It seems to me that Steve Jobs gave away all the best of the iPhone in the new iPods. He even removed that crappiest feature of the iPhone (AT&T), lower the price, and increased the storage.

He better throw the iPhone a HUGE bone!

What are your thoughts?
    2007-09-05 07:54 PM
    I think it's a perfect thing to do, seeing as the only people who didn't buy an iphone wanted just the ipod parts of it. So released that and you get tons more sales.

I'm happy with my phone, it's what I bought it for
    2007-09-05 07:55 PM
    wi-fi iTunes store looks to be something slightly worthwhile for the phone.
    2007-09-05 08:01 PM
    Since AT&T has nearly non-existent coverage in much of my hometown, I'd rather have just the iPod portion.

What do you think of the price drop of 8GB iPhone to $399? Early adopters really got screwed by Apple... a $200 premium to get it a few months early?
    2007-09-05 08:22 PM
    Since AT&T has nearly non-existent coverage in much of my hometown, I'd rather have just the iPod portion.

What do you think of the price drop of 8GB iPhone to $399? Early adopters really got screwed by Apple... a $200 premium to get it a few months early?
    The sh*t pissed me off.
    2007-09-05 08:25 PM
    wi-fi iTunes store looks to be something slightly worthwhile for the phone.
    True, but it's a tiny upgrade that the iPod will also get. Steve needs to open up the iPhone and give us something good.

I suspect AT&T is less than pleased an iPhone without the monthly service fee and only slightly crappier service.

Anyone used the Skype on the iPhone? If you can do that on the iPod, why get AT&T?
    2007-09-05 08:28 PM
    this is what im thinking. get rid of the 8gig iphones for less, then release new 8 and 16gig iphone 2s with 3g. i think thats why he didnt announce the new 16gig iphone today.
    2007-09-05 08:58 PM
    iphone 2s with 3g
    I'm worried that 3G will kill my battery life. I'd love the speed, but my last phone, Windows Mobile 5 monstrosity, absolutely sucked the life out of batteries with EVDO and/or WI-FI. I'm shocked that WI-FI doesn't kill the iPhone battery. Also, 3G isn't available in my area anyway (EDGE is only occasionally available here).
    2007-09-05 09:06 PM
    Steve Jobs is a ****.
    2007-09-05 09:06 PM
    I'm bummed about the price drop..how about a discount on a new MacBook.. Come on apple
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."
    2007-09-05 09:11 PM
    Steve Jobs is a ****.
    My opinion of him, right now, is at an all-time low as well.

He needs to give iPhone users a nice gift.
    2007-09-05 09:33 PM
    screw you steve
    2007-09-05 11:08 PM
    i only feel screwed over because now i kind of feel like a test guinea pig.
    there was no rumor of him dropping the price 200$ or anything. I got my phone last month, and if i had heard the slightest rumor of a price break in a month, i would have waited....and now look im out 200$.
    no profanity YOU STEVE JOBS.
    2007-09-05 11:13 PM
    i could care less for 3g, but if a 16gb iphone comes out anytime soon ill really be pissed. especially since itll probably cost $499
    2007-09-05 11:18 PM
    I agree. we just got screwed Microsoft style! Thanks Steve Gates..umm..I mean Jobs
    2007-09-05 11:26 PM

Agreed.

I don't care about the iPod touch. I never use the ipod function on my iPhone as it is. I bought it so that I could have a phone + web device.

Buying new technology you always expect that there will be a price drop eventually, but 33% after two months on the market (one month of ownership for me) is not only ridiculous, but it is plain insulting.

What do you want to bet some unscrupulous marketing genius thought this plan up way ahead of launch in order to milk as much out of early adopters as possible before pushing them down the stairs.

I hope they pay for this big time in customer loyalty. I'd be very curious to see how many people are standing in line for the next big Apple product launch.

If they don't do anything to compensate those of us who just spent $599 I'm afraid Apple and I are no longer on speaking terms. I was looking at one of those new iMacs, but after this I won't touch one with a 10 ft pole.
    2007-09-05 11:29 PM
    yeah, i feel like apple stabbed me in the back with that price drop. i feel really hurt and betrayed. "thanks for being a loyal customer, why dont you bend over and take it in..."
    2007-09-05 11:34 PM
    i only feel screwed over because now i kind of feel like a test guinea pig.
    there was no rumor of him dropping the price 200$ or anything. I got my phone last month, and if i had heard the slightest rumor of a price break in a month, i would have waited....and now look im out 200$.
    FU*K YOU STEVE JOBS.

Well, there WAS this article on ZDNET back in January suggesting that prices would drop more than $200 not too long after launch.

I wish I'd seen it back then, but even if I did, it probably wouldn't have changed my decision, because both analysts and rumor mills are usually wrong when it comes to Apple.
    2007-09-05 11:35 PM
    to tell u the truth i dont care, i mean im upset about the 200 dollar price drop, but the ipd touch, i dont care about. Besides, eventually i can buy a second iphone and just mod the crap out of it w/o being worried.
    2007-09-05 11:36 PM
    I have seriously considered selling the iphone after this, I have never been so angry over something like this before but 200 dollar price cut already, I will NEVER own another apple product.
    2007-09-05 11:38 PM
80 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD