seems like you got a thorough diagnosis. I had my disc between c6 and c7 removed and the vertebra fused ad plated. I luckily didn't have the degeneration or the stenosis.
    I'm glad you are having the surgery this soon. I'll be thinking positive thoughts for you.
    Yeah I have a mess right now to deal with... probably due to.... to much computing all of these years eh?

I will be glad when its all over..... and be glad when my arm does not feel this way..... thanks for your thoughts!
    2008-09-24 06:10 AM
    I hope that your surgery goes well on Friday!!
    Apples taste good.
    2008-09-24 06:20 AM
    I hope that your surgery goes well on Friday!!
    Thank you so very much.... I am scared at this time but just have to get it done so I can feel better....
    2008-09-24 06:27 AM
    Hi Guys And Gals!

Well I had the surgery on Friday and I just got home a little while ago..... I must say that that awful pain is gone.... matter of fact I was more than surprised that it was gone as soon as he fixed it but my neck still hurts which is expected for now....

Hopefully it won't take to long for me to get back on my feet..... I know I have six long weeks in this hard neck brace and then don't know if I will have to wear a soft one or not for six weeks but at least I do feel a little better now....

Thanks once again for all of your kind words and support!

My sister took this pic of me right after I got out of surgery... it kinda makes me laugh cause they had me pretty messed up!

2008-09-29 03:49 AM
    Good to see you feeling better, even if just a little. Were you able to find homes for your little ones? Are you able to still see them or did you somehow end up being able to keep them? Let us know. I wish you the best!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings
    2008-09-29 04:28 AM
    Good to see you feeling better, even if just a little. Were you able to find homes for your little ones? Are you able to still see them or did you somehow end up being able to keep them? Let us know. I wish you the best!
    I found wonderful homes for some of them and I have some here.... my sister, husband and cousin are taking care of them.....

My sister will be taking care of the show coats on them, my cousin will be doing the grooming and the hubby is cleaning and feeding...

But all of these people will be here most of the day working with them and taking care of me.....
    2008-09-29 04:36 AM
    dude i hope u get better realy soonn and i just gave u a thanx cuz u said u helped people when u were in pain i hope u get better realy soon
    God bless u !
    2008-09-29 05:02 AM
    glad to see you did well with the surgery. More glad that you had the same experience as I did in that the pain was gone immediately.
    6 weeks sounds terribly long but it will pass. I recall after a few days I became quite active wearing the hard brace. I painted 3 rooms 4 weeks post-op while in the hard brace. I'm nuts though and have serious issues with sitting around. Just read your body and rest when it tells you to
    2008-09-29 01:52 PM
    I don't really know you but look forward into your speedy recovery! Pretty soon your gonna be good for some tai bo and salsa dancing in no time! I'll bring some nachos and other stereotypical Latin foods! LOL j/k but serious , get well asap! LOL
    2008-09-29 02:34 PM
    I found wonderful homes for some of them and I have some here.... my sister, husband and cousin are taking care of them.....

My sister will be taking care of the show coats on them, my cousin will be doing the grooming and the hubby is cleaning and feeding...

But all of these people will be here most of the day working with them and taking care of me.....
    Excellent news. Stay strong. I know your little guys are helping you do so!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings
    2008-09-29 03:01 PM
    glad to see you did well with the surgery. More glad that you had the same experience as I did in that the pain was gone immediately.
    6 weeks sounds terribly long but it will pass. I recall after a few days I became quite active wearing the hard brace. I painted 3 rooms 4 weeks post-op while in the hard brace. I'm nuts though and have serious issues with sitting around. Just read your body and rest when it tells you to
    That was the nicest part about this all... couldn't believe how the pain was gone that quick! What a treat... I will never forget it though...

Now I am going crazy because I hate this neck brace.... I am so frustrated with it.... and as far as doing much... I can't just yet... when I walk around I shake right now because I am still weak from it all but I am sure in time that will change....

Did you ever feel lots of pulling on your throat where they did the surgery at? At times I can't swallow and start to freak!
    2008-09-29 05:50 PM
    feel sorry for you, hope the people in florida can help you
    2008-09-29 06:48 PM
    That was the nicest part about this all... couldn't believe how the pain was gone that quick! What a treat... I will never forget it though...

Now I am going crazy because I hate this neck brace.... I am so frustrated with it.... and as far as doing much... I can't just yet... when I walk around I shake right now because I am still weak from it all but I am sure in time that will change....

Did you ever feel lots of pulling on your throat where they did the surgery at? At times I can't swallow and start to freak!
    The weakness will improve . You just had major surgery and your body needs to recover. You may have also had severe impingement on your spinal cord (which is why they scheduled you so quickly I assume) so some could be neurological as the nerves come back to life . This will subside.

Yes on the throat thing. The swallowing got better pretty fast, maybe a week or so, but I was pretty hoarse for over a month. mostly if I tried to yell at my kids!
    2008-09-29 07:06 PM
    Just touching base to let all know I got my staples out today.... my neck is still swollen and it is hard to swallow and I do have pain in my neck and at times in my shoulder blades. Hard to type still as my fingers feel weak and pressure in my left arm.... the bad news is I have to wear this hard brace on my neck for 6 to 8 weeks longer.... (

This is something I will never forget once I get past this all.... but at least the bad pain is gone and I am able to visit this forum more.... as I am more alert now....

Once again thank you all for the kind words and support....
    2008-10-07 05:07 AM
    Thought I would let you know how it has been going for me.... I am still in the hard neck brace... I just got my second xray taken yesterday and now waiting to see if I start therapy to try to get out of the brace or what next... I am still now able to drive etc... etc....

I have tried moving my neck but its a no goer..... can't get it to turn left or right.... up and down I can a little bit but left or right... forget it....

But I was able to tolerate the drive down to Florida from Michigan... and the weather has been nice here.... at least I can set outside here and enjoy the nice weather and look at my pool.... LOL
    2008-12-11 07:31 AM
    good to heAr that! wish I had a pool....and the weather to go with it

get well soon!
    Last edited by z3r01; 2008-12-11 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-12-11 07:36 AM
    Thought I would let you know how it has been going for me.... I am still in the hard neck brace... I just got my second xray taken yesterday and now waiting to see if I start therapy to try to get out of the brace or what next... I am still now able to drive etc... etc....

I have tried moving my neck but its a no goer..... can't get it to turn left or right.... up and down I can a little bit but left or right... forget it....

But I was able to tolerate the drive down to Florida from Michigan... and the weather has been nice here.... at least I can set outside here and enjoy the nice weather and look at my pool.... LOL
    Was wondering how that was going. I wasn't able to move my neck until i started therapy. The therapist moved it for me the first time. Hope you get your freedom soon!
    2008-12-11 06:32 PM
    Keep us posted

2008-12-11 07:55 PM
    what kind of weird competition are you talking about!
    2008-12-11 08:30 PM
    what kind of weird competition are you talking about!
    Comeptition? ROFLMAO! We're talking about recovery from surgery to remove a herniated cervical disk. It does sound sort of kinky though.
    2008-12-11 10:11 PM
49 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD