• TapTapPass - Gesture-based Passcode Toggle for iOS 6



    TapTapPass is a unique gesture based toggle for enabling and disabling your passcode lock, developed by bd452.

    Once you've set up your gesture for the toggle, you can begin your action and your device will lock thus enabling the Passcode Lock.

    From this point on the passcode will stay enabled until. Once you unlock the device with your passcode, the passcode feature will automatically be turned off, at which point you can either leave it off or you can use the gesture you created to enable the passcode once again. If you do not wish to activate the passcode, you can use the standard sleep button to do a standard, no-password lock.

    This can come in handy when you really only want to lock your phone when your out in public. This should save you some time in the long-run if you only need your device passcode enabled for certain time frames.

    You can find TapTapPass on Cydia for free.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    This article was originally published in forum thread: TapTapPass - Gesture-based Passcode Toggle for iOS 6 started by Nick Hesson View original post
    Comments 27 Comments
    1. mlee19841's Avatar
      mlee19841 -
      Looks cool. Thanks.
    1. bd452's Avatar
      bd452 -
      My pleasure. I never expected this to blow up so fast

      Update: Fixed version submitted!
    1. PokemonDesigner's Avatar
      PokemonDesigner -
      It's a great idea but it doesn't seem to work for me. Either that or I still don't understand how to properly use it.
    1. reyg25atx's Avatar
      reyg25atx -
      Quote Originally Posted by bd452 View Post
      My pleasure. I never expected this to blow up so fast
      This is not working for me. I have a pass code enabled on my iPhone 5. I assigned the "anywhere" activator function of "push both vol buttons" to TapTapPass. I tap both vol button which I understand should re-enable the standard iOS lock feature . It is not working I can just slide my finger to unlock and it does not ask for my pass code. Pressing the standard sleep/wake button locks the screen but I can just slide to unlock and my passcode is not required. So basically TapTapPass seems to have disabled my pass code altogether. Yes I did reboot and disable the pass code I the iPhone settings and create a new pass code but still not working... Ideas?
    1. WithinTemptationFan's Avatar
      WithinTemptationFan -
      Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
      It's a great idea but it doesn't seem to work for me. Either that or I still don't understand how to properly use it.
      It just toggles the passcode lock on/off with a gesture. So if you activate the passcode lock you'll have to enter in your passcode whenever you lock your device. Whenever you want to reuse a passcode lock,you just use the gesture again.
    1. reyg25atx's Avatar
      reyg25atx -
      Quote Originally Posted by bd452 View Post
      My pleasure. I never expected this to blow up so fast
      It may not be your app that is the issue it could be that I have some conflicting lock screen tweaks that are causing problems I have Lockinfo, unfold, subtle lock, and torch lock screen tweaks running. Maybe that is the issue. I will send you a class dump via email as you requested
    1. severe's Avatar
      severe -
      I'd been waiting for someone else to post. It's not working for me either.

      Downloaded TapTapPass, chose activator method, and launched gesture; it's just putting the phone to sleep. Pressing the home button just wakes the phone, no passcode necessary.
    1. davesnothere11's Avatar
      davesnothere11 -
      Quote Originally Posted by reyg25atx View Post
      It may not be your app that is the issue it could be that I have some conflicting lock screen tweaks that are causing problems I have Lockinfo, unfold, subtle lock, and torch lock screen tweaks running. Maybe that is the issue. I will send you a class dump via email as you requested
      I'm having same issues and I have subtle lock also.
    1. bd452's Avatar
      bd452 -
      If anyone is having issues where the tweak will not work at all, it seems to be exclusive to a few firmware versions and devices, so I'll push a fix soon

      Edit:Fix pushed!
    1. anotherps's Avatar
      anotherps -
      Quote Originally Posted by bd452 View Post
      If anyone is having issues where the tweak will not work at all, it seems to be exclusive to a few firmware versions and devices, so I'll push a fix soon
      it is not working for me..i don't have anything else on my lock screen. i installed this and set an activator action for it and it just disables the passcode..if u can fix this issue,,heck, i'll even pay to have this tweak..but i m glad it is free
    1. hinds90's Avatar
      hinds90 -
      I can't wait for this tweak to work. I wanted a tweak like this for a while now. No need to have a passcode when sitting at home and we all know its a pain to turn it on and off through settings.

      Only things i have on my lock screen are forecast and music control swipes.
    1. bcwyatt's Avatar
      bcwyatt -
      How can i change my passcode after i don't like what i enter and want to change to more protect passcode.
    1. Lkkwus's Avatar
      Lkkwus -
      Doesn't work for me either . Just puts my device to sleep and has disabled passcode altogether
    1. Perfect Chaos's Avatar
      Perfect Chaos -
      Those that this doesn't work for: have you tried setting the timer to the "Require Passcode" field (in the "Passcode Lock" section of the "General" section) to "Immediately"? I initially had my iPhone 5 set to password protect after 1 minute of being locked, and it didn't password lock it when using the activator method to lock it (I assume that it would lock after 1 minute in this case), but after changing the delay interval to "Immediately", TapTapPass works exactly as it was intended.
      Anyway, one thing I would like is to have the sleep button trigger what this does (i.e. passwording locking it, like usual), while an activator-controlled locking method would cause no password protection. In other words, reversing the controls. This way, you won't forget and accidentally lock it the regular way while in public, only to be super unlucky and have it stolen at that time. But that's probably much harder to do, especially with how this is implemented.
    1. severe's Avatar
      severe -
      Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Chaos View Post
      Those that this doesn't work for: have you tried setting the timer to the "Require Passcode" field (in the "Passcode Lock" section of the "General" section) to "Immediately"? I initially had my iPhone 5 set to password protect after 1 minute of being locked, and it didn't password lock it when using the activator method to lock it (I assume that it would lock after 1 minute in this case), but after changing the delay interval to "Immediately", TapTapPass works exactly as it was intended.
      Isn't having Passcode Lock set to immediately effectively just make this app another way of putting your iPhone to sleep via activator? How does it have it function exactly as it was intended?


      Still not working for me, after update.
    1. Perfect Chaos's Avatar
      Perfect Chaos -
      TapTapPass is meant to give users the ability to control whether a passcode is needed or not to unlock the device when you lock it.
      When you set it to "Immediately", locking the device the regular way would cause no need for a password, whereas locking it using an activator method assigned to TapTapPass would require a password (even if you were to immediately try to unlock it), thus the point of the tweak. If the delay timer is still set to something else, then even with TapTapPass, you'll still need to wait pass the delay amount after locking the device for it to password protect the device, which beats the purpose of this.

      But I don't know if you, or anyone else having problems with this, are still having problems even after trying this. I'm just mentioning this for those that have their problems stemming from not having the delay set to "Immediately".
    1. Lkkwus's Avatar
      Lkkwus -
      Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Chaos View Post
      TapTapPass is meant to give users the ability to control whether a passcode is needed or not to unlock the device when you lock it.
      When you set it to "Immediately", locking the device the regular way would cause no need for a password, whereas locking it using an activator method assigned to TapTapPass would require a password (even if you were to immediately try to unlock it), thus the point of the tweak. If the delay timer is still set to something else, then even with TapTapPass, you'll still need to wait pass the delay amount after locking the device for it to password protect the device, which beats the purpose of this.

      But I don't know if you, or anyone else having problems with this, are still having problems even after trying this. I'm just mentioning this for those that have their problems stemming from not having the delay set to "Immediately".
      I've set mine to immediate but it just puts my device to sleep and doesn't lock the device after multiple attempts
    1. davesnothere11's Avatar
      davesnothere11 -
      Yay! Works for me now after the new update.

      Thanks for a cool tweak!
    1. Lkkwus's Avatar
      Lkkwus -
      Quote Originally Posted by davesnothere11 View Post
      Yay! Works for me now after the new update.

      Thanks for a cool tweak!
      Same here ! Working great for me now too after the update👍😁
    1. severe's Avatar
      severe -
      My Passcode Lock is set for 15 minutes, as usual. Activator set for TapTapPass with Double Tap of Status Bar. Still not working with latest update.

      Tapping the Status Bar still just puts the phone to sleep without asking for the passcode on wake.
  • Connect With Us

  • Twitter Box

  • Facebook