I went to The Apple store yesterday to by a fm modulator for my iphone so I could listen to music in my car. One of the kids working there offered to help and blah blah. I explained to the kid that I was traveling to Europe in about 10 days and wanted to bring my phone along but at&t charges like $150 per minute. I asked him if there was any way to make a European Sim work in my phone he said talk to at&t. I asked about unlocking/jail-breaking for my trip. He told me if I did that I was breaking Federal law and can be put in prison as well as voiding my warranty. I asked him why it was illegal and he said "because the cell companies can't tell where your at". Are these people lying to customers are they told to do this or are they really that stupid?
    2009-07-10 09:02 AM
    not that they arent aware of it but

LMAO At telling apple about jailbreaking directly
    2009-07-10 09:08 AM
    I was breaking Federal law
    LMFAO Apple thinks highly of themselves don't they. Please tell us his name and the store he works at. Since we all have free LD, we can fist apples store lines until we get an apology for the stupidity.
    2009-07-10 09:08 AM
    Jailbreaking is a taboo with Apple. Keep it on the down-low!
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!
    2009-07-10 09:43 AM
    nnnno...?
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    2009-07-13 08:19 PM
    When I went to my local apple store to get my 3GS the guy said oh I use to have the 1st gen too..I showed him that it was unlocked he said cool..you just bumped to a apple suck up worker or just plain iStupid worker
    2009-07-13 08:48 PM
    Federal Law.......oh crap thats funny.
    2009-07-14 02:14 AM
    What? When I read your little story, I start laughing haha. I went into a apple store with my friend and holding a unlocked red iphone 3G. The staffs from apple stated it was cool and how you do it. They were even surprised that I can change the carrier name and have a 5 icon dock. The point is if jailbroken or unlock is illegal, why Im not in jail? Im at home relaxing my cup of coffee. Dont listen to the idiot staff. They want you to pay for the offical at&T service by making up some lie.
    Last edited by Sadhunni; 2009-07-14 at 03:18 AM.
    2009-07-14 03:10 AM
    Jailbreaking is sorta like downloading music. It's only an issue if you're caught. Or, live in Canada...
    2009-07-14 03:15 AM
    Jailbreaking is sorta like downloading music. It's only an issue if you're caught. Or, live in Canada...
    not even close...
    17" MacBook Pro
    G5
    iPhone 3GS 16G 3.1 Jailbroken//AT&T
    follow me on [email protected]
    2009-07-14 05:46 AM
    Funniest thread ever.
     White iPhone 3Gs - 32Gb 
    2009-07-14 05:54 AM
    not even close...
    Well, obviously not. Not like this is a very serious thread anyway...
    2009-07-14 06:00 AM
    ^ Jalebreakan is serius business
    2009-07-14 06:21 AM
    LOL, apple store employees make me laugh. Some take their jobs wayyyy to seriously. I remember about 6 months ago being in the apple store and having all of the employees pass my phone around oohhing and ahhhing at the jailbroken masterpiece. Haha, but then I remember being in another apple store recently looking at new cases and the manager asking to help me find a case. So he takes my phone and looks at it, hands it back to me and goes, "we cannot help you here at the apple store, I suggest you leave". I stood there laughing for about 10 minutes before walking out...the manager walked into the back after about 30 seconds of me laughing in his face.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME
    2009-07-14 09:34 AM
    I dn't think I would worry about a warranty if jail time was in question.
    2009-07-14 09:46 AM
    LOL, apple store employees make me laugh. Some take their jobs wayyyy to seriously. I remember about 6 months ago being in the apple store and having all of the employees pass my phone around oohhing and ahhhing at the jailbroken masterpiece. Haha, but then I remember being in another apple store recently looking at new cases and the manager asking to help me find a case. So he takes my phone and looks at it, hands it back to me and goes, "we cannot help you here at the apple store, I suggest you leave". I stood there laughing for about 10 minutes before walking out...the manager walked into the back after about 30 seconds of me laughing in his face.
    Hahha.. Nice. I would do the same thing. I will stand there and laugh. I will probably even buy stuff there and then leave. Well, the manager is being unprofessional. We still using the apple product. We didnt change the appearance of it anyway. They are stupid I tell you.
    2009-07-14 02:54 PM
    All it does is promote the product even more... :/
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    2009-07-14 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD