Orby I love the way you talk just saying
    2012-07-28 05:51 AM
    Don't be a smart aleck and I won't be flippantly literal in response. And no, I don't think you're stupid.

Connect zee iPhone to zee iMac, open Xcode, and look at the Console while trying to respring. See if it tells you anything useful (like OH **** SBSETTINGS R TEH B0RKED! or something).
    I was serious about the usefulness of the diagnostic thing. Never had noticed that before wasn't being sarcastic about that
    2012-07-28 05:51 AM
    I was serious about the usefulness of the diagnostic thing. Never had noticed that before wasn't being sarcastic about that
    -blinks twice-

-looks at message again-

Wow, I read sarcasm into that? I need to get out more.

<3 I'm sorry for being unnecessarily surly.
    2012-07-28 05:53 AM
    I know u think I'm stupid but I have been able to connect the dots to figure that out
    smaller sig.png
    2012-07-28 05:54 AM
    The first image looks like a steak.

-blinks twice-

-looks at message again-

Wow, I read sarcasm into that? I need to get out more.

<3 I'm sorry for being unnecessarily surly.
    It's cool man
    2012-07-28 05:55 AM

Connect zee iPhone to zee iMac, open Xcode, and look at the Console while trying to respring. See if it tells you anything useful (like OH **** SBSETTINGS R TEH B0RKED! or something).

Huh, it's SBSettings, wtf. I had just restored fresh, added SBSettings, hit respring, zappo..........wtf. Now why 1 phoneage?
    How to fix is the question of the day.
    smaller sig.png
    2012-07-28 05:58 AM

Huh, it's SBSettings, wtf. I had just restored fresh, added SBSettings, hit respring, zappo..........wtf. Now why 1 phoneage?
    How to fix is the question of the day.
    Maybe it's a new version of SBSettings? I don't have any problems with it...

I rarely open Cydia to check for updates so I have no idea.
    2012-07-28 06:01 AM
    Sbsettings is causing the issue very weird.
    2012-07-28 06:06 AM
    Don't be a smart aleck and I won't be flippantly literal in response. And no, I don't think you're stupid.

Lol, you just gave me reminder on how to see what is causing my wifes phone to keep crashing on her.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
    2012-07-28 06:07 AM
    Maybe it's a new version of SBSettings? I don't have any problems with it...

I rarely open Cydia to check for updates so I have no idea.
    Haz same version on all phones. Uncle.......I give. Come on iP5
    smaller sig.png
    2012-07-28 06:08 AM
    Lol, you just gave me reminder on how to see what is causing my wifes phone to keep crashing on her.
    Very cool indeed never knew that.
    2012-07-28 06:09 AM
    Haz same version on all phones. Uncle.......I give. Come on iP5
    Not to be obvious... But why not just uninstall SBSettings? Or does the problem Still continue?
    2012-07-28 06:10 AM
    Something is causing it to crash, wow, no SBSettings, I use it everyday, ouch.
    Restoring again, this time on my MBP ( try another 'puter just for sh1ts and giggles) almost finished, then I'll try it again. Now serving number 6, number 6 please...........hrumph
    smaller sig.png
    2012-07-28 06:21 AM
    Something is causing it to crash, wow, no SBSettings, I use it everyday, ouch.
    Restoring again, this time on my MBP ( try another 'puter just for sh1ts and giggles) almost finished, then I'll try it again. Now serving number 6, number 6 please...........hrumph
    I'm smelling a hardware issue now... Apple Store replaces unlocked phones with other unlocked phones, BTW.
    2012-07-28 06:25 AM
    I'm smelling a hardware issue now... Apple Store replaces unlocked phones with other unlocked phones, BTW.
    How can you do a respring on a non jailbroken phone?

or is it even possible? EVO was about to tell me but I think he just got busy.
    smaller sig.png
    2012-07-28 06:33 AM
    Change language

Settings/general/international/language

Change it to British English then change it back.
    Last edited by Simon; 2012-07-28 at 06:38 AM.
    2012-07-28 06:35 AM
    Change language
    Apple store here we come, same deal, locks up even not jail busted. Thanks everyone. This has been consuming my little OCD mind for days now. Somehow I don't really feel any better, ticked off would be the word.
    smaller sig.png
    2012-07-28 06:41 AM
    Weird. I wonder what hardware would cause that to happen.
    2012-07-28 06:43 AM
    I know. So many hours spent, thought for sure it was a mobile substrate issue. This kind of stuff only happens to me. KMN...
    smaller sig.png
    2012-07-28 06:45 AM
    Possibly a busted register or a broken BSD device file (e.g., /dev/klog). Something that doesn't run on startup, but does on halt...

Anyway, this might be a very hard sell to an Apple "genius." Say you're trying to change the language and it's hanging on switch after DFU restore?
    2012-07-28 06:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD