Ok so... i have ATT, but my company pays for it. They will not spring to pay for an iphone account so this is what i did:

i bought hte iphone, used iNdependence to activate it, and then i just put my cing sim card in. So far it works, however the service seems to go in and out. sometimes it will say "no service" but will correct it's self in a few minutes and go to full bars. youtube works and everything else works fine...

Is this a known issue, or is this just cingular network being crappy right now? I guess i'll double check tomorrow but if anyone knows any known issues with using a non-iphone att acount on an iphone (not unlocked, but was activated using iNdependce) let me know.

Thanks in advance
    2007-09-26 05:32 AM
    Mine does the same with T-Mo, but its generally for like 2 seconds.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
    2007-09-26 05:35 AM
    hmm, well it's doing it a lot. Is this caused by the activation through independence or is this just a general iphone issue?
    2007-09-26 06:16 AM
    Not sure.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
    2007-09-26 06:18 AM
    Ok so upon further investigation:

This issue is not caused by my service, it is in fact caused by the iphone.

it will lose service for up to 10 minutes at a time, and regain service for a few minutes then lose service again. (i've missed a few calls because of this).

I tried re-activating the phone via independence. I cannot do a full-unlock becasue i dont have a wireless router so i'm not sure what else there is i can do.

Any advice?
    2007-09-26 08:49 AM
    It seems to happen when unlocked as the phone will attempt to roam to other networks once signal drops slightly.

If you select you home network instead of "automatic" it seems to get rid of the dropouts, it did for me anyway
    2007-09-26 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD