Yeah right now would be the best time for his package to launch
    I dont think you guys understand how perfect it would be. Say /if/ an untethered jailbreak were to be released this weekend, there will be tons of people moving to 4.2.1. Pkgbackup does not work on 4.2+ and will more than likely not be updated for awhile. This would be the perfect opportunity to move in and steal market share.

We could do a heavy marketing blitz the day before release of the jailbreak to notify everyone that Pkgbackup is busted but OpenBackup works and will make the transition from 4.1 to 4.2.1 effortless. Then figure out a way to get OpenBackup mentioned in articles/guides pertaining to updating to 4.2.1 and jailbreaking it.

Clock is ticking...

Yippee, just busted my pops out of the hospital, he is home yay, well here at my house anyway for at least till Monday, I hope longer.
    Im very happy to hear it cadi!
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 2011-02-03 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2011-02-03 08:31 PM
    I dont think you guys understand how perfect it would be. Say /if/ an untethered jailbreak were to be released this weekend, there will be tons of people moving to 4.2.1. Pkgbackup does not work on 4.2+ and will more than likely not be updated for awhile. This would be the perfect opportunity to move in and steal market share.

We could do a heavy marketing blitz the day before release of the jailbreak to notify everyone that Pkgbackup is busted but OpenBackup works and will make the transition from 4.1 to 4.2.1 effortless. Then figure out a way to get OpenBackup mentioned in articles/guides pertaining to updating to 4.2.1 and jailbreaking it.

Clock is ticking...
    Naw i knew exactly want you meant as soon as you said it. The timing for this would be perfect in every way,shape, and form. He would make bank off of this if he launched it right before the jailbreak released.
    2011-02-03 08:36 PM
    But it's not going to be ready in time, even if I submitted it right now, unless they're waiting for VZ iP.
    Paid packages take 2-4 days to go through, let alone me creating a bank account and PayPal. It will have to wait until 4.3
    2011-02-03 08:39 PM
    Guys is there any way to jailbreak a 3GS on 4.3 b3 oh and if I update and decide to downgrade will my baseband downgrade too?
    2011-02-03 08:40 PM
    But it's not going to be ready in time, even if I submitted it right now, unless they're waiting for VZ iP.
    Paid packages take 2-4 days to go through, let alone me creating a bank account and PayPal. It will have to wait until 4.3
    Bank account and paypal takes a few minutes. We could get the package up there quickly due to the nature of it. I could talk to saurik about it. The issue is getting a GUI working right away.

I think that pkgbackup will be updated by 4.3
    2011-02-03 08:51 PM
    Guys is there any way to jailbreak a 3GS on 4.3 b3 oh and if I update and decide to downgrade will my baseband downgrade too?
    No to both questions
    2011-02-03 08:51 PM
    So like even if I don't jailbreak it and my baseband is at the newest one and I downgrade it the baseband will stay at 4.3's baseband.
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Dude T.M.I
    2011-02-03 08:53 PM
    Bank account and paypal takes a few minutes. We could get the package up there quickly due to the nature of it. I could talk to saurik about it. The issue is getting a GUI working right away.

I think that pkgbackup will be updated by 4.3
    Well I could always wage a price war with PkgBackup. There's no guarantee PkgBackup will be updated (though it probably will).
    2011-02-03 08:53 PM
    Xcode takes forever to download.
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Dude T.M.I
    2011-02-03 08:54 PM
    Well you know what you have to do. I would just say to get it done as quickly as possible. Is there a way to do it via sys pref instead of an app?
    2011-02-03 08:56 PM
    So like even if I don't jailbreak it and my baseband is at the newest one and I downgrade it the baseband will stay at 4.3's baseband.
    Yes it will
    2011-02-03 08:59 PM
    that's so dumb. Isnt the baseband like 07.10?
    2011-02-03 09:00 PM
    2011-02-03 09:06 PM
    Oh I mean that messed up with the iPad baseband.
    2011-02-03 09:08 PM
    Well you know what you have to do. I would just say to get it done as quickly as possible. Is there a way to do it via sys pref instead of an app?
    That would be equally as hard. And no, I don't think so. Plus it'd be really awkward because it takes a few minutes.
    2011-02-03 09:09 PM
    Oh I mean that messed up with the iPad baseband.
    You mean the people that installed the iPad baseband? Ya they are still stuck with 6.15 for now. Doesnt look like Apple is going to make a higher baseband yet.
    2011-02-03 09:12 PM
    btw what is different about your backup vs pkgbackup?
    2011-02-03 09:13 PM
    MyWi just got a GUI Overhaul

http://intelliborn.com/mywiondemand.html

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R0kzsE6O2I[/ame]
    Last edited by z3r01; 2011-02-03 at 09:22 PM.
    2011-02-03 09:19 PM
    Yea its slick. Been using a beta copy for the past month. I really do like it, its more n00b friendly for sure.
    2011-02-03 09:31 PM
    btw what is different about your backup vs pkgbackup?
    Well you can update without worrying about the files (not sure if you can do that with PkgBackup?) and it will backup more preferences if any developers get on board. PkgBackup only backs up preferences in /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/, but developers can make their others preferences backup. For instance, Backgrounder's preferences aren't in that folder, and neither are iFile's bookmarks. OpenBackup gets the files in /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/ too.
    2011-02-03 09:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD