Maybe I don't need an iPhone. Let's face it as a phone the iPhone sucks. We've said that from the start. Piss poor volume, can't even be heard on speaker phone. Same little speaker doesn't do well for music either. ATT doesn't cover 3G well so service is MEH.........

Now that Apple has expanded to the iPad it makes much more sense to have a phone I WANT that does things well as a phone, then use the iPad for traveling internet, games, apps, etc. The only reason we ever liked the iPhone is cause it does all that on the go, but makes us compromise on a phone. With the iPad out now, I see no reason not to get an iPad and chunk the iPhone for a REAL PHONE that works well.

That's why I skipped the i4 and another contract this time around. I believe the 99 cent phones they give away with service "talk" better with better speaker phone than the iPhone does. It's been said from the beginning too. It's no secret the iPhone sucks as a PHONE. No ergonomics, no speaker phone worth a daum, does not hold up to the environment a cell phone is usually in. (hence a million broken phones on ebay).

I'm going to get the iPad for Xmas from my mother so starting today, I look for the perfect "phone" that does nothing but be a Phone as well as possible. No fritterly little thin flip phone with a cute 3 inch screen. I want a PHONE.

Suggestions will be googled. Throw a few out.
    Last edited by one1; 2010-12-14 at 06:41 PM.
    2010-12-14 06:38 PM
    I just saved my iPhone from death.!!! Im not using a Case on my iPhone 4 and it slip out my hand and I kicked it back up with my foot and caught it..I had to think fast and it saved me..Woooop
    2010-12-14 06:52 PM
    Maybe I don't need an iPhone. Let's face it as a phone the iPhone sucks. We've said that from the start. Piss poor volume, can't even be heard on speaker phone. Same little speaker doesn't do well for music either. ATT doesn't cover 3G well so service is MEH.........

Now that Apple has expanded to the iPad it makes much more sense to have a phone I WANT that does things well as a phone, then use the iPad for traveling internet, games, apps, etc. The only reason we ever liked the iPhone is cause it does all that on the go, but makes us compromise on a phone. With the iPad out now, I see no reason not to get an iPad and chunk the iPhone for a REAL PHONE that works well.

That's why I skipped the i4 and another contract this time around. I believe the 99 cent phones they give away with service "talk" better with better speaker phone than the iPhone does. It's been said from the beginning too. It's no secret the iPhone sucks as a PHONE. No ergonomics, no speaker phone worth a daum, does not hold up to the environment a cell phone is usually in. (hence a million broken phones on ebay).

I'm going to get the iPad for Xmas from my mother so starting today, I look for the perfect "phone" that does nothing but be a Phone as well as possible. No fritterly little thin flip phone with a cute 3 inch screen. I want a PHONE.

Everyone phone out there will suck in one way or another......
    2010-12-14 07:02 PM
    I just saved my iPhone from death.!!! Im not using a Case on my iPhone 4 and it slip out my hand and I kicked it back up with my foot and caught it..I had to think fast and it saved me..Woooop
    You sound like a ninja.
    2010-12-14 08:00 PM
    ^^ haha fruit ninja I am..
    2010-12-14 08:04 PM
    Everyone phone out there will suck in one way or another......
    I have the phone I was using before the iPhone came out. A flip phone with rubber surround, made for high impact construction work and a speaker phone louder than HELL. Good ergonomics. It works on Sprint network, not ATT
    2010-12-14 08:26 PM

If you looking for a good solid phone the rugby is a good Att phone. If you want something strong and using just for a phone. If you are going to be texting alot there are a few better options.
    2010-12-14 08:26 PM
    I don't text my 200 text per month, barely 80 if that.

I don't use my 450 minutes per month, I have 2,580 rollover minutes.

I need a PHONE.

2010-12-14 08:32 PM
    Like i said rugby is a nice little phone then
    2010-12-14 08:33 PM
    It's identical to the phone I had before the iPhone came out, which was samsung as well just 4 years earlier model and on sprint. Loud speaker, can be beaten on and take a hit.... It's a candidate.
    2010-12-14 08:37 PM
    Also like the samsung solstice is another pretty good basic phone. It is touch screen tho
    2010-12-14 08:40 PM
    I don't text my 200 text per month, barely 80 if that.

I don't use my 450 minutes per month, I have 2,580 rollover minutes.

I need a PHONE.

I have 500 texts and i'm right up against it. I have 6GB, but i barely use 1, but then next plan down is 500MB
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No
    2010-12-14 10:06 PM
    You should have taken some pics to share!
    I will when I go again, just had a quick stop in there today.
    Last edited by Simon; 2010-12-14 at 10:13 PM.
    2010-12-14 10:10 PM

well here is my data usage
    2010-12-14 10:12 PM
    2010-12-14 11:44 PM
    This is a bit, well, on topic, but can anyone explain why my ipod's battery drains ridiculously fast? On a 2g, 4.0 jailbroken with wallpaper/multitasking enabled. I used the first method that used the final beta to jailbreak the release
    2010-12-15 12:35 AM
    Came home early from the ranch
    2010-12-15 12:48 AM
    I have the phone I was using before the iPhone came out. A flip phone with rubber surround, made for high impact construction work and a speaker phone louder than HELL. Good ergonomics. It works on Sprint network, not ATT
    Oh bummer! However Sprint has good prices..

Came home early from the ranch
    Why SB?

This is a bit, well, on topic, but can anyone explain why my ipod's battery drains ridiculously fast? On a 2g, 4.0 jailbroken with wallpaper/multitasking enabled. I used the first method that used the final beta to jailbreak the release
    Might be going bad?
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 2010-12-15 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-12-15 12:58 AM
    No...thats...impossible...NOOOOO
    2010-12-15 01:00 AM
    Oh bummer! However Sprint has good prices..

Why SB?

I have a dozen projects going on here and I needed to make sure some progress was being made. I am hoping to head back Thursday afternoon. Good thing its only 1:45 from driveway to ranch gate.
    2010-12-15 01:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD