Kids under 15 with ipods and iphones and crap. They don't even appreciate it in my opinion. I also dont think that they deserve phones in the first place. I don't know, give me your opinions on giving little kids things that happen to cost in excess of $300 that they only halfway use.
    !ROHT YTHGIM EHT MA I
    2007-12-15 08:00 AM
    If I could, I give my 4y old son Iphone for Christmas, i think it is great little gadget and kids will use it more than we do. Now if they are spoiled and dont take care of their things I wouldnt even get them kinder suprise....
    2007-12-15 08:38 AM
    Kids under 15 with ipods and iphones and crap. They don't even appreciate it in my opinion. I also dont think that they deserve phones in the first place. I don't know, give me your opinions on giving little kids things that happen to cost in excess of $300 that they only halfway use.
    I'm buying my 11 yr old brother an iPhone for christmas, he's been doing good at home and school, so he's getting one for christmas. he deserves it. I wouln't care if i had to waste a $1000 on him, money comes and goes
    but childhood only comes once, and my little brother really wants to get an iPhone. He's got the money to buy one if he wants to but he ain't stupid, he wants Santa Clause to buy it for him. He's used to getting this type of stuff, so it ain't nothin new for him, he also got an Xbox 360, a PS3, A Wii, a Game Boy Advance (Touch Screen) wuteva u call that..... and u can add an iPhone to that list too, cuz he's getting one.
    2007-12-15 09:27 AM
    im getting one and im 14.

im very thankful though that i am getting one, i do work and find out stuff about them too, and put apps on it, and not to mention i sometimes do schoolwork on it ( type stuff up on notes)

and ill also be helping out my entire family with unlocking/ help when theyre troubled, cause they dont know how to .

i already unlocked my uncles iphone for him, and he was very thankful that i did.

i had an ipod touch b4 this but i sold that for my iphone, and i kinda agree with one of the guys above that say that young people use this stuff more then older people.

and they use them alot finding out ***'s and special stuff, the first person to unlock the iphone was a teenager..lol, and most the hackers/iphone coders i see is young people/teenagers.. cause they have more time for this stuff then adults do.

-the worlds first unlocked iphone was by a teenager, and the unlocks after were also worked on by the dev team, but alot of george hotz work / coding was used for the future unlocks ( even the software)

so i guess you can even thank that unlocked iphone you have ,thanks to young people.

with that out of the way, i do agree on hating spoiled rich brats though, espcially the dumb ones that done even know half the stuff the iphone is capable of..LOL.. or they dont care for it, i also hate it when kids my age show off with it.
    Last edited by Unleashed; 2007-12-15 at 09:39 AM.
    2007-12-15 09:37 AM
    im getting one and im 14.

im very thankful though that i am getting one, i do work and find out stuff about them too, and put apps on it, and not to mention i sometimes do schoolwork on it ( type stuff up on notes)

and ill also be helping out my entire family with unlocking/ help when theyre troubled, cause they dont know how to .

i already unlocked my uncles iphone for him, and he was very thankful that i did.

i had an ipod touch b4 this but i sold that for my iphone, and i kinda agree with one of the guys above that say that young people use this stuff more then older people.

and they use them alot finding out ***'s and special stuff, the first person to unlock the iphone was a teenager..lol, and most the hackers/iphone coders i see is young people/teenagers.. cause they have more time for this stuff then adults do.

-the worlds first unlocked iphone was by a teenager, and the unlocks after were also worked on by the dev team, but alot of george hotz work / coding was used for the future unlocks ( even the software)

so i guess you can even thank that unlocked iphone you have ,thanks to young people.

with that out of the way, i do agree on hating spoiled rich brats though, espcially the dumb ones that done even know half the stuff the iphone is capable of..LOL.. or they dont care for it, i also hate it when kids my age show off with it.
    True most people don't know wut to do with their iPhone but we can learn with the help of "Teenagers" like u and with the help of modmyi.
    And i do feel wut you're trying to say, u made a point!
    Being poor is a disease but u gotta hustle up a cure, that's wut i did when i wuz you're age, i used to sacrifice stuff in order to get wut i wanted. my t-jones used to give 2 dollars everyday to buy my luch at school, but guess wut, i didn't waste that money, i used to save it and i kept doing that for a whole year just to buy me a nintendo sixty-fo, bcuz i didn't have a santa clause to buy me one, but my little brother does and he's getting his iPhone this Christmas..... and if we ever need help with sum'n we come to people like u or any user in this forum that wants to help. and i know they will bcuz they're good people.
    Last edited by silencer; 2007-12-15 at 10:11 AM.
    2007-12-15 10:00 AM
    Might be in the wrong chat but how do you download programs off this site. Do I connect my Iphone to my computer or go to the site through my Iphone?
    2007-12-15 10:04 AM
    Might be in the wrong chat but how do you download programs off this site. Do I connect my Iphone to my computer or go to the site through my Iphone?
    You are correct it is a wrong place to ask this question. And second: first rule of any forum " all noobs should learn how to use a search feature in the forum". Or simply go to Guides section.
    2007-12-15 10:21 AM
    I'm 14 and I'll be 15 in January. I payed for mine but my parents pay the monthly fee. I'm not sure why you think I dont deserve it even if I payed for it and take good care of it. wtf
    2007-12-17 08:49 PM
    I'm 14 and I'll be 15 in January. I payed for mine but my parents pay the monthly fee. I'm not sure why you think I dont deserve it even if I payed for it and take good care of it. wtf
    Don't listen to that foo bro, im on ur side bro! i'm on your side, and we all deserve to have wut we want, as long as we get it the right way.
    2007-12-17 10:03 PM
    well seems like no one is on your side but i do know what you mean there are a lot of kids getting iphones that dont desirve it and if they dont have to work for it(doing good in school and staying out of trouble etc. is work for some kids) they wont appriciate it but the ones that do work for it will understand you have to work for things when there older.
    2007-12-18 01:13 AM
    I've worked bagging groceries since Last July, and i get all A's and take Chinese. I paid for the phone, and im paying every cent of the bill. I'm 14, i feel i worked for mine and i deserve it....
    But what does piss me off is when i see the kid next to me in World Civ whip his out and brag how this is his second and he lost his first IN HIS OWN HOUSE and his parents bought him another, i think of all the work i had to (and still have to) to get one, let alone two just cause he lost it in his own house, and it pisses me off, but i keep my mouth shut.
    Last edited by DoerrFan; 2007-12-18 at 03:31 AM.
    2007-12-18 01:22 AM
    younger kids can probably do more things on their iphones than the older folks in my opinion since they revolve around the thousands of social websites and email/im obsessed. I am 19 so I like to think that I fit in that category =D
    2007-12-18 05:17 AM
    What makes you do this. We are the future we are the ones who is going to be making your technology when you are sitting in your retirement home trying to watch TV. I think you need to get in touch with reality. Just because were kids doesn't mean we are all spoiled and little devils. You know what really grinds my gears?! People who don't think before posting there thoughts on the internet. Oh. By the Way I am 13 and I take a Sophmore course at my school. I have also help the elderly at a nursing home. I had to take my own time out to go help some people who lost many of their loved ones. But you know what you can say what you want to.
    MyPhone is better than yours
    2007-12-18 05:27 AM
    you know what? I agree with both sides, to an extent. I'm 20, and I've always wanted an iPod, but have had way too many other more important things to pay for / deal with. So it grinds my gears when I hear about the 13 year olds getting this like it was a stocking stuffer, or even just because. But I'm glad to see young people that know the value of a dollar; they work for their money, it isn't handed over to them. For those who earned their iPhone, kudos. However, for those who just get it handed over, don't flaunt that fact. IMO, it is not honorable to have things handed to oneself. I don't want to sound like I'm bitchin' and moaning, becuase I don't care how one comes about their iPhone, I just hate when people gloat about hand outs.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!
    2007-12-18 05:51 AM
    mine was a gift
    i got it when i made eagle scout =)
    so i guess you could count the 11 years of work getting eagle as work for my iphone?
    idk w/e i still have one
    and idk about you guys but i am SUPER protective of it (i always am with my phones, but more so with my iphone)
    2007-12-18 06:16 AM
    I've worked bagging groceries since Last July, and i get all A's and take Chinese. I paid for the phone, and im paying every cent of the bill. I'm 14, i feel i worked for mine and i deserve it....
    But what does piss me off is when i see the kid next to me in World Civ whip his out and brag how this is his second and he lost his first IN HIS OWN HOUSE and his parents bought him another, i think of all the work i had to (and still have to) to get one, let alone two just cause he lost it in his own house, and it pisses me off, but i keep my mouth shut.
    Out of all these posts, this one makes the most sense, and is closest to what I believe, I just dont like that people dont work for what they have, thats all I'm saying, and for DisownedPenny, I am just a service project away from my Eagle, good job on getting yours.
    !ROHT YTHGIM EHT MA I
    2007-12-18 06:31 AM
    mine was a gift
    i got it when i made eagle scout =)
    so i guess you could count the 11 years of work getting eagle as work for my iphone?
    idk w/e i still have one
    and idk about you guys but i am SUPER protective of it (i always am with my phones, but more so with my iphone)
    congrats on your eagle few make it that far. I am very protective of it too
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!
    2007-12-18 06:39 AM
    I got mine by working hard at school and work.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..
    2007-12-18 06:55 AM
    If you bought it 0 great, who cares? If you got it as a gift - GTFO.

'nuff said.
    2007-12-18 07:01 AM
    WHO cares who buys what anyways lol
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..
    2007-12-18 08:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD