How come all the guides say Windows XP is needed? You can't use Vista 32 bit?

-Zach
    2007-09-25 06:39 AM
    Vista works fine with any guide meant for "XP".
    2007-09-25 07:44 AM
    The programs work fine, it is vista that doesn't
    2007-09-25 08:41 AM
    lol @ one1
    2007-09-25 08:55 AM
    Wrong. Vista 32 works fine with all the xp related guides
    2007-09-25 01:59 PM
    no i think hes just saying that Vista sucks as an OS
    I am the MacBook Pro
    2007-09-25 03:36 PM
    no i think hes just saying that Vista sucks as an OS
    Then he'd be also wrong in that case :P
    2007-09-25 05:00 PM
    What planet do you live on again?
    2007-09-25 07:27 PM

Ye I mean seriously. Vista is the WORST OS out there. Do you know there is anther OS in plans by MS that will be released in 2-3 years? How many OS's have 3-4 versions and if you have an older PC, you can't get the "better" versions and get stuck with the crappy version. All those new fangle things they have can't even be used by a PC less than 2 years old unless you are a hard core gamer and have an actual video card. Throw in the hard drive requirements, I would like my 15 GB back please. Im sorry but I find Vista a useless OS right now unless it came with my PC which then I have no choice but use it, otherwise I would like to keep my XP. Plain and simple.
    2007-09-25 07:48 PM
    if you have an older PC, you can't get the "better" versions and get stuck with the crappy version. All those new fangle things they have can't even be used by a PC less than 2 years old unless you are a hard core gamer and have an actual video card. .
    Obviously misinformed.
    I have Vista Home Premium running on a 3.5 year old laptop with an integrated video card. Runs great. I also have it on my main PC in 64 bit, runs great. And what exactly do you mean by new fangle?
    No fan of MS here, but what exactly is it about vista that is bad? I find it to be a major improvement over XP in stability and workability. Much integration and no crashes. What more can you want? Oh yes and as for hard drive space..15gb is nothing when today's hard drives are at 1TB.
    2007-09-25 08:49 PM
    Obviously misinformed.
    I have Vista Home Premium running on a 3.5 year old laptop with an integrated video card. Runs great. I also have it on my main PC in 64 bit, runs great. And what exactly do you mean by new fangle?
    No fan of MS here, but what exactly is it about vista that is bad? I find it to be a major improvement over XP in stability and workability. Much integration and no crashes. What more can you want? Oh yes and as for hard drive space..15gb is nothing when today's hard drives are at 1TB.
    Are you running the Basic Vista or the higher end ones?
    Each one has different features but I think I can assume that you have basic on the laptop and maybe a higher one on your PC. My XP is stable enough and I haven't experienced any problems with it.

The Aero interface? their widgets? Thats all new. Its all great IF you had 1 TB. My PCS are all outdated and I barely have the hard drive room to install vista and Im a student so I dont have the funds needed to upgrade my PC to make sure it works well enough.

That might be a reason why I hate it but I feel that there is no point in upgrading my current setup because in 2-3 years, I have to update again. There is new Windows OS on the horizon but ye I did say if I got a new PC, I wouldn't mind using Vista.
    2007-09-25 09:03 PM
    Take a look at the post. As I stated, I am using Home Premium on the old laptop with no problems. Aero, widgets and all. (though both of them are useless features)
    And there is no new windows planned for release until another 5 years. Beta will start in around 3 years and run for 2 as in previous OS betas.
    I have a 60gb, slow 5400rpm hard drive on the laptop and have lots of room to spare.
    Too bad this turned out to be a debate on the quality of OS's, rather than XP and Vista use with the iPhone. We got way off topic here. Sorry guys and girls.
    2007-09-25 10:40 PM
    lol!!
    2007-09-26 01:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD