The Official gathering place for us Desi's. If you would like to be added or removed, please post or send me a PM

ill just start with me

Ankitsid
    equus

oh and the meaning of desi..
    from wiki
    Desi (or Deshi; pronounced [ˈd̪eːsi] or [ˈd̪eːʃi], Hindi: देसी, Urdu: دیسی, Punjabi: ਦੇਸੀ, دیسی) is a word originally from Sanskrit literally meaning "from the country" or "of the country". In North America and Great Britain, desi is used colloquially to mean South Asian immigrants and their descendants. It is mainly used by those of South Asian origins themselves, rarely by the majority population, and carries a subtext of inclusiveness and unity. It allows South Asians to refer to their broader immigrant community, rather than requiring a specific, nationalistic label such as "Indian" or "Pakistani". As such, its connotations are positive, alluding to the shared values, bonds and experiences of descendants of the entire region.
    Last edited by ankitsid; 2008-09-04 at 05:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-09-04 02:22 AM
    Im caucASIAN does that count?
    2008-09-04 04:50 AM
    sadly it wont!
    but hey look your in texas haha
    im in college station
    Definetly not the place i wanna be
    2008-09-04 04:54 AM
    namaskar desi bhai........ translation.........waz up bro?
    2008-09-04 04:58 AM
    where the chutney squishee's at?
    2008-09-04 05:32 AM
    haha bhai i need no translation
    mere ko hindi samaj aathi hai

baha chutney squishees
    that could be like a billion flavours
    2008-09-04 05:40 AM
    Paki desi here.
    2008-09-04 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.