• Foxconn Reportedly Told to Slow iPhone 5c Production

It's no secret that Apple's iPhone 5c isn't the strong seller that its big brother (iPhone 5s) has proven to be. While the reasons for this reality are many, the fact remains that Apple has to adjust to the production demands of the moment. And, at the moment, production resources are best directed toward the iPhone 5s.

Consequently, mew reports out of the far east suggest that Foxconn has been directed to pull one of its major plants off of iPhone 5c production. With the holidays fast approaching and demand for the iPhone 5s accelerating, Apple seems to be directing the bulk of its production muscle toward the product that Apple fans most want.

Foxconn hasn't confirmed the speculation (and it goes without saying that Apple hasn't either) but Digitimes is standing by its report issued Monday morning.

"Foxconn and Pegatron Technology have obtained OEM orders for 30% and 70%, respectively, of iPhone 5c production," the sources tells the publication. "One month ago, Apple lowered iPhone 5c orders to Pegatron by 20% and those to Foxconn by nearly one-third for the fourth quarter due to unsatisfactory sales, the sources indicated."

Source: Digitimes
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Foxconn Reportedly Told to Slow iPhone 5c Production started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 9 Comments
      bigboyz -
      Im interested in how this will affect the next two iPhones. Or should i say the lesser of the next two :]
      Jato_BZ -
      Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
      Im interested in how this will affect the next two iPhones. Or should i say the lesser of the next two :]
      I think they should solely focus on the iPhone 6 & not a "C" variant. More R&D into the 6 might produce a better phone than splitting the R&D on two variants! It's what we want!
      slim.jim -
      Quote Originally Posted by Michael Essany View Post
      Consequently, mew reports out of the far east suggest that Foxconn has been directed to pull one of its major plants off of iPhone 5c production.
      It's the "meow" game, not the "mew" game.
      Paulsquaredson -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
      I think they should solely focus on the iPhone 6 & not a "C" variant. More R&D into the 6 might produce a better phone than splitting the R&D on two variants! It's what we want!
      +1
      laju8 -
      They need to keep all the specs and make it 200 dollars cheaper then maybe it will sell better....just saying.
      slim.jim -
      Quote Originally Posted by laju8 View Post
      They need to keep all the specs and make it 200 dollars cheaper then maybe it will sell better....just saying.
      With the specs it has the price is competitive.
      GnatGoSplat -
      Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
      With the specs it has the price is competitive.
      Are you kidding? For $200 less, you can get a Nexus 5 which has a 1080p screen and 2.3GHz quad core Krait processor.
      WHUDS -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
      Apple is about Money, No Iphone 6 until they can expect Mass buying of I6.
      Jato_BZ -
      Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post
      Apple is about Money, No Iphone 6 until they can expect Mass buying of I6.
      What are you talking about? It's a given every year a new iPhone well maybe 2 now launches in Sept. I was saying scrap the "C" series & focus solely on the "one" iPhone instead of spreading R&D & development costs on two so the end user ends up with a better iPhone.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook