^ hey awesome, thought you were going to drop a bomb on us today, or did I miss it?
    2011-05-09 03:27 AM
    ^ well, besides being the best money can buy (to meh), there just so darn pretty, bottom line. IMHO
    I agree. It's just annoying when they act like we are drinking some sort of kool-aid. Apple products are awesome and so is their customer service.

You can play games on a computer? Just kidding. I've got a ps3 for games if I want to play. It's just a bunch of fan boys in there anyways. I posted in there and I think the only person who understood what I was trying to say was iannie. I gave up in trying to explain my point there cause no one wanted to listen. All they kept saying was games and prices. Which it's not even about.
    I understood. It always comes down to that. That's their go to talking points. Games. Specs. Prices.
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 2011-05-09 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2011-05-09 03:30 AM
    ^ hey awesome, thought you were going to drop a bomb on us today, or did I miss it?
    If you're talking about my departure from MMI, that's on the 13 of May.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!
    2011-05-09 03:31 AM
    He is being shipped to boarding school without internet. Poor guy.
    2011-05-09 03:32 AM
    Me? I'm not being shipped to boarding school.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!
    2011-05-09 03:35 AM
    that was battle but hes back
    2011-05-09 03:36 AM
    I understood. It always comes down to that. That's their go to talking points. Games. Specs. Prices.
    See I own both pc and Mac and do 80% of my work in Linux due to work. This is how I look at it, games no point, specs just numbers on paper, price it's just money. I buy/use a computer for what i need not any of the above. I'm not racist when it comes to tech if it does what I want/need I'll buy it if not the fan boys can have it.
    2011-05-09 03:37 AM
    See I own both pc and Mac and do 80% of my work in Linux due to work. This is how I look at it, games no point, specs just numbers on paper, price it's just money. I buy/use a computer for what i need not any of the above. I'm not racist when it comes to tech if it does what I want/need I'll buy it if not the fan boys can have it.
    Well I am not a gamer and I am not really a power user. I just need a computer that works well when I need it, works well with peripherals, and has a great resale value. That all happens to be a mac IMO.
    2011-05-09 03:43 AM
    Macs easily have the best resale value IMO.
    2011-05-09 03:45 AM
    On another note.... Android supports airplay? I thought that was apples thing but android will stream using airplay to atv2.

Agree on resale value. Mac all the way there.
    2011-05-09 03:45 AM
    Two more attempts to mod my prox sensor have failed. I would SO trade my white phone for a black one right now.... infact I might go onto Craiglist right now....... I bet I get 200 emails in ten minutes.
    2011-05-09 03:46 AM
    Two more attempts to mod my prox sensor have failed. I would SO trade my white phone for a black one right now.... infact I might go onto Craiglist right now....... I bet I get 200 emails in ten minutes.
    What's going on with it I just got a white one

Nevermind yours is after market
    2011-05-09 03:47 AM
    On another note.... Android supports airplay? I thought that was apples thing but android will stream using airplay to atv2.

Airplay's private key was reversed. So anything can announce over RTSP and have the key to correctly decode the incoming AES-encrypted stream (and reciprocally can broadcast out).

Resale value isn't exactly a fair shake, simply because Macs start out at high price and future models are almost guaranteed to stay there.

I'm an absolute specwhore (one1 keep your snide IBM comments to yourself <3), and I'm a starving (student?) freelance nerd.

I built my own computer and run OS X (and Linux) on it. You couldn't pay me to use Windows--in fact, I get paid to /fix/ Windows. Best of all worlds right there IMO.

Apple's consumer-level customer service beats the pants off of anything the PC world (I can speak to MS, Sony, HP, Dell, Acer, and Toshiba) has to offer--but it's not hard to beat absolute ****. Enterprise-level customer service, however... it's much closer. Lenovo/IBMs is top-notch (again, enterprise level only).

Meh. I'm kinda neutral on the whole thing. Mac and Windows both have glaring errors and shortfalls, and are run by (or collaborate with) ******* companies.
    2011-05-09 03:56 AM

Not that I know of.

Resale value isn't exactly a fair shake, simply because Macs start out at high price and future models are almost guaranteed to stay there.

I'm an absolute specwhore (one1 keep your snide IBM comments to yourself <3), and I'm a starving (student?) freelance nerd.

I built my own computer and run OS X (and Linux) on it. You couldn't pay me to use Windows--in fact, I get paid to /fix/ Windows. Best of all worlds right there IMO.
    If I can sell it for 90% of what I paid for it, it has a great resale value. Not really much debate there.

And I know there are many specwhores like yourself and I wholeheartedly understand that point of view. However, you do know that specwhores are such a small minority of computer users that it is silly for any company to focus efforts competing for their attention. But yea I was waiting for you to take my specwhore bait
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 2011-05-09 at 04:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2011-05-09 04:01 AM
    Not that I know of.

If I can sell it for 90% of what I paid for it, it has a great resale value. Not really much debate there.

And I know there are many specwhores like yourself and I wholeheartedly understand that point of view. However, you do know that specwhores are such a small minority of computer users that it is silly for any company to focus efforts competing for their attention. But yea I was waiting for you to take my specwhore bait
    I knew it was coming, rofl.

Apple would be crazy to build a computer to my spec and keep the price in the stratosphere. So they won't. And that's why I'm not an Apple hardware customer (for desktop/workstations).

PS: I found a TSS server source online, but man I suck at Java (especially suck at Java).
    2011-05-09 04:15 AM
    hmmmmm I just lost 600 posts. Perhaps the admins are angry?
    2011-05-09 04:16 AM
    hmmmmm I just lost 600 posts. Perhaps the admins are angry?
    Man, somebody must be axing threads left and right.
    2011-05-09 04:27 AM
    Well I can tell a mod didn't do it. It had to come from the top.
    2011-05-09 04:28 AM
    Well I can tell a mod didn't do it. It had to come from the top.
    Dun dun duuuuun... the thickens plot.

ARGH...

Who here knows how to run Java? This damn jar file keeps shooting me exceptions.
    2011-05-09 04:36 AM
    Nevermind, I found it. Simon deleting threads...
    2011-05-09 04:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD