That's being sarcastic.

I was supposed to be able to upgrade one of my lines at subsidized prices and one at discounted prices. So I drive 2 hours one way to get to an apple store, check my eligibility again there and..... no dice. Almost Full price. FML it cost me $1200.00 and 5 hours driving to upgrade my (2) 16gb 3G phones to (2) 32gb 3GS phones.

I really haven't been to happy about it, but once I got home and had a chance to stand back and look at them in all their glory......

It ain't so bad I guess. Oh and yes you can tell the difference between a 3G and a 3GS. The 3G has painted letters, the 3GS has chrome letters.

Last edited by one1; 2009-07-12 at 01:02 AM.
    2009-07-12 12:59 AM
    Hope that doesnt happen to me. I am supposedly eligible for the discounted upgrade price as well. Think I'm going to buy mine online where it seems as if it will give me the price.

Got to get my 3G replaced under warranty first- got a couple of dead pixels and a dark spot on the screen. Plan on giving it to my son or selling it when I get my 3GS.
    2009-07-12 01:08 AM
    That's being sarcastic.
    Beautiful sight for sure, I am so jealous.

What's the weather like in Tenn? My family has a Cabin in the Strawberry Fields area, haven't been there in a few years though.
    I love Pigeon Forge too, cool place. DollyWood rocks.
    2009-07-12 01:16 AM
    You and your phones... I would have never settled for a higher price if I was eligible, though.

Why so many?
    Respect your elders.
    2009-07-12 04:08 AM
    $1200 on phones for one person? wtf?
    2009-07-13 04:10 PM
    I'll give ya $200 for one of those old 3G iPhones, LOL!
     White iPhone 3Gs - 32Gb 
    2009-07-13 04:29 PM
    You love white don't you i was going to get white but backed out got the black..it don't really matter. Because we all put cases on are babies...

That's some good pics..enjoy your new toy
    2009-07-13 05:31 PM
    I had fun at the Apple Store today- they swapped my white 16gb 3G no questions asked. I had a dark spot on my screen and over time 2 dead pixels appeared. Well over the weekend don't you know the pixels unstuck themselves, but the dark patch was still there. I almost cancelled my Genius bar appointment but decided to try anyway sonce i'm 5 minutes from the Apple store. I explained about the pixels that were there for over a month then disappeared, The Genius looks over the phone (which i had restored to stock), and tells me normally they'd replace the screen, but since i had a few tinuy cracks on the back theyd just replace the phone. Cool! Now I have a brand new 3G to give my son or sell when I upgrade to a 3GS.
    2009-07-13 06:23 PM
    Beautiful sight for sure, I am so jealous.

What's the weather like in Tenn? My family has a Cabin in the Strawberry Fields area, haven't been there in a few years though.
    I love Pigeon Forge too, cool place. DollyWood rocks.
    Weather sucks, but we are immune to earthquake, tornado, wildfires, and most other natural disasters. (tornadoes in the upper part of the state, not here).

I'll give ya $200 for one of those old 3G iPhones, LOL!
    I'll take the $800 I got instead.

I had fun at the Apple Store today- they swapped my white 16gb 3G no questions asked. I had a dark spot on my screen and over time 2 dead pixels appeared. Well over the weekend don't you know the pixels unstuck themselves, but the dark patch was still there. I almost cancelled my Genius bar appointment but decided to try anyway sonce i'm 5 minutes from the Apple store. I explained about the pixels that were there for over a month then disappeared, The Genius looks over the phone (which i had restored to stock), and tells me normally they'd replace the screen, but since i had a few tinuy cracks on the back theyd just replace the phone. Cool! Now I have a brand new 3G to give my son or sell when I upgrade to a 3GS.
    i remember the complaints about cracks on the 3g, but out of 4 phones I never experienced them and hope I don't.
    Last edited by one1; 2009-07-13 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-07-13 07:45 PM
    I'll take the $800 I got instead.

^^ Yeah, it was worth a shot, haha! Still cant believe people are paying that much! I'm considering flipping my 32gb!
     White iPhone 3Gs - 32Gb 
    2009-07-13 07:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD