my money back.

360 does have more games, and better online play with xbox live but PS-Network is catching up THAT IS A FACT.

MSoft tried to get Bluray in their console and were DENIED. Why ?? because nobody wants a weak console representing BLURAY. You don't believe me ? Try doing research on the net on WHY THEY WERE DENIED.

I rest my case.
    thanks man good quotes
    2008-06-03 02:14 PM

^^ You ruined your post with this lie

I rest my case.
    RROD - Yep its a problem, but the new falcon chips pretty much ended it. Your chances of getting a faulty system is very very low. I have my original system from launch week and it has not had a single problem yet. It's not like they won't send you a brand new 360 anyways if it does happen, what's so bad about that? If you get a year down the road and you get the rings, send it to MS and get a brand new 360.

Your lieing. No way you bought 3 360's and all were defective out of the box. You are seriously making sh*t up to make the PS3 look better. I bought a 360 during launch week, one a year after launch, and an elite a few months ago. Not a single RROD and only one scratched disk (friend knocked my system over). All I had to do was take it to walmart, tell them what happened and they replaced it within 5 minutes.
    btw you can argue about this if you want but anyone with common sense knows that you wouldn't buy 3 360's if the first one was defective (but i doubt you even bought one)

PS Network is catching up?? Right... they are just about 3 years behind and 25 features short. And you best believe as soon as it is worth paying for, you'll be paying Sony needs all the extra money they can get from the PS3. It was on "Life Support" you know.

"Walt Mossberg managed to pull a mighty fun quote from Sony CEO Sir Howard Stringer. During an on-stage interview at D6, Stringer said that the PlayStation 3 "was on life support for awhile," a pretty honest statement from the top executive of a multibillion dollar corporation about one of its flagship products."
    PS3 was on 'life support,' admits Sony CEO - Joystiq

I mean if you enjoy playing single player all the time then go ahead buy a PS3. If you enjoy laggy, low quality online play then you would want a PS3 as well. If you want twice as many games, just as good graphics, and top quality online play that gets updated consistently, you want a 360.

Oh I forgot, if you want a cheap blu ray player then you of course want a PS3. If only MS would have gotten the blu ray drive instead of the PS3. PS3 wouldn't even be on store shelves anymore.
    Last edited by bts0uth; 2008-06-03 at 03:13 PM.
    2008-06-03 03:11 PM
    ps3 = mgs4
    what more is there to say?!
    2008-06-03 04:44 PM
    ps3 = mgs4
    what more is there to say?!
    360 = GoW 2, if you havent saw the preview video I suggest you watch it. I would rather play GoW2 then MGS4

GameSpot Video: Gears of War 2 Gameplay Movie 1
    2008-06-03 05:52 PM
    ps3 = mgs4, grand turismo prolog/5, Ressistence 1&2,

and the only halo worth playing was number 1..on a pc where online was free. hah
    2008-06-04 02:05 AM
    360 hands down. Just watch:
    ***ADVISORY***
    The following videos have usage of several "curse words" and may not be suitable for minors, and I do not recommending it to kids under 14

Video 1: YouTube - Hitler Gets Banned (His Ultimate Downfall)
    VIDEO 2 INCLUDED WII AND PS3
    Video 2: YouTube - Hitler gets banned - part 2
    HAVE I HELPED YOU? Thank me!
    2008-06-04 03:13 AM
    It all comes down to personal preference. I go down the middle myself, had playstation from day one and kept up since, had a room mate that had the original xbox (modded then bought myself a 360 when it came out...

both do a greatly superb job at gaming. I think I favor PS3 a little more since I watch lots of moves and bluray is just amazing. The free online is fine for me I can't complain, and the downloadable games are better imo.

my 360 was stolen so I'm kinda going though 360 withdraws right now and love when my friend brings his 360 by to play.

and as far as CoD 4 goes between systems, I've played the 360 version extensively and own the PS3 version, and there isn't much of a difference except for the people playing it I noticed...
    Never underestimate the determination of a kid who is time rich and cash poor. (Little Brother by Cory Doctorow)

2008-06-04 04:01 AM
    Great vids...They were taken down for copywrite infringment
    2008-06-04 04:07 AM
    For the record I did not buy 3 360's. I got one after playing for a few hours I got ring of death. I returned it and they gave me another brand new 360. Played FIFA for 20 min. and it scratched my disk and every time I would go online it would give me game cannot be read. This is with 5 different games. I returned this one too. 3rd one after a week of use gave me 3 rings of death. That's when I had enough and returned that crap back to Best Buy and got my money back.

I am not a fanboy. Both consoles are great. BUT if you want a stable console that will not crash on you GET PS3.

I'm tired of people saying I've had my 360 since launch and its still fine. Hey, people unlock/jailbreak their iPhones with Ziphone and they work fine for a while then they start to collapse.

If you don't believe me go to official 360 message board and see for yourself how many people are complaining. And then go to US PS3 official forum and see how many people complain there.

Check youtube and see how many people have millions of different problems with 360's. You wont find that on PS3.

I want what's STABLE and not what has more games. So what if 360 has more games. Once your 360 dies those games will pretty much collect all the dust.

And FYI 360 Elite STILL has problems. Same problems like 1st 360 has. The only thing they changed is added a black case, with more HD space.

I know a lot about next gen consoles and trust me 360 is far away from being better than PS3 when it comes to STABILITY.

It's like comparing Unix Operating Systems to Windows. Sure, Windows are fun and have all these cool apps but when it comes to security, stability UNIX wins.
    2008-06-04 01:46 PM
    you have got to be kidding me XBOX360 is the best not only are the games better and there is more a variety but the online Community is wayyyyy better I mean yes the ps3 got blue ray but thats it there is way to many people to have fun with on xbox plus Gears of war 2 drops in nov. and unreal tournament 3 oh and ask the ps3 users if there version of GTA IV with the new downloads coming if they'll be able to go to vice city and all the other cities.... whats that no ok cus it's only exclusive for XBOX
    2008-06-04 03:42 PM
    again: some people want STABILITY not GOW 2. Christ.
    2008-06-04 06:46 PM
98 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD