I'm fearing for a lot of casual iPhone prospect buyers. :P .... I'm not sure most people realize that their bill will be 75$+ dollars a month for a minimum of 2 years assuming they want basic text messaging. I am wondering why they didn't buy the first iPhone... which is pretty much the same as the 3G, and comes out to be cheaper!

Speaking of 3G... I'm betting that most Americans really don't know what it is...and it's definitely not the reason they're buying this phone instead of the first one. I heard a good amount of people walk into the Apple store saying "Where's the 3 Gig iPhone... wait that's it???" (it was) "whatever... it's $200 right?"

This shows that Apple is pretty much a genius for making people think it's much cheaper. There's no question that people are thinking it's cheaper... they're selling 2x as much as the original and i guarentee it's not just because it's 3G. :P

I wonder how many returns there will be within the 30 day period?
    2008-07-29 03:42 AM
    I have to differ with you on this point for a few reasons:

1). 2G iPhones are still selling for good prices (I just sold mine for $350 and I paid $420 when it first came out). Therefore to even get into one your talking $300 (lowballing).

2). On top of that people can use their discounts, which they could not use before. Yes you can use your discount on the 2G plan, but only on the minutes package and in my case thats $39.99. Yet, since I upgraded the discount now applies to $59.99 which they merged the data and minutes together. That is a larger discount and again in my case wipes out the $10 difference from the 2G plan and 3G plan.

I do understand what you are saying, but when I was in AT&T the reps were very through informing new people signing up how much their bills will be. I do not see a lot of people returning these phones.

Just my 2 cents....
    2008-07-29 03:52 AM
    mine is on the family plan, so i dont have the iphone text package, we have family unlimited on the family plan so i didnt need the texting on the iphone plan
    2008-07-29 03:54 AM
    I downgraded my minutes plan because I wasn't using them as much and upped my text plan. Overall it's cheaper then what I had before.
    2008-07-29 03:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD