I got the RRoD about a month ago. I sent it to microsoft for them to fix/replace, no big deal. They sent it back 3 days later awesome! Well, I wasnt home to pick it up so I called ups and had them change the address to my office beacuse I couldn't be home during the day, no sweat. The next day no ups man arrives. The day after, still nothing. So I call ups and they gave me the "our records show that you requested we hold the package here" deal. So I went down there after work and the guy there tells me "its on the truck for delivery"...sweet....So the next day when ups doesnt come I call them again and they say they cant find the package. They then tell me that I have to call MS and talk to them. To this day one month later I am still on the phone daily with ups and microsoft trying to get my xbox back. 400 is a lot of money to me.

Lesson to be learned? Dont change the addy at ups...ever!
    2008-12-11 07:32 PM
    I got the RRoD about a month ago. I sent it to microsoft for them to fix/replace, no big deal. They sent it back 3 days later awesome! Well, I wasnt home to pick it up so I called ups and had them change the address to my office beacuse I couldn't be home during the day, no sweat. The next day no ups man arrives. The day after, still nothing. So I call ups and they gave me the "our records show that you requested we hold the package here" deal. So I went down there after work and the guy there tells me "its on the truck for delivery"...sweet....So the next day when ups doesnt come I call them again and they say they cant find the package. They then tell me that I have to call MS and talk to them. To this day one month later I am still on the phone daily with ups and microsoft trying to get my xbox back. 400 is a lot of money to me.

Lesson to be learned? Dont change the addy at ups...ever!
    Changing the address while something was on its way to you was a bit of a bad choice Hopefully you get your console back... 400 bucks though? That was launch value :P
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings
    2008-12-11 07:45 PM
    Yeah, it was launch value for the elite. I had to be different...Really it was an impulse buy cause the ps3 wasn't out yet.
    2008-12-12 02:32 AM
    Still have my launch box and it still works like a charm. I've had 3 other friends who's boxes are done for. Although I was able to revive one of them and I now use it to play burned games, as the box is modded.

Want a sig? PM me. Check out these examples.
    2008-12-22 11:03 PM
24 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD