I love this site and it has all the information you need but at times it runs so slow and it takes several attempts to get to a page and a lot of times you can not even get on the site! Just wondering. I try at work and at home and get the same results most of the time.
    HaRdWiReD
    2008-01-29 12:44 AM
    i get the same thing......
    2008-01-29 12:56 AM
    same problem...i love the website...but it is really slow...
    2008-01-29 01:16 AM
    Cause people repost so much shat!
    2008-01-29 01:16 AM
    2008-01-29 01:17 AM
    Because some people post the same thread four times.
    2008-01-29 01:29 AM
    ... which is usually an accident caused because you get a "page cannot be displayed" error after trying to make a post, causing you to try again! Also a function of the site being slow/glitchy. Don't blame poster.
    Last edited by MOSHO92; 2008-01-29 at 01:51 AM.
    2008-01-29 01:41 AM
    sorry, repost
    Last edited by MOSHO92; 2008-01-29 at 01:48 AM.
    2008-01-29 01:44 AM
    because the servers are really laggy. they also have been having problems with their servers
    Like what you see... Click on the "Thanks" Button!
    2008-01-29 01:57 AM
    Wow, ask a simple question and get alot of slack. Seems like a good question to me and if your responders had a half of a brain they would realize when the site is running slow and pages are not loading properly, the possibility of re-posting due to that fact can happen easily. So why don't you you guys go pick on someone that really needs it...like someone who asks questions that have already been asked a hundred times in the same thread....or those people that post the same comment that someone else has already posted right before them...case in point...

"Cause people repost so much shat!" ...

"Because some people post the same thread four times."
    2008-01-29 01:58 AM
    it keep telling me that the page was unavalible after trying to post so i tried it again trying to post
    HaRdWiReD
    2008-01-29 02:01 AM
    more bandwidth on mmi's part would help too
    2008-01-29 02:29 AM
    I'm curious about how many hits a day the site is getting.

I'm also wondering what the leased bandwith for the servers is compared to the actual throughput a day from users.
    iPhone 8GB 1.1.3 Jailbroken

If I helped you out any, please Thank me!
    2008-01-29 02:45 AM
    also slow the installer on refresh due the laggy servers
    2008-01-29 02:54 AM
    personally i think Vbulletin has always been a slow POC but i dont think the graphics MMi lets users upload helps either. i hate seeing signatures with a huge banner makes the site look shitty(er) and frankly the ads could use a better placement. also black is getting old (im off to find a "theme" option)...

Edit: found the option to hide sigs and avatars
    Last edited by eminem213486; 2008-01-29 at 03:20 AM.
    2008-01-29 03:02 AM
    Guys. This has been addressed so many times - we are working hard on putting more money into this and getting all the server configs up and running beautifully.

The Installer lags have absolutely nothing to do with MMi anymore - our installer.xml file has its own server.

We are growing very fast, and keeping up with it requires money and time, which we are putting into it. Don't worry, we are on it, it is not always immediate when adding new hardware and configuring stuff.

Bottom line, we're aware of the issues and working overtime to fix them.

And the sig images have nothing to do with it, its the databases of posts.
    Last edited by Kyle Matthews; 2008-01-29 at 03:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
    2008-01-29 03:41 AM
    I love this site and it has all the information you need but at times it runs so slow and it takes several attempts to get to a page and a lot of times you can not even get on the site! Just wondering. I try at work and at home and get the same results most of the time.
    Because we are growing really fast.

same problem...i love the website...but it is really slow...
    thanks for the love

because the servers are really laggy. they also have been having problems with their servers
    we are continually doing our best to improve things

Wow, ask a simple question and get alot of slack. Seems like a good question to me and if your responders had a half of a brain they would realize when the site is running slow and pages are not loading properly, the possibility of re-posting due to that fact can happen easily. So why don't you you guys go pick on someone that really needs it...like someone who asks questions that have already been asked a hundred times in the same thread....or those people that post the same comment that someone else has already posted right before them...case in point...

"Cause people repost so much shat!" ...

"Because some people post the same thread four times."
    lol

more bandwidth on mmi's part would help too
    wrong

I'm curious about how many hits a day the site is getting.

I'm also wondering what the leased bandwith for the servers is compared to the actual throughput a day from users.
    we don't really look at hits, our network of servers is handling about 26 million pageviews monthly.

We have unlimited bandwidth.

also slow the installer on refresh due the laggy servers
    wrong, not a single installer repo file is hosted on our servers that are handling the site.

lol

... which is usually an accident caused because you get a "page cannot be displayed" error after trying to make a post, causing you to try again! Also a function of the site being slow/glitchy. Don't blame poster.
    it happens

sorry, repost
    you're forgiven

it keep telling me that the page was unavalible after trying to post so i tried it again trying to post
    oops

personally i think Vbulletin has always been a slow POC but i dont think the graphics MMi lets users upload helps either. i hate seeing signatures with a huge banner makes the site look shitty(er) and frankly the ads could use a better placement. also black is getting old (im off to find a "theme" option)...

Edit: found the option to hide sigs and avatars
    the graphics has nothing to do with it, you are right vbulletin has known issues when sites get this big, we are working to recode vb. Congrats at finding the turn off option

@ everyone I hope that these threads make everyone feel better, since there is one every other day. We have 3 people working full time to make everything as quick and as stable as possible. We will continue giving 100% and trying various solutions until we come up with something that works. Site lag stresses us out more than it does you and we are committed to improve everything, please be patient.

edit: or what that guy above me said
    Last edited by Cody Overcash; 2008-01-29 at 04:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-01-29 04:11 AM
    PF & Cash, just know that most of the informed people on here are aware of the uphill battle you guys face in keeping the site fast, but also free to its members and on behalf of everyone I would like to say thank you to all of your hard work and dedication to the site.

/brown-nosing
    -Ben
    2008-01-29 05:03 AM
    PF & Cash, just know that most of the informed people on here are aware of the uphill battle you guys face in keeping the site fast, but also free to its members and on behalf of everyone I would like to say thank you to all of your hard work and dedication to the site.

/brown-nosing
    I second that! I raise my glass of wonderful Hazed And Infused Ale to all of you at MMi!!

Cheers!!!

2008-01-29 05:15 AM
    LoL! Sorry for the triple post. Its kinda of funny it happened in this topic though.

2008-01-29 05:28 AM
25 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.