as im still a bit to young to get a real job, im wondering if there is something i can use gimp/photoshop for to get money. i read somewhere that i could make myspace layouts. im better at making abstract stuff. any suggestions?
    2009-10-17 05:12 AM
    well you can but you need to find somewhere that people can pay you or buy your own domain and charge for things, but it be very hard to find something like that because people rather get free layouts then buy it you need someone that will pay you to make layouts but you have to be 16 or older or if he willing to pay you under the table
    2009-10-17 05:28 AM
    nowadays it's all about who you know and referrals...you might want to do something for free for someone just for other people to see your potential.
    2009-10-17 05:37 AM
    Look at it this way do a bunch of stuff for free hone your skills and build up a portfolio then go to a decent art school take all photo shop, design, css, HTML classes whatever then dropout so you don't have to pay more than you need to and land a job based in your work not some degree. I kid you not I have a buddy who did the exact same thing, knowledge, skills and a kick a$& portfolio will get you a great job
    2009-10-17 08:12 AM
    nowadays it's all about who you know and referrals...you might want to do something for free for someone just for other people to see your potential.
    best advice ever. spend your younger years doing everything for free, by the time you turn 18 everyone will know your name and you can start getting paid.
    2009-10-17 08:22 AM
    Myspace layouts? You're not going to make any money with that :P Too much drama in that community anyways.. (well used to.. idk about recently)
    I started out making things for free then I started making websites for people for a little cash... not much but still something. I haven't done anything recently though.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-10-17 08:26 AM
    It might be best to start with iPhone themes. Start with a simple one, then make your way to harder themes.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!
    2009-10-17 06:11 PM
    well im working one now. ive been trying for a while. the problem is im not very good at the icons.
    2009-10-17 10:46 PM
    Well, don't expect to be the best at it.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!
    2009-10-17 10:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD