Do people earn from ModMyi Directly ?

One of my friend told me that he earned 500$ by selling around 36 custom theme to ModMyi.Is he lying or its truth ?
    2011-08-11 04:50 PM
    Your friend may have misspoken, or you may have misunderstood;
    but reality is not very far off from that.

ModMyI doesn't buy themes, or sell them.

ModMyI however, will host themes that you create on its Cydia server.

If you put up a theme and register it with the Cydia Store, and people are willing to pay money for it,
    you will get money back. Not from MMi, but from Cydia Store.

MMi can help you get rich, but they won't actually do the work for you, or make you rich themselves.
    Also, your theme has to be GOOD, and it has to be all original content. You can't borrow images or sounds that other people made.

http://modmyi.com/mmi/

(it doesn't have to be "good" to be hosted, as far as I know. hosting doesn't cost anything, also "as far as I know".
    but if its not for free, and it isn't good, nobody will want it and you will get no money for it).
    Last edited by raduga; 2011-08-11 at 06:17 PM.
    2011-08-11 06:13 PM
    He's either lying or not explaining things right, or you're not interpreting it right.

MMi manages a repository of paid themes, yes, but the payments come from Saurik's company - Cydia. Your friend may have made money selling his themes, but he doesn't "sell them to" MMi - he sells them to customers that buy the themes via Cydia.

Also, your friend must make some crappy themes if he's only made $500 off of 36 themes. If every theme were to sell for a dollar he's only sold around 15 each. And that's divided evenly, which is unlikely.
    2011-08-11 06:20 PM
    Yea, its just pointless to do that anymore because theres so much piracy.
    2011-08-13 02:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD