• Marines

19 32.76%
  • Navy

5 8.62%
  • Coast Guard

3 5.17%
  • Air Force

25 43.10%
    I come from a strong aviation/Air Force family so the choice is only natural for me. But if i wanted to fly helicopters i would probably join the marines.
    Dont say "if i wanted to" just cause someone wants to fly or be a pilot, does mean your going to.

Thats such a common misconception, when I first told my friend I was joing the Airforce they would always ask "are you gonna be a pilot" and when I tell people now Im in the AF they ask "are you a pilot" ...... there are so many jobs in AF, only a small percentage actually fly.
    2008-08-08 09:22 PM
    Dont say "if i wanted to" just cause someone wants to fly or be a pilot, does mean your going to.

Thats such a common misconception, when I first told my friend I was joing the Airforce they would always ask "are you gonna be a pilot" and when I tell people now Im in the AF they ask "are you a pilot" ...... there are so many jobs in AF, only a small percentage actually fly.
    your absolutely right.

As a kid who grew up watching my dad spend a good bit of his Air Force career in and out of flight training, as well as a flight instructor himself, im aware of the skills, aptitude and competitiveness it takes to be a military aviator. I know people plan theirs whole lives to fly, and I know just because I come from a line of pilots doesnt make me an inherently good pilot. I was just saying, if i tried for had what i took to fly helicopters in the military, i would go to the marines.
    If I helped you out in any way, hit the Thanks Button.

iPhone? More like TyPhone
    2008-08-08 09:37 PM
    LOL seems the main problem is; a lot of ppl get their info from recruiters, all tho they are not supposed to lie to you, they certainly can allow you to be mislead with things that were implied...

If you are remotely thinking of joining: Definitely talk with someone currently on active duty or a Vet. Ask them their likes and dislikes about the branch they are in and what “job” they think is the best or they would rather have .... There are quite a few obscure “jobs” in the military that could interest you and be a good job to have if you don’t make a career of the military...

BUT! Be advised, that no matter what “job” you take, there is ALWAYS a chance you can end up putting your life on the line for this country...
    Last edited by E-Dragon; 2008-08-09 at 03:10 PM.
    2008-08-09 03:04 PM
    air force. After your done, you can get a job with an airline and fly anywhere for free =D
    2008-08-10 02:52 PM
    im in the navy seabees and no the marines are not the first in the seabees are. we go in and build the camps and the bridges and drill the wells etc. Thats the way it has always been. we were first into vietnam to clear the way and build bridges for the marines to get through. look it up. but like its been said before make your own choice each has its pros and cons. btw the airforce does not get paid more. depending on your rank you will get paid the same being an e5 in the navy as and e5 in the other services. and one more thing if your not willing to die then dont join the military.
    16gb iPhone4 black

If I helped you in anyway please hit thank you.

2008-08-10 02:56 PM
    air force. After your done, you can get a job with an airline and fly anywhere for free =D
    Probably dumbest post in this thread.
    2008-08-10 09:46 PM
    Probably dumbest post in this thread.
    lol!
    i still think the guy who would pick based on the uniform is the worst!
    2008-08-10 10:36 PM
    I thought it was the one that said the AF gets paid the most.
    2008-08-11 12:22 AM
    If you are afraid to die, don't join the military!
    2008-08-11 12:39 AM
    If you are afraid to die, don't join the military!
    now thats a stupid thing to say, when i was a kid i used to think that way, but you know what, everyday you have a chance at dying, in the car, chocking on food, drunk driver, aids, etc..

face the fact, we all die weather we want to or not, so if ur going to die, why not go out with a bang ?

and just because your in the military dont mean youll die, it all depends on what you do in the military depends on the chances of you dying.

sh*t like this can happen:
    Soldiers may have drunk tainted water - Topix

and the list goes on.....lol, just my opinion
    2008-08-11 01:01 AM
    If I had to join I'd go with the Marines
    -Nicole
    2008-08-11 05:59 AM
    Dear lord, I would fu*king kill myself if I got drafted, which is the only way I can even imagine myself joining the military. Burn draft card, run towards Canadian border, book a flight as soon as possible to France or Sweden.
    Running:
    iPhone 4 4.0 Jailbreakme
    iPad Wifi 3.2 jailbreakme
    AT&T
    2008-08-11 09:23 AM
    I havent been in to long, so E-3, and I am a firefighter, it falls under civil engineer.

To the guy that said you get 2 stripes for Eagle Scout? wtf, never heard that before.
    Yes, you do get promoted for that. You get 2 pay grades up if you enlist for being an eagle scout in the Girl Scouts *cough* BOY Scouts, and 2 pay grades up for enlistment if you get your Billy Mitchell Award(Cadet 2nd lieutenant) in the Civil Air Patrol. For those of you who do not know what the Civil Air Patrol is, SHAME ON YOU. I am in the TX Wing Group 2 Squadron 403, as a radio operator for our search and rescue team. CAP is the Official Auxillary of the United States Air Force. We are all volunteer, and we do more than 90% of inland search and rescue for the US.

Best known for its members’ work in search and rescue and disaster relief missions, CAP is expanding its role in the 21st century to include an increasing number of homeland security operations and exercises. CAP also performs counterdrug reconnaissance missions at the request of law enforcement agencies and can do radiological monitoring and damage assessment. CAP members undergo rigorous training to perform these missions safely and cost-effectively."-CAP Online"

Visit Civil Air Patrol Online for more info.

As for joining the Military, I plan on becoming an officer in either the Navy, USMC, or Army.

For all you people in the military. I will be getting a dual degree in Computer and Electrical engineering. What can I do in the military with that degree?

Semper Viligans!

Dear lord, I would fu*king kill myself if I got drafted, which is the only way I can even imagine myself joining the military. Burn draft card, run towards Canadian border, book a flight as soon as possible to France or Sweden.
    I CANT BELIEVE YOU!. The people who did that in Vietnam should never have been pardoned. You people who think that way make me sick. You better be glad our country isnt like Israel. Every young man there spends two years (I believe) in the army after they graduate high school.

It is an honor to serve your country. I love the military, and I cant wait to get in. Thats if I can. I have to find a way to cover up my asthma.

See, I have a disease that can kill me, but I want in that bad. But people like you will take great lengths to become cowards.

Im sorry everyone, but I had to get that out there.

To you, I turn 18 next week. If I got drafted, I would burn that card too. Only to go down and enlist in the branch of my choice.(Not sure if that would be allowed though)
    Last edited by CAPcadetJC; 2008-08-11 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Carpe iPhone"-"Seize the iPhone"-Steve's Roman Ancestors
    2008-08-11 10:34 AM
    im in the navy seabees and no the marines are not the first in the seabees are. we go in and build the camps and the bridges and drill the wells etc. Thats the way it has always been. we were first into vietnam to clear the way and build bridges for the marines to get through. look it up. but like its been said before make your own choice each has its pros and cons. btw the airforce does not get paid more. depending on your rank you will get paid the same being an e5 in the navy as and e5 in the other services. and one more thing if your not willing to die then dont join the military.
    LOL The 7th Eng. Div. would Dispute that fact, yea the Seabees were there to build BIG bases...
    But like you, as a Marine combat engineer I was trained in all that (Yes building bridges, housing both temporary and permeant) and more, Like laying and clearing mine fields and all explosives work. Right now most likely a Marine combat engineer is handling clearing a I.E.D somewhere in Iraq not a Seabee. And if you study Vietnam you’ll see a Marine Corps protecting them Seabees building bases for the Air force and the Army, not the Marines> That’s not to say they didn’t do anything at all for the Marines, after all the Marines are a “department” of the Navy and at times Marine engineers worked side by side building. But most all of the Marine bases were and are built by the Marine Corps. But we wound get into the Marine scout team or Recon team (or even Seal team) that was there first to establish the “compatibility” of the area... Or even the platoon or company of Marines that was (and is) there first to “secure” the area so those Seabee’s can get all the heavy equipment in they need.
    So I guess you can say that the Seabees and Marine engineers are BOTH the first in as a force, the Seabees building for the Army and Air Force and the Marine's for their own. But the true "first in's" are Recon, weather it's Army, Navy, or Marines.....
    2008-08-11 03:55 PM
    I CANT BELIEVE YOU!. The people who did that in Vietnam should never have been pardoned. You people who think that way make me sick. You better be glad our country isnt like Israel. Every young man there spends two years (I believe) in the army after they graduate high school.

It is an honor to serve your country. I love the military, and I cant wait to get in. Thats if I can. I have to find a way to cover up my asthma.

See, I have a disease that can kill me, but I want in that bad. But people like you will take great lengths to become cowards.

Im sorry everyone, but I had to get that out there.

To you, I turn 18 next week. If I got drafted, I would burn that card too. Only to go down and enlist in the branch of my choice.(Not sure if that would be allowed though)

Hey look man, If going out to a foreign country and kill people in the name of democracy and justice, then so be it. But not all of us have it in ourselves to take another's life, especially for the shady and quite frankly non-existent reasons for being in our current war. I'm not going to let anyone tell me I have to enlist for anything, much less the military. Regardless if your enemy combatants have opposing views than you, they are still people, and that will always come back to haunt you.

Masquerading murder with patriotism and a false sense of honor don't make it any less wrong. It is with that, that I would burn my draft card, not as a coward, but as a real patriot who understood what the Founding Fathers meant when they wrote "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness"!
    Running:
    iPhone 4 4.0 Jailbreakme
    iPad Wifi 3.2 jailbreakme
    AT&T
    2008-08-11 08:37 PM
    never would cuz im not stupid i value my life
    2008-08-11 09:21 PM
    You value your life because people like us protect it for you.
    2008-08-11 11:21 PM
    You value your life because people like us protect it for you.

haha you got pwned....lol
    2008-08-12 08:40 AM
    you fail
    Last edited by hookerpuncher; 2008-08-12 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-08-12 08:54 AM
    LOL The 7th Eng. Div. would Dispute that fact, yea the Seabees were there to build BIG bases...
    But like you, as a Marine combat engineer I was trained in all that (Yes building bridges, housing both temporary and permeant) and more, Like laying and clearing mine fields and all explosives work. Right now most likely a Marine combat engineer is handling clearing a I.E.D somewhere in Iraq not a Seabee. And if you study Vietnam you’ll see a Marine Corps protecting them Seabees building bases for the Air force and the Army, not the Marines> That’s not to say they didn’t do anything at all for the Marines, after all the Marines are a “department” of the Navy and at times Marine engineers worked side by side building. But most all of the Marine bases were and are built by the Marine Corps. But we wound get into the Marine scout team or Recon team (or even Seal team) that was there first to establish the “compatibility” of the area... Or even the platoon or company of Marines that was (and is) there first to “secure” the area so those Seabee’s can get all the heavy equipment in they need.
    So I guess you can say that the Seabees and Marine engineers are BOTH the first in as a force, the Seabees building for the Army and Air Force and the Marine's for their own. But the true "first in's" are Recon, weather it's Army, Navy, or Marines.....

thanks for typin all that for me.
    exactly what i was gonna say.
    recon firt to determine the safety of the area.
    marines to kill anyone in that area.
    THEN seabees and marines to build camps and such.

i thought the kid had to be a little daft to truly believe that they send a bunch of engineers and builders FIRST into a war zone to BUILD things.

COME ON!?!?
    2008-08-12 05:21 PM
72 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD