User Tag List

I agree that all of us early adopters got screwed.it sucks
    2007-09-06 02:18 AM
    This really is very angering. grrrrr i really could use that $200! anyone who bought theirs on iday gotten any refund???
    2007-09-06 03:39 AM
    Its on an engadget article about the release. ill add the link if i can find it again
    \

Update : here it is : http://www.engadget.com/2007/09/05/s...special-event/
    I call BS. I just wasted a ton of my time reading thw dumb Jobs keynote speech without finding any information on any refunds.
    2007-09-06 04:19 AM
    I call BS. I just wasted a ton of my time reading thw dumb Jobs keynote speech without finding any information on any refunds.
    Tons of people have already gotten their refunds today. Whether it is through the phone or going directly to the store, it's happening. I plan to go through my Credit Card tomorrow and if that doesn't work I'll drive up to the store and ask for a refund.
    2007-09-06 04:28 AM
    Just one thing about "getting rid of the iphones worst feature, ATT"

To me, the best feature of my iPhone is that it is also a phone

I already had an ipod, and could easily get another one, the fact that its all these in one is why i love it so much
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."
    2007-09-06 04:32 AM
    Just one thing about "getting rid of the iphones worst feature, ATT"

To me, the best feature of my iPhone is that it is also a phone

I already had an ipod, and could easily get another one, the fact that its all these in one is why i love it so much
    Same here. I bought it primarily because I needed a phone, everything else was just icing on the cake.
    2007-09-06 04:34 AM
    Tons of people have already gotten their refunds today. Whether it is through the phone or going directly to the store, it's happening. I plan to go through my Credit Card tomorrow and if that doesn't work I'll drive up to the store and ask for a refund.
    I talked to my store today and they told me they could do nothing since I was past the 14 day return policy.
    2007-09-06 04:44 AM
    I talked to my store today and they told me they could do nothing since I was past the 14 day return policy.
    Yeah, some stores are doing that. Did you pay with an AMEX/CITI card? Some of their cards will refund you the price difference, check up on that. It not, wait for an official word of Apple but I wouldn't be surprised if ALL they got today were complaints.
    2007-09-06 05:05 AM
    18 days.....

In 18 days not only did the phone I bought get discontinued.. The better model is cheaper than I payed..

18 days... shakes head..

yeah I def feel jaded.. If I had it since the beginning I wouldnt mind it..

but 18 days..

And I got the brush off from ATT so I called apple and they told me I need to deal with ATT its there problem since I bought it from them..

Nice customer service there..

I cant stress it enough 18 days and my phone is discontinued... I just wont let this go.. Not by any means. I will be on the phone ASAP tommorrow morning..

Apple support forums are blowing up and there deleting threads like crazy, one user was smart and took screenshots of threads.. And is going to report them to a news organization on how Apple is trying to just make the problem go away versus dealing with it.. Smart Apple user

I am not so angry as I feel betrayed an swindled..
    2007-09-06 06:47 AM
    Funny, I would have expected to see or hear some news on how people are all bent out of shape this morning; nothing. Guess well just quietly just go away.
    2007-09-06 04:13 PM
    I saw a couple online stories talking about it already...im sure it will make the news....
    I think apple should rename all their products accordingly...we know that the "i" actually refers to Steve Jobs so why not call it the Steve Jobs phone, Mac, or the Steve Jobs pod
    Last edited by eg6motion; 2007-09-06 at 04:28 PM.
    2007-09-06 04:22 PM
    I can't even go to my local Apple store in Fairport NY where I bought my iPhone. They shut down!

Makes me what happened to Apple.
    2007-09-06 05:38 PM
    Well this what you call capitalism at its peak. Apple is trying to reach its sales goal by the end of the year and they don't have much time left. I am not really upset about it because this happens with most other products may not be with apple. But in any case I am having fun watching e..Bay sellers that are trying to sell their phones today . Donít worry you got to brag about your phone before anybody else had it. I bought my Moto V3 for $600.00 to be the first so canít complain .
    2007-09-06 06:52 PM
    WERE GETTING $100 BACK!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.apple.com/hotnews/openiphoneletter/
    I am the MacBook Pro
    2007-09-06 08:45 PM
    WERE GETTING $100 BACK!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.apple.com/hotnews/openiphoneletter/
    I am perfectly satisfied with a $100 dollar credit, my first two months were worth a $100 dollar premium

Now what should I buy..... Heres to hoping our credit is good till leopord comes out
    2007-09-06 10:11 PM
    I am perfectly satisfied with a $100 dollar credit, my first two months were worth a $100 dollar premium

Now what should I buy..... Heres to hoping our credit is good till leopord comes out
    Absolutely! I'm so pleased with Apple's response, I'm purchasing a 16GB Touch as soon as I get my credit!

$200 price drop after two months is WAY too much too early... $100 is more reasonable.

Steve, I was afraid, for the first time, you'd let me down. You came through for us! I'd still like the iPhone opened to 3rd party developers though!
    2007-09-07 01:24 AM
    Well we shouldn't be complaining about da price.. dat'z how it is.. gotta pay to play..
    2007-09-07 06:45 AM
    Well we shouldn't be complaining about da price.. dat'z how it is.. gotta pay to play..
    I respectfully disagree. I think a $100 drop on a $600 product after 2 months wouldn't be insulting, but knocking 1/3 off the price that quickly is a slap in the face to everyone who stood in line and took a chance of the iPhone.

I never experienced an "early adopter tax" that high (1/3 the cost) that quickly on a product as successful as the iPhone. I've seen products that suck drop that quickly, but never a product like the iPhone.
    2007-09-07 10:58 AM
    Absolutely! I'm so pleased with Apple's response, I'm purchasing a 16GB Touch as soon as I get my credit!

$200 price drop after two months is WAY too much too early... $100 is more reasonable.

Steve, I was afraid, for the first time, you'd let me down. You came through for us! I'd still like the iPhone opened to 3rd party developers though!
    Agreed..

I'm way more interested in a new classic (160 gigs!!) than an iphone lookalike without the phone, only double the storage doesn't make it worth carrying an extra look alike device, and the iphone already has enough of the cool touchscreen/ internet stuff

Now a macbook.. thats a different story
    2007-09-07 11:20 AM

I also think the $100 is cool, but look how smart apple is. They lose $100, much less actually since it's a gift card. But you decided to buy a touch ipod because of the card, so that's plus $400+ for apple.

Happy customers+ More profit
    2007-09-07 07:58 PM
80 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD