• Beaconic is the First Company to Make Retail iBeacon Kits Available in Europe

By now, you’ve probably seen and read all about Apple’s new iBeacon technology. It’s already being used in several retail stores and events here in North America including Apple Stores, Macy’s, CES 2014, and MLB stadiums; but adoption of the new Bluetooth low power technology seems to be much slower overseas. Beaconic aims to change that with a new iBeacon Retail Kit that will supposedly make it easier for businesses in Europe to deploy the technology.

The concept of iBeacons is quite simple: as you walk around retail stores or other locations, your iOS device will communicate with iBeacons in proximity and display notifications, promotions, payment options or other info setup by whoever deployed the nearby beacons. Beaconic’s new Retail Kit will make it easier for small businesses to get setup and track usage and its software seems to be available in several languages. The company mentions the following about its product:

To help retailers quickly adapt to this industry development, the Beaconic Retail Kit includes all the key components of this technology: two (or more) 4.0 bluetooth iBeacons with two-year battery life and 60-meter range, an easy online campaign manager, iOS compatibility and a planned Android app… To boost both engagement and conversion, their sophisticated platform can handle detailed campaigns like countdown-based offers or rewards for Facebook connections. Retailers will also gain insight on buyer behavior by tracking how many visitors redeem the offers and rewards. The out-of-the-box kits do not require technical knowledge, but do offer frameworks for companies who want to go even further with their software development kit.
    Not only does Beaconic want to be the first to market in Europe, it also plans to roll out its software in multiple languages including specific versions for countries such as France, Germany and Spain. As of right now, Beaconic’s Retail Kit comes with two beacons and is available for order in both Europe and the US starting at €249. An extra €100 will get you two more iBeacons and for €500+ you can get a customized setup with as many as you need.

Source: Beaconic via 9to5Mac
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Beaconic is the First Company to Make Retail iBeacon Kits Available in Europe started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 1 Comment
      DieselVexx -
      Wow! How impressive is technology?! Incredible. I could see this taking a bad turn as for as privacy is concerned but right now I'm all in. Especially, if this could save me money and time. I hate being abandoned by sales clerk whom pretend they can't see me in a mall cause I'm always in my work clothes.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook