I had my naturalization ceremony on friday and im officially a us citizen now .First thing i did was register to vote .Im very proud of my self ..
    2008-09-21 04:27 PM
    congratulations! Best of luck to you in the states!
    17" MacBook Pro
    G5
    iPhone 3GS 16G 3.1 Jailbroken//AT&T
    follow me on [email protected]
    2008-09-21 04:35 PM
    Good for you -- congratulations!
    2008-09-21 04:47 PM
    First thing was registering to vote? Shoulda done something worthwhile!
    To live, you have to lie
    2008-09-21 05:57 PM
    congrats. Where are you from?
    2008-09-21 05:57 PM
    First thing was registering to vote? Shoulda done something worthwhile!

such as ??? THAT WAS ONE OF THE REASONS I WANTED BO BE A US CITIZEN .

congrats. Where are you from?
    Thank you , im from Bosnia .
    Last edited by BarcaMagic; 2008-09-21 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-09-21 07:00 PM
    Ignore redcard, someone dropped some Dr. Pepper in the test tube at the lab.

Good for you man. It's not an easy process for most to do this. A buddy of mine has been going at it for ten years. If you get caught in a paperwork loop your screwed.

My great grandparents came over from Slovakia in 1906.
    2008-09-21 07:30 PM
    congrats.. your American now...

how long did it take for you to become citzin?
    THANK ME THANK THANK AGAIN..
    2008-09-21 07:57 PM
    One1 - my maternal greatgrandparents came from Bohemia (Czech REpublic) in 1887. We're practically neighbors.

On my dad's side here since the 1700's.

Congrats to BarcaMagic. I think its great that you consider voting important. Far toomany Americans disheartened by a lack of choices (aka 2 party system) choose to simply not vote. I say if you dont vote then, you lose the right to complain . My 18 year old son just registered to vote and am proud of him.
    2008-09-21 07:58 PM

Thank you , im from Bosnia .

What's the point of voting? At least this time you've got the choice of a rich white guy or a rich black guy. So I guess there's something tangible between them this time.

By voting you're legitimising the election process, giving your personal approval to everything that is done in your name, giving the US government the right to hurt, kill or maim anyone it sees fit.

To live, you have to lie
    2008-09-21 09:53 PM

What's the point of voting? At least this time you've got the choice of a rich white guy or a rich black guy. So I guess there's something tangible between them this time.

By voting you're legitimising the election process, giving your personal approval to everything that is done in your name, giving the US government the right to hurt, kill or maim anyone it sees fit.

thats your opinion my friend .

congrats.. your American now...

how long did it take for you to become citzin?
    thanks .i been here 7 years , applied little after 5 years , so i took about 1,5 years for the process .
    Last edited by BarcaMagic; 2008-09-22 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-09-22 12:31 AM

That's a pretty idiotic thing to say especially considering everything that is at stake this election.

PS: Obama is anything but rich (when compared to every other senator and player in the US gov), and both McCain and him have very different platforms so it hardly is about voting for a white or black guy. And what you said about voting legitimizing the electrion process.... THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF IT! You're casting your choice of who you want running the government. That last bit is clear Bush politics which are leaving the seat of power real soon.

I'm so confused, you sound like you're leaning Dem but then you go and call Obama a rich black guy, so what the heck?
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 2008-09-22 at 01:08 AM.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.
    2008-09-22 01:05 AM
    Native-born U.S. citizens often don't realize how lucky they are to have been born here. Don't worry about it.
    2008-09-22 01:32 AM
    I say if you dont vote then, you lose the right to complain.
    Some would say it works the other way.
    2008-09-22 02:16 PM
    Some would say it works the other way.
    Depends upon who you voted for. If you voted for the losing party, then you have every right to complain.
    2008-09-22 02:20 PM
    Depends upon who you voted for. If you voted for the losing party, then you have every right to complain.
    Not quite what I was getting at. I was actually thinking along the lines of: If you didn't vote, you're the only one who has any right to complain. Everyone else took part in a farcical election. You can't get much more flawed than the two party system, no shades of grey? But never mind me, I'm not a US citizen, stuff I say doesn't matter by default.

...how lucky they are to have been born here.
    Aw, come on. The rest of the world isn't that bad.
    Last edited by 461am; 2008-09-22 at 02:35 PM.
    2008-09-22 02:23 PM
    Not quite what I was getting at. I was actually thinking along the lines of: If you didn't vote, you're the only one who has any right to complain.
    Totally right.
    To live, you have to lie
    2008-09-22 07:41 PM
    Congrats on becoming a citizen. I get asked if I'm a US Citizen all the time since my parents are both from Guam. Then they ask what kind of money we use. Then they ask if we live in grass huts....blah blah blah.
    2008-09-23 08:19 PM
    From the Rock, eh?
    2008-09-28 12:36 AM
    From the Rock, eh?
    Yes sir!
    2008-09-29 07:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.