• iPhone 6 Concepts Surface - Speculating The Future

It's about that time again for concept photos and rumors of the next iDevice. A recent slew of concept ideas have been floating around the internet the last few hours, and although they seem like quite a stretch, we are all aware how badly apple wants to crush the android market, so it's all fair game.

Patents are often an interesting viewpoint into what Apple may have planned for its next-generation consumer electronics devices. While the patents may suggest features or concepts that might not be geared for a few releases down the road, the most recent patents may give us some insight into the features of the iPhone 5S or the iPhone 6.

It was only 5 months ago that the iPhone 5 was released to the public, and it's no surprise users are already craving that next release.

Peter Zigich, a 3D Graphic Designer, has published a few concept pictures featuring what he believes could be the iPhone 6, the iPhone Mini and some kind of Apple phablet. Yes Phablet. That's seems to be the lingo going around as well as "iPhablet". His design for the iPhone 6 shows the home button on the right side of the handset leaving room for a larger display and an extra icons row. The physical dimensions of the smartphone remain the same due to the smaller bezel.

One of Apple’s patents is entitled “Electronic device with automatic mode switching”, which could allow Apple to far surpass Samsung, as the patent suggests that the iPhone 5S or iPhone 6 would be able to change its mode automatically with embedded sensors, based on the external noises, lighting conditions, climate and time of the day it detects. It's a nobrainer that the update would include a higher-end camera, this one based on a technology called “Super HD”; ideally at 13 megapixels or higher.

What this about an iPhone Mini? Zigich designed it as a smaller model of the iPhone 6 that would be meant to compete against mid-range phones of other manufacturers. There have actually been some rumors saying that Apple will release a smaller smartphone and that it would sport a 4-inch screen and be made of plastic. The iPhone Mini designed by Zigich is a bit more stylish being made from the same premium materials as the flagship.

As we look over other various Apple patents, it appears they may also offer users with a more advanced security system through use of a fingerprint sensor; this concept made even more credible by Apple’s recent purchase of AuthenTec, a company that specializes in fingerprint scanning. Other possibilities include wireless charging, a laser projected virtual keyboard and an overall smarter device than previous iPhones.

However, it’s hard to believe that Apple will manufacture a "phablet", at least not soon. The company itself claimed that there is no need for a display larger than 3.5 inches. Funny enough, after the statement the company launched the iPhone 5 which has a 4-inch screen.

What do you think of these concept designs. Where do YOU see the future of the iPhone to be headed?

Peter's Blog: Blog

Size comparison
    iPhone 5, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Mini & iPhone 6 XL

iPhone 6 Mini, iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 XL

Attached Files Attached Files
    This article was originally published in forum thread: iPhone 6 Concepts Surface - Speculating The Future started by Nick Hesson View original post
    Comments 35 Comments
      Carvensno -
      Here we go again!!!! You guys are getting all worked up because someone photoshop there idea of what the next gen iPhone should look like. Big whoop!!! How about if I take a pic of a piece of dog crap and posted it on here and said I think this is what the next iPhone is going to look like. I swear this website is ran by drama queens! They post this crap just to get you guys all worked up over nothing.
      sammy1977 -
      Looks a hell of a lot better than the current iPhones...
      bmwraw8482 -
      Maybe the only for sure thing said was about a better camera. I hope they'd just improve the quality not the mp. Unless we start getting allotted more data/month it just becomes another bother with the pics take up more memory. But then again, the masses are still drawn to the higher numbers...
      aorowe -
      Honestly, I will never understand the current obsession with tablet phones. No matter what you're able to do on your phone, it should always be a phone first and a multimedia device second. That however, is just my opinion.
      Jokadaking -
      Quote Originally Posted by indyracer05 View Post
      I'd say just get rid of the home button all together.... It would be a hella lot better to use gestures instead and it would certainly give some new innnovative life back to Apple who at this point really needs. and of course there's more room for screen real estate
      That would b impossible because of the fact that the home and power buttons are used together to do hard reboot. I also use those with the volume button to enter into safe mode if I have a problem with a tweak or jailbreak app.
      PokemonDesigner -
      No matter how cool itwould be to have the home buttons on the sides, I highly doubt it'll ever happen. And the phablet is most likely a no go this year but I see it as the 6/7. And an iPhone mini we could see soon. I'm sticking with my 4s until I have a reason to upgrade from the perfect 3.5" screen. I don't need taller, I need actual screen size increase.
      bigred503 -
      This makes me want te galaxy s4 even more lol
      Carvensno -
      Quote Originally Posted by bigred503 View Post
      This makes me want te galaxy s4 even more lol
      So someone does up Photoshop pic of what they think the next iPhone should look like and that's making you decide on buying a different phone? LMAO!!!
      teej1410 -
      All these concepts are sooooo close yet sooooo far to being great.
      tunechi -
      What wallpaper is that?
      jOnGarrett -
      Quote Originally Posted by indyracer05 View Post
      I'd say just get rid of the home button all together.... It would be a hella lot better to use gestures instead and it would certainly give some new innnovative life back to Apple who at this point really needs. and of course there's more room for screen real estate
      removing the home button would not be innovative--several Android phones have already done away with home buttons. as for control via gestures., you might want to get your hands on (rather hands off) a Galaxy S3. not only does it have several hand gestures currently unavailable on any other device it also offers voice control (control, not commands)

apple needs to up its game big time.
      andygev35 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Raybeast View Post
      Everyone you do realize they are concepts...
      My point exactly...
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
      removing the home button would not be innovative--several Android phones have already done away with home buttons. as for control via gestures., you might want to get your hands on (rather hands off) a Galaxy S3. not only does it have several hand gestures currently unavailable on any other device it also offers voice control (control, not commands)

apple needs to up its game big time.
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      I'll see your and raise you a
      CZroe -
      Quote Originally Posted by MoDaLoT View Post
      Be cool if they have the home button on the side.
      No it wouldn't. It would make operation more difficult in one hand than the other. A camera or auxiliary "smart" button, perhaps, but not the Home button.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook