Hi guys,

Ok I'm having a few problems with my phone and have accidentally done a few things I probably shouldn't have

So I was hoping someone could help me. What I would like to do is completely restore my phone to it's original state (when I bought it was unlocked and I assume activated with 1.1.1) so I would like for this to be basically a brand new phone but this time with 1.1.2. I use Rogers Carrier in Canada, I'm just a little worried to mess something up and render my phone useless, if that happens I'm screwed as this is my only phone (no phone at home)

Please lend some advice I would really appreciate it to whoever could help me

Sorry to double post, but I'm reading everywhere's that I need Modem Firmware 04.01.13_G and IMEI 0049xx ??? I have that Modem firmware but my IMEI says 01130*******

I just want to completely erase this thing but I have no clue how it was previously unlocked. It's a week 40 phone.

I just need advice, is it safe to Virginize and then restore to 1.1.1 then upgrade to 1.1.2? It's the IMEI that's screwing me up right now, but this is what it says:

You would want to do this if you upgraded to 1.1.1, and now have 0049xxx IMEI, and Modem version 04.01.13_G. Check this in Settings → General → About.

I have 1.1.1 and that modem firmware, but not that IMEI Please help someone...
    Last edited by Rounder; 2008-01-05 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-01-05 11:40 PM
    Restore it and start from begining...Downgrade to 111 ibrick it...jailbreak it install okto prep upgrade it to 112 jailbreak it again....i am using this guide: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=461
    2008-01-06 12:49 PM
    Restore downgrade to 1.1.1 jailbreak install OKTOPREP then update to 1.1.2 then jailbreak.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..
    2008-01-06 01:47 PM
    Excellent thanks! Successfully restored it, jailbroke, unlocked, and upgraded to 1.1.2 no problems!
    2008-01-06 05:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD