Ok this is some thing I made just for fun...
    Put the below MP3 file on your phone and if you ever want to find out the phone number of most any phone you call from just use that MP3 (donít worry itís a toll free 1-800 number)

How to use:
    Pick up the handset of the phone
    Play the MP3 into the mic (the part you talk into)
    In 2.5 sec it will have dialed the number.
    Then listen: An automated MCI machine will repeat the number and ask you if that was the number you are calling from..
    Just write the number down and hang up...

Make sure your volume is all the way up on the phone and the speaker is as close to the mic as you can get it.

This will work for all phones but not all phone systems.. For example: and office phone system will most likely just give you the main number. Basically it will give you the number that would show up on caller I.D.

BTW This will work of of ANY speaker source, your PC, ANY MP3 player that the output of the speaker is loud enough to be picked up by the handset
    Just in case you want to know... The number it is dialing is: 1-800-444-4444

LOL... Like I said this is just for fun, it actually would be easier to just dial the damn number, but it just kinda makes the iPhone like a James Bond secret agent toy
    Attached Files
    Last edited by E-Dragon; 2008-08-31 at 10:22 PM.
    2008-08-31 09:53 PM
    This didn't work for my iPhone 3g...
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473
    2008-08-31 11:21 PM
    This didn't work for my iPhone 3g...
    Hmm it should if the volume is all the way up on your phone, it's actually kinda hard to hold both phones and then press play, I should redo it and give it a bit of a few second lead in. So you can press play then have time to hold it to the other phones reciver...
    Unless the phone you used it on has a I.D. block, like I said it will just give you what like a caller I.D. would if you were reciving that call..

Yea this is nothing special, (lol its just MCI’s automated help line) it is the same thing most automated phone services use, it just reads your caller I.D. number back to you. So if it’s blocked, you’ll get nothing. Its just for fun not some hack to break into the phone system
    Last edited by E-Dragon; 2008-08-31 at 11:53 PM.
    2008-08-31 11:44 PM
    James Bond eh? So if I use your MP3 file, my oprator weill tell me my name is E-Dragon? Haha, only joking mate.
    2008-09-01 12:00 AM
    James Bond eh? So if I use your MP3 file, my oprator weill tell me my name is E-Dragon? Haha, only joking mate.
    LOL for you, my friend, they will give you free phone service
    When they arrest you for knowing me

Last edited by E-Dragon; 2008-09-01 at 06:14 AM.
    2008-09-01 04:14 AM
    My iPhone makes my radio "talk" at work... aka an obnoxious buzzing noise that scares the crap out of me

Anywho, interesting.
    2008-09-01 05:07 AM
    My iPhone makes my radio "talk" at work... aka an obnoxious buzzing noise that scares the crap out of me

Anywho, interesting.
    I think your phone is actually an alien communication device, sent here to spy on us before they invade. You should place your phone on the nearest train track so a train can run over it....

JK That's the first I heard of that
    Last edited by E-Dragon; 2008-09-01 at 03:48 PM.
    2008-09-01 06:12 AM
    That's the first I heard of that
    That noise that you hear is the iPhone's radio "bumping" into the magnet that all speakers have, and then moving it a little bit. It creates that annoying sound for some reason.

Disregard that if you were being sarcastic
    "Now everyone calm the hell down and let me think about how to clean up your mess, while you build me a monument dedicated to how awesome I am."

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS
    2008-09-01 06:35 AM
    gsm noise? You know, that little jingle everyones come to love.
    2008-09-01 11:50 AM
    Yep, I just wanted an excuse to use this:
    Last edited by E-Dragon; 2008-09-01 at 03:49 PM.
    2008-09-01 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD