Be careful talking about serialz and such on public forums. The Mods wonts like it.

Aside from that welcome to Mac world! I honestly used to purchase 1 or 2 PC's a year for one reason or another. I bought a Mac Book Pro in November of 2006 and havent bought another computer since! I really love my Mac. I'm not a fan boy and I still have my desktop PC but the Mac is just such a friendlier environment to work in. I really enjoy using it.

I have VMware Fusion and Parallels with Vista and XP installed on my Mac believe it or not. We still need Windows. And like someone said, they run better on the Mac then they do my Dell. Go figure.
    Thanks for the heads up... Since you have both programs, which one would you recommend? I recently just got Fusion somewhere over the rainbow lol... but haven't tried it yet. I still have 2 pc's running windows desktop and laptop (Xp and Vista).
    2008-04-10 12:52 AM
    I have Vista Ultimate and ive NEVER had any problems with it... And never get any viruses.. And my performance is fine... And big deal if Macs have the best jailbreaking tools... I use Ziphone and it works like a charm..

In order to get a Virus you gotta be a 100% complete retard

Nobody makes viruses for Macs because not many people have it, Therefore its pointless making one.. My 2 cents.
    EDM
    2008-04-10 02:57 AM
    .................................................. ............................... .......,-~~'''''''~~--,,_
    .................................................. ..................................,-~''-,:::::::::::::::::::''-,
    .................................................. .............................,~''::::::::',::::::: ::::::::::::',
    .................................................. .............................|::::::,-~'''___''''~~--~''':}
    .................................................. .............................'|::::: : : : : : : : : : : : : :
    .................................................. .............................|::::: : :-~~---: : : -----: |
    .................................................. ............................(_''~-': : : :0: : : :0: : :
    .................................................. .............................'''~-,|: : : : : : ~---': : : :,'--mac Suck
    .................................................. .................................|,: : : : : :-~~--: : ::/ ----- They Is Fails
    .................................................. ............................,-''\':: :'~,,_: : : : : _,-'
    .................................................. ......................__,-';;;;;:''-,: : : :'~---~''/|
    .................................................. .............__,-~'';;;;;;/;;;;;;;: :: : :____/: :',__
    .................................................. .,-~~~''''_;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;',. .''-,::::::. . |;;;;''-,__
    ................................................../;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,;;;;;;;;;. . .''|:::::::. .,';;;;;;;;;;''-,
    ................................................,' ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;. . .:::::,'. ./|;;;;;;;;;;;;;|
    .............................................,-'';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;',: : __|. . .|;;;;;;;;;,';;|
    ...........................................,-";;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;',;;;;;;;;;;; . . |::. . .'',;;;;;;;;|;;/
    ........................................../;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;|;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;. .|::. . . |;;;;;;;;|/
    ......................................../;;,-';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,;;;;;;; ;;;|. .:/. . . .|;;;;;;;;|
    ......................................./;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;'',: |;|. . . . ;;;;;;;|
    ....................................,~'';;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;,-'';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;|.|;|. . . . .|;;;;;;;|
    ................................,~'';;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;,-';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;',;;;;;;| |. . . . |;;;;;;;|
    ...............................,';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;/;;;,-';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,;;;;;| |. . . .'|;;',;;;;;|
    ..............................|;,-';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-';;;,-';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,;;;;| |. . .,';;;;;',;;;;|_
    ............................../;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-'_;;;;;;,';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;|;;; ;|.|. . .|;;;;;;;|;;;;|''''~-,
    ............................/;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;/_'',;;;,';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ,;;| |. . ./;;;;;;;;|;;;|;;;;;;|
    macs are awesome!
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473
    2008-04-10 03:04 AM
    Thanks for the heads up... Since you have both programs, which one would you recommend? I recently just got Fusion somewhere over the rainbow lol... but haven't tried it yet. I still have 2 pc's running windows desktop and laptop (Xp and Vista).
    I had both running XP. I reccomend VMware. MUCH much better/ faster.

And yes windows installed on bootcamp run much faster on a mac. I mean compared to my old Vaio, Windows XP got a new pair of running shoes and steroids! I only use XP for programming and online games once and a while.
    I also recommend Azureus. If you want a couple of good torrentsites PM me. I have All CS3 programs, Limewire pro, Office 2008, iWork 2008, and a couple dvd movies
    T_T god im such a bad person for doing that though!

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro
    2008-04-10 03:09 AM
    I like both Parallels and VMware but I think I am going to stick with VMware since they have more experience in the virtual world.
    2008-04-10 03:55 AM
    May i ask where you got your Xp... Pm me if you rather say there or give me a hint
    2008-04-10 03:59 AM
    I actually have a legit copy of XP and Vista. I got tired of having to find ways around the activation. Got it off of New Egg. Cant beat their prices.
    2008-04-10 04:04 AM
    What's a good software for copying dvd's? I've read and heard about PopCorn and Toast... Will these do the job i want?

DRM ones... shhh
    Last edited by Yetti12; 2008-04-11 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-04-11 12:56 AM
    Any other mac users out there? Thanks to the ones that responded.
    I have used ziphone on three phones and 2 touches without any problem I have a mac mini and a macbook plus 3 pcs at home.No shortage of computers here ..lol.

What's a good software for copying dvd's? I've read and heard about PopCorn and Toast... Will these do the job i want?

DRM ones... shhh
    I have both those programs on my mini .. I also have parallels which runs windows inside of Mac OSX Leopard. I have both Vista and XP one on desktop the other on macbook.Also running MS office for Mac.
    Last edited by skblut; 2008-04-11 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-04-11 02:34 AM
    I have both those programs on my mini .. I also have parallels which runs windows inside of Mac OSX Leopard. I have both Vista and XP one on desktop the other on macbook.Also running MS office for Mac.
    BUt will it do what i want it to do? ie: remove DRM? and which one is better/easier?

Also i just DL Fusion and was wondering... aren't i opening up my mac OS to windows virus? That's what's making me unsure if i should go along with multi OS's
    Last edited by Yetti12; 2008-04-11 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-04-11 03:04 AM
    Get Handbrake. It's free, and you can rip your dvd's.
    2008-04-11 03:38 AM
    and to put them on dvd? If i chose too? Cuz ripping will only allow me to watch it on my HD right?

Not used to this mac stuff for burning lol.. i use DVD X copy on my windows thats why...
    2008-04-11 03:56 AM
    You can use the built in burn feature in OS X, I use Toast...
    2008-04-11 04:35 AM
    Well i DL handbrake.... im not sure what built in one your talking about but i got Toast Titanium.. if that means anything lol
    2008-04-12 06:53 AM
    Just ordered my first Mac, a Mac mini with Intel Core Duo 2 2Ghz, 2Gig Ram, 120HD, wireless keyboard and wireless mighty mouse.

Cant wait till it arrives.

My reason for joining the family?

Im sick of Windows... and I want to use Pwnage 1.1 :-P
    If I could help you with my answer give me a
    2008-04-19 10:26 PM
    Oh Mac mini? I dun like that one! lol Reason, not so powerful and Apple has better products. I would have got an iMac or a Mac laptop!

2008-04-20 06:17 PM
    New Mac owners,

First go here: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showpos...01&postcount=4

Then here: http://hmatt.com/mac/macbookfreeware.html

You should be set up from there.
    2008-04-20 06:34 PM
    Oh Mac mini? I dun like that one! lol Reason, not so powerful and Apple has better products. I would have got an iMac or a Mac laptop!
    The mini fits my requirements. As I live in Europe I have to pay the same price tag as in the US but in EUROS :-( The Mini+Keybord+Mouse costs me about 1000 Euros=1582,20 US$
    If I could help you with my answer give me a
    2008-04-21 03:54 PM
    Thats enough for a souped up macbook lol

2008-04-22 01:27 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD