• New iPhone Concept Shows How Apple May Improve Upon its “C” Lineup

Apple’s iPhone 5C was the Cupertino California company’s venture into making a more affordable iPhone that would help gain more market share in the mid-range smartphone segment. Based on the sales, it hasn’t worked out well as buyers seem to be purchasing the more advanced iPhone 5S instead. That being said a new concept shows how Apple could potentially take the iPhone “c” lineup further in the future.

The new concept shows the iPhone 6C with a 4.7-inch display, an 8MP camera, a Touch ID sensor and a lot more features so that it no longer sports last generation specs. The iPhone 6C is shown to be 7.1mm in thickness, weigh 116 grams and come in a variety of different colors including a full black model.

The touch ID sensor/home button being the same color as that of the iPhone’s body appears to be a sleek touch in the concept video. Much like earlier concepts, this one doesn’t have a bezel around the display either, speculation pointing towards the ability to maximize the display size without increasing the physical size of the device.

Those of you interested in watching the concept video can do so below:

What do you think of the potential iPhone 6C concept? Is this something you’d like to see come to fruition? Ultimately we’ll have to wait and see what Apple decides to do

Source: ConceptsiPhone (YouTube) via iPhoneHacks
    This article was originally published in forum thread: New iPhone Concept Shows How Apple May Improve Upon its “C” Lineup started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 22 Comments
      PokemonDesigner -
      If this is what they looked like I'd probably move right to it and not care about the price without contract. It looks so much nicer than the current piece of crap 5C and makes the larger screen size not as ugly as Samsung does with the Galaxy and Note. I can't wait to see the iPhone 6/6C and iOS 8. Hopefully they'll finally add quick reply (even though we all know they most likely won't).
      politicalslug -
      Typical awful, un-Apple, render. All of the iOS devices are symmetrical: iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, and even the AppleTV. Why then do people bother with rendering of Apple products that don't look like anything Apple would produce?
      Feanor64 -
      Lol it's gonna be cheaper so this is all unrealistic...
      kalpesh78 -
      This looks more like the 6S concept and not iPhone 6C.
      Dizzy714 -
      What exactly is the point of this? If nothings been leaked about the phone then how could any mockup be any sort of relevant? With that said, that dude made the C model look badass.
      Channan -
      I don't get the naming. So this year Apple will announce an iPhone 6 and 6c, then next year an iPhone 6s and 7c? Or maybe we'll get an iPhone 5cs/5sc.
      Co1d Night -
      The 5c was a waste of profit. It´s crap. Apple should´ve just stuck with the release of the 5s and be done with it. The 6 could´ve had colour. Besides, this looks like a Galaxy S4 look-a-like anyway.
      ProfessorJack -
      Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
      Typical awful, un-Apple, render. All of the iOS devices are symmetrical: iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, and even the AppleTV. Why then do people bother with rendering of Apple products that don't look like anything Apple would produce?
      All of the above are rubbish
      And the concept is spot on
      It's all in the eating wee have a bezel less iPad mini and air apple could have given us this last year not the rubbish wee are using now as in iPhone 5s 5c
      Dose the C stand for crap
      buttamix -
      Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy714 View Post
      What exactly is the point of this? If nothings been leaked about the phone then how could any mockup be any sort of relevant? With that said, that dude made the C model look badass.
      Right!!!!!! I want to see how they will make the iPhone 6 look!!!!
      peacedog -
      ** BRILLIANT IDEA ** /sarcasm

When the iPhone 6 comes out, let's make the 5S the "$99 phone" on contract instead of designing a new fruit-loopy colored phone.
      twigwonderkid -
      Apple’s iPhone 5C was the Cupertino California company’s venture into making a more affordable iPhone

No it wasn't. Apple looked at sales when the 5 came out and where Apple dropped the price of the 4 and 4S and they found a dramatic rise in sales of the iphone 4.

So this time, on launch of the 5s and worried about dropping price of the 5, they scrapped the metal 5 phone, made a plastic back, called it the 5c and sold it for the same price the all metal 5 would have been.
      CZroe -
      So the only thing making this a "C" model is the colors?! Fail. Making their cheap phone larger and thinner than their current generation will only make it more expensive than current. Also, it'd be too difficult to make the smaller controls with plastic and metal has been out of the question for a cheaper model.
      spectrum -
      Carvensno -
      Who cares??? This is a concept, some Joe Smoe idea of what "they" think or would like the new iPhone to look like.

Just remember? Whatever the new iPhone is or going to look like? Is probably already done or near final stage. So Apple can have parts made and order, line up parts/inventory for shipping to assembly factories.
      reznor9 -
      Although the above comment comes across as rude, the guy has a point. I don't think apple would break symmetry on a device(in regards to the top and bottom of the front face). The amount of space from the screen to edge where the home button sits would be the same up top where the speaker/camera is... To off balance it the way the concept rendering is done would be very out of character for apple. Although it does look cool and I understand the reasoning behind it. I'm just saying there is some logic behind the rude comment above.
      A fix would be to make the home button smaller and more oval shaped or a bit of a rounded edged rectangle. This could allows the screen to be moved down and give the device perfect symmetry.
      politicalslug -
      I didn't mean to come off as rude, yet ModMyI has any number of renderings they could have attached to this article and yet they chose one that they, after six years of iOS reporting, know could never be an Apple design.
      LittleGod -
      They have buttons and holes all over the sides and top at different spots, camera to the side on the back, so apple devices are not symmetrical. It would be good if they were though. I'd love volume and power buttons on both sides of my ipad so I could always reach to the same place no matter which way my device has been flipped.
      c0deName_ZERO -
      They'll release an iPhone 6 when the 6s comes around a 6c will replace the metal back iPhone 6
      Dayvidpriddy -
      I'm kinda getting tired of people trashing the 5C, I have it and it's the most well built, "plastic" phone I've ever put my hands on! I bought it because I liked the look of the color with the black front (in my case I got the white version) and also, I think the design of the 5S (the backing) is extremely ugly with it's two tone color scheme going on...just like the 5 was...it's very "not Apple like" and I'm not the only one who thinks this.

So you say the 5C is cheap and old technology? So are you also suggesting that everyone with a iPhone 5 dump their phones because it's a year old? Not everyone needs to be walking around with a phone that is a day old, you guys aren't as important as your big egos make you believe yourselves to be.
      ThatOneProfile -
      Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
      Not everyone needs to be walking around with a phone that is a day old
      The iPhone 5s/5c were released on the same day, making your comment invalid.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook