Well after hearing iPhone 2 is coming in 2008, who will be upgrading? Will iPhone 1 Hacking die? Personally I won't, after waiting in line hours and hours, then the price drop, and i don't have another $400+ to spend on a phone, even if I sell this on eBay, then have another one come up by the time i do get that money. I'm perfectly happy with iPhone 1, though i feel Apple is holding out on us with some things, at the O2 meeting he said they had the next THREE planned out, sure its good buissness, but unfair to the consumer to have some features held out on them that they can get, and with 3rd Party Apps coming officially (Hallalujia!) iPhone 1 does it for me, im staying back, EDGE isn't all that bad, and 3G does drain battery. And im in High School, and can barely afford this one, ill get a new one maybe when i go to college, until then iPhone 1 for me
    2007-11-30 03:43 AM
    I agree....since i have T-Mobile EDGE has been my internet regardless....i actually like it cuz 5-15 seconds to load a page is not bad. I am in high school as well, but im not gunna lie..my parents bought me my first one...then i bought another one with my money...unlocked it...sold it....made $75 then did it two more times. Perhaps when i get close to college and have enough money for myself (i hate my parents buying everything....i like to buy my own stuff) to get the second one i will get #2...but i bet we will all be going crazy over a new phone
    2007-11-30 03:53 AM
    I'll buy one and probably give my existing v1 8gb to my wife or nephew
    The Cake Is A LIE!
    2007-11-30 04:19 AM
    It wont be any different. It will just include 3G capabilities. When I get home, I can upload the audio recording I had with an AT&T supervisor.
    I wouldn't really go by an AT&T person.. just my opinion.

I might.. all depends on the new features they throw in...
    Proud MMi Retired Moderator.
    2007-11-30 05:00 AM
    Depending on what's on it, I may buy it!
    2007-12-02 05:18 AM
    me too
    Evinecz
    2007-12-02 05:40 AM
    My business should be up and running by then, I'll defianetly get one. =D
    (Not to mention a few Gphones..)
    2007-12-02 06:24 AM
    meh 3G i could care less :/
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..
    2007-12-02 07:33 AM
    i think it will only include 3g and probably a dire battery. they cant really introduce any really new features as its only just come out in europe and wouldnt really be fair. unless they only release it in america again for a few months first, although nearly every phone released here now is 3g.
    2007-12-02 08:25 PM
    im getting one..see u in line dash!
    2007-12-02 08:32 PM
    I will hold out to see if any of the asian phones, unavailable in US, are as good as they say, when verizon lets us use any cdma phone we want next year. This way I can stick with verizon without their ridiculous controlling software, and dump my iphone and ATT. I am tired of carrying 2 phones (ATT iphone and krazr/verizon).If they are not capable, then yes, I will upgrade to a new iphone and sell my current one. 3g is important to me as well as the other capabilities it will have.
    2007-12-02 09:14 PM
    Absolutely!! I've never owned an Apple product before (such as an iPod) and I believe I'll be following through the upgrade path with this - assuming the features are worthy of the upgrade
    2007-12-03 07:21 AM
    The only things that would improve the changes that I get an iPhone 2 are:

-Better camera w/ flash
    -More storage

So, well see.
    2007-12-03 09:08 AM
    i can see a new phone w/edge and larger memory capacity; that's it.
    if the next 3 versions are already road mapped, they wont jam everything into the next version.

for those two features, I personally wont upgrade. I'll wait until 2009 b4 I upgrade my cell again. unless it meets an untimely death.
    Plus, I'm in Canada so....who knows what the future holds for us?

i can see a new phone w/edge and larger memory capacity; that's it.
    if the next 3 versions are already road mapped, they wont jam everything into the next version.

for those two features, I personally wont upgrade. I'll wait until 2009 b4 I upgrade my cell again. unless it meets an untimely death.
    Plus, I'm in Canada so....who knows what the future holds for us?
    Last edited by iFokust; 2007-12-06 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-12-06 09:55 PM
    iPhone 2 = 16GB or 32GB, 3G, 3MP camera, everything else remaining pretty much the same
    2007-12-06 10:22 PM
    what about a camera from the front?? I think that will be included
    2007-12-07 01:42 AM
    il probobly wait for the 3rd version... cant really catch up on technology... unless i see the features of the new phone worth paying for.... and i doubt that the iphone v2 will be worth investing for.
    2007-12-07 02:00 AM
    the 1st generation is really great,
    but I am definitely a 'tech whore'
    I'll probably get the 2nd generation, and 3rd, and 4th...
    (damn apple and their semi-unethical, but highly profitable business practices!)
    2007-12-07 02:15 AM
    iPhone 2 = 16GB or 32GB, 3G, 3MP camera, everything else remaining pretty much the same
    in no way it ill be with 32g..
    anyway the new iphone will have the same price as the iphone v1..
    2007-12-08 08:25 AM
    i say we should keep are version 1 iphones because what more can the new iphone have other then more space that some people dont need and that will alot so make the phone alot thicker but the only new thing i see that it could out do the v1 iphone with is 3g and who cares about that edge is fast to so unless they start being a$$'s and stop making updates for the v1 im keeping my v1 iphone dude power to v1
    2007-12-08 09:55 AM
21 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD