So I managed to bring my iphone swimming in a pool of salt water with me for about 20 min. Since then It hasn't turned on, and when I plug it in, It gets suprisingly warm and smells a little strange, and the screen will flicker with a soft crackling sounds now and then.

Is there a program I can download that Can fix this?
    Im not really looking for a guide, I just want to plug it in, open iwaterdamage or whatever it is, hit water-break, and have the program do its thing.

I think I heard of it once before, anyone know for sure?
    2008-02-26 07:40 AM
    man that smoke is a sign of frying it ya could of saved it if you blow dried it for a hour and then put it in the sun for 2 weeks without turning it on or charging it!
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs
    2008-02-26 07:43 AM
    So I managed to bring my iphone swimming in a pool of salt water with me for about 20 min. Since then It hasn't turned on, and when I plug it in, It gets suprisingly warm and smells a little strange, and the screen will flicker with a soft crackling sounds now and then.

Is there a program I can download that Can fix this?
    Im not really looking for a guide, I just want to plug it in, open iwaterdamage or whatever it is, hit water-break, and have the program do its thing.

I think I heard of it once before, anyone know for sure?
    ah, this made me laugh out loud. This was a joke, right?
    2008-02-26 08:29 AM
    i once saved my Nokia phone but leaving it alone and dry for a few days.

there's no software that can save ur phone. it's hardware issue.
    2006 Honda CBR600RR
    2008-02-26 08:29 AM
    hahaha, that would be sick if we could fix hardware issues with some software.
    Don't forget the Thanks if I helped
    2008-02-26 09:06 AM
    Think you're looking for This.

2008-02-26 10:20 AM

L-O-L
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs
    2008-02-26 11:44 AM
    Seriously man your phone is stuffed. I don't know how you could think that a program could unwater-log your phone. Lol, seriously man, you crack me up!

Rofl dude, seriously. Good call!
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP
    2008-02-26 12:05 PM
    Funny, my coworker was about nipple high in lake michigan for about 2 minutes- with his iPhone safely in it's leather holster on his belt. Funny thing is that his works great, though it smells a little now. lol

Tip for next time: If mobile is not off already, IMMEDIATELY force it off, (with other mobiles, remove battery immediately). And leave it off for at minimum 2 days. If you can, disassemble the mobile completely and let everything air dry for minimum 2 days. It may work, it most likely will not. (maybe) lol. Things like putting it in or near NEW (not used hahaha) cat litter are popular. Also, things like using pure alcohol (though I don't recommend) are not so common, but are used. The ultimate precaution: Never have your iphone on you when you are near water .
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!
    2008-02-26 02:09 PM
    Does anyone have any software I can run that will build a computer for me? Or fix my house? It is starting to get really run down and I could really use it, would definately paypal $20 to the author.
    2008-02-26 02:24 PM
    ur not a computer wiz are u?...software can not fix a phone that has been waterdamaged. Just dry the phone out and do this....
    http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14839
    2008-02-27 02:45 AM
    I actually just finished a water removing app.
    You can get it from installer.app
    2008-02-27 02:47 AM
    I actually just finished a water removing app.
    You can get it from installer.app
    this app is confirmed and working....just fixed my sisters water damaged phone
    2008-02-27 02:58 AM
    this app is confirmed and working....just fixed my sisters water damaged phone
    best app. from installer
    2006 Honda CBR600RR
    2008-02-27 03:28 AM
    best app. from installer
    defiantly....it can fix a phone that went swimming with you with no problems....HOW DOES TI DO IT! hahaha
    2008-02-27 03:53 AM
    i love swimming iphones...
    2008-02-27 03:59 AM
    From what I heard microwaving it works good.

Well, I haven't seen my neighbor in a while now that I think about it...
    Thanks,
    Matt
    2008-02-27 04:00 AM
    From what I heard microwaving it works good.

Well, I haven't seen my neighbor in a while now that I think about it...
    hahaha....
    2008-02-27 04:19 AM
    OMG THIS IS HILARIOUS!!

Hey guys....is there a program out there to fix the scratch I have on the bezel?? Please, its annoying
    2008-02-27 04:22 AM
    OMG THIS IS HILARIOUS!!

Hey guys....is there a program out there to fix the scratch I have on the bezel?? Please, its annoying
    yeah...its called scratchclean.app...u can find it under Tweaks 1.1.3
    Last edited by fat x nub; 2008-02-27 at 04:26 AM.
    2008-02-27 04:24 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD