I'm currently paying $20 every month for 2gb of storage and 70gb of bandwith. I know I can get much better for the money I'm paying, but can't seem to find a good host. I basically need some sub domains, email address, 10 or so ftp accounts, mysql, and would like cPanel. Anyone have recommend some good hosting sites?

Thank you

Creator of "Phiberglass" Theme.
    www.austingrade.com
    www.iphoneinfoblog.com
    Computer: MacBook Pro
    Processor: 2.53GHz
    Memory: 4 GB SDRAM
    Drive Space: 320 GB
    Phone: 16GB White
    External Drives: 250 GB & 350 GB
    2007-12-01 09:37 AM
    Why not try explicit-hosting.com

Which can offer you 2 gb with unmetered bandwidth, unlimited ftp and mysql database, cpanel and much more for $6 a month.

http://explicit-hosting.com/
    2007-12-01 09:52 AM
    I use godaddy. I love them and I've honestly never had one problem!
    2007-12-02 05:11 AM
    I'd stay away from GoDaddy and 1&1 based on personal and friends experiences.

I have several shared hosting accounts, and just ordered a second dedicated server.

The shared hosting companies that I use and recommend are:

Hostgator.com

Bluefur.com
    2007-12-03 09:10 AM
    BlueHost is pretty good for me. Its cheap, but feature rich with almost no downtime at all.
    2007-12-03 10:13 AM
    BlueHost is pretty good for me. Its cheap, but feature rich with almost no downtime at all.
    I've heard that bluehost is pretty good too.

Another one to stay away from is Dreamhost. You can get $20-30/year hosting from them using coupons, though some people have very bad uptime, and some people have excellent uptime. I guess it depends what server you get put on, and who you are sharing it with.
    2007-12-03 04:57 PM
    I've been using dreamhost for 3 years now and I've barely had downtime as far as I remember. Its a bit more expensive than some of the suggestions on this thread.
    2007-12-03 05:03 PM
    My bad :P

I wasn't saying that the company sucks, as I do know someone who has a good experience with them, but I've read about too many people on forums who have had problems, downtime, lost databases, etc.
    2007-12-03 05:17 PM
    I like explicit-hosting, and Bluehost.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
    2007-12-03 06:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD