• Popular Tetris Game Now Being Offered for Free in Apple's Apple Store App

On Friday, Apple began offering the highly-popular Tetris video game for iOS for free in their Apple Store application, usually 99.

To grab the game, the user of the Apple Store application just needs to scroll down from the main interface of the application, and they'll find a link labeled, "A throwback. On us." From here, the user will get the interface above that asks them if they want to download the game now for free.

Tetris is being offered in the Apple Store application until April 7th, after which, Apple will begin offering something different from one of its three digital content stores: the App Store, iTunes Store, or iBooks Store. Apple originally began offering content in its Apple Store application in August of last year.

If you're not already using the Apple Store application from Apple, you can download it for free from this App Store link.

Sources: Apple
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Popular Tetris Game Now Being Offered for Free in Apple's Apple Store App started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 15 Comments
      JazJon -
      It still shows 99 cents for me. Did it end midnight east coast time or something? I'm in California where Apple is and it's only 10:37pm
      Ngmead -
      Quote Originally Posted by JazJon View Post
      It still shows 99 cents for me. Did it end midnight east coast time or something? I'm in California where Apple is and it's only 10:37pm
      did you look in the apple store (the app you use to buy apple hardware and stuff from the store) not the app store?
      Eonhpi -
      Its Just to promote the apple store app lame
      WaLLy3K -
      It works fine - make sure you download the Apple Store app from the App Store, scroll down to the throwback link and follow the prompts to redeem the App Store code it provides you - then just delete the Apple Store app.
      bisayakid07 -
      It works. Thx
      jhf3rd -
      Can't find in apple store iPad app?
      CZroe -
      How is it "exclusive" when it's been free on Google Play?

In December I went through all the trouble of rooting and backing it up from my Xperia Play (included free in a generic ROM) and loading it on my Galaxy Note 3 when I noticed that it would crash on exit if I used the Back key. I then noticed that it was free on the Google Play store and it had been drastically updated. This new version also crashes when exiting with the back key (what better time to crash, right? ). What disappoints me is that it now offers things like increased chances of getting a line with in-app purchases. That gives them incentive to DECREASE your chances if you don't pay up. Screw that!
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
      How is it "exclusive" when it's been free on Google Play?
      You're probably well aware that Apple speaks in terms of its own ecosystem, and pretends that competition doesn't exist.

So when they say, "exclusively for Apple Store app users," what they mean is that iOS device users that don't have the Apple Store app won't be able to get it.
      akzes -
      Thanks for the huge tip! really appreciate it, been using the old tetris app for ages
      swifty7 -
      got it! thanks for heads up!
      madrich -
      What about for the iPad???
      Christophxr -
      Free Tetris...?

Yay? <
      Raptor2213 -
      Ick, it's made by EA. Pass.
      hogcia -
      Thanks!👍👍
      luvmytj -
      Can someone get specific? I have looked all over the apple store app and connote locate the tetris app or throwback link. Little help please...

Edit: Found it... you must use the iPhone, not your iPad.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook