View Poll Results: Is your cellphone a status symbol?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it is definitely a status symbol.

6 28.57%
  • Yes, status was at least a little factor.

6 28.57%
  • No, status does not matter, it's what i like.

7 33.33%
  • No, I couldnt care less about how it looks.

2 9.52%
    I have been thinking about all the people that come in my store, and all of my friends & family, and people i have never even met in my life.. and almost everyone wants that brand new amazing phone, whether it be an iPhone, or a Pre, or whatever it may be..
    And even within the iPhone community people seem to look down upon the iPhone 2G because it is old...

So I was just wondering...
    How many of you think that cellphones are a status symbol?
    2009-06-25 10:06 PM
    iPhone
    2G>>>>>>>
    2009-06-25 10:17 PM
    Yeah sure, cause nothing says ballin' like a homeless man with a Blackberry.
    2009-06-25 10:29 PM
    2009-06-25 10:31 PM
    Ha haaaaaaa one1, u nutta. I dnt think it's the phone but the plan ur on and the fact u can get credit lol joke. But have u seen that nokia e71 with diamonds for 4000! Wot fool would spend on some deadbeat nokia. That shiz would need to have adamantium for that kind of cash.
    2009-06-26 12:18 AM
    Thanks for the laugh.....
    2009-06-26 01:41 AM
    Are cellphones a status symbol? Yes.
    Is mine (White 3G S)? Yes.
    Did I buy it because of that? Effff no.

Pro-tip: Question in poll and thread are sort of different, haha... Your answers in the poll don't really match the question.
    Respect your elders.
    2009-06-26 05:45 AM
    personally i love my 2g i prefer the solid and flat back and have no intention of upgrading
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs
    2009-06-26 07:25 AM
    If you don't own an iPhone your a square. Nah nut serious , cell phones have become a part of peoples lives in a personal level that customizing it is part of ones status. Sure the iPhone 2G was a thing back then , but the new Jordan just came out so u know what time it is
    2009-06-26 08:50 PM
    Dude, you should have seen what people thought of me with my previous temporary phone- Nokia 1650- don't even search it; the phone's awful....
    2009-07-01 01:26 AM
    Attached Thumbnails Are cellphones a status symbol?-bum-copy.jpg  
    2009-07-01 03:12 AM
    Hahahahaha, too good.
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    2009-07-01 06:57 PM
    Loser = loser
    loser + Iphone = loser with an Iphone
    See, no status change. So my answer is no.
    2009-07-01 07:05 PM
    I think more highly of the iPhone 2G style and quality than the newer ones. The phone isn't a status symbol anymore now that it's subsidized.
    2009-07-01 07:07 PM
    walking into a party with the first iphone when it came out.. i swear i heard owws and ahhs. lol maybe not but i could see them looking
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!
    2009-07-08 06:56 PM
    I agree with the First-Gen iPhone love I'm feeling here. When I was waiting in line on the original iDay, it was something special. It was history in the making. That may sound silly, but it is the truth and no one can deny the sense of anticipation that surrounded the release of this miracle phone. Then, I got mine. I went to the car and opened the box. The gleaming chrome peered out of my hand sending beams of light dancing upon my eager eyes. It was so cool, clean, and pristine.

I had plans to see a movie that night. I was waiting in line for a ticket when suddenly I was surrounded by a feverish hungry mob! People kept asking if they could touch it. "Turn it sideways!" they would yell.

Well, its been over two years now and people still act amazed when they see it. Like I'm some sort of superior intellect since I can figure out how to use the iPhone magic. I am not a fan of the newer models. They look cheap and bloated compared to mine. And I live in a small town and don't think I can even use 3G. So... Meh. I'm still loving my First-Gen iPhone. Hopefully, they will show more attention to the external beauty of the iPhone next year. Then I would upgrade!
    Last edited by Hayesimus; 2009-07-12 at 10:48 PM.
    2009-07-12 10:45 PM
    I definitely think phones are a status symbol, I remember when I met my roommate in Sep. and he had a 3G. It was the first time I had ever seen an iPhone up close and I was saying to myself man this guy must be loaded to be able to afford the data plan and stuff.
    2009-07-16 07:45 PM
    They still are special.
    2009-07-17 12:38 PM
    I saw a beautiful blond waking into the room talking on the iPhone. Everyone in the room was more interested in the blond (even the women) so I guess the iPhone doesn't mean a damn thing if you are a beautiful blond. Maybe if you are a short, fat bald old man I guess people would be interested in the iPhone.
    2009-07-17 03:30 PM
    lmao ^
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    2009-07-17 03:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD