• Next-Gen iPhone Rumored to be a Cross between the iPhone 5C and 7th-Gen iPod nano

With Apple expected to launch a new, larger iPhone model this year, a recently released report from Japanese blog, Macotakara, claims the external design will take numerous cues from the companyís midrange iPhone 5C as well as its seventh-generation iPod nano. Citing a trusted source, the report mentioned that Apple has designed two larger iPhone models, sporting 4.7- and 5.7-inch displays, which are final candidates for launch later this year.

According to the source the new, larger iPhone wonít be a replacement for the existing iPhone 5C but will be akin to a higher-end model. The report gave no indication if the bigger iPhone 5C model will sport the same polycarbonate plastic back as the current model, instead suggesting that Apple would take design cues from its latest iPod nano. Much like the iPhone 5C, the seventh-generation iPod nano also comes in a range of colors but does so with an anodized aluminum body rather than plastic.

The new model is reportedly expected to have similar button shapes for volume and mute as the iPhone 5C as well as the same rounded back edges. In addition, it was said that the holes on the bottom of the handset for speaker and microphone will also follow the design established by the iPhone 5C.

The larger 5.7-inch model on the other hand is said to be 7 millimeters thick, which would be a half-millimeter thinner than the iPad Air. The thinness would reportedly require the rear iSight camera to protrude from the case slightly, much like with the fifth-generation iPod nano. The report did mention itís possible that the iPhone could become thicker before release to prevent this protrusion. It was said that the iPad Air was also first developed with a thickness of 7 millimeters but it was eventually expanded to 7.5 millimeters.

It should be noted that Macotakara has a respectable track record when it comes to predicting Apples future plans so this isnít just any rumor to discard. The siteís sources revealed the 2013 iPhone lineup would come in a new range of colors and it was also the first to claim that the iPhone 5S would feature a dual LED flash for more natural looking photos, so there is some merit to their predictions. Ultimately weíll just have to wait and see though.

Source: Macotakara
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Next-Gen iPhone Rumored to be a Cross between the iPhone 5C and 7th-Gen iPod nano started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 8 Comments
      mlee19841 -
      Looking forward to a bump up in the screen size. Longer lasting battery, louder speaker, different integration features for the touch ID.
      PCYoda -
      I hope Apple maintains a phone with the iPhone 5/5C/5S size indefinitely. I don't know why people want to carry around larger phones in their pocket. I have no problems with the size of the iPhone - I didn't even have a problem when it was half an inch smaller with the 4S.

While I'm sure there's a market for a device with a little larger screen, I hope Apple doesn't overdo it and force us all towards 5+ inches and recognizes there's some of us that don't want or need anything larger than what they have. As Steve said, anything larger than current size isn't really built to be used one handed.
      mlee19841 -
      Yea 5 inch plus are way to big for me. Just how they increased the size by making it a inch longer just make it a inch wider.
      bigboyz -
      Just buy and iPod Touch.
      rickuk -
      The 5C plastic phone isn't selling well so they have to something either up the spec and dump the plastic or sell it for a lot less

A bigger phone with a bump on the back doesn't sound good
      Christophxr -
      I'm with PCYoda here. I really don't want to be forced into having a larger screen. If they do it intelligently and take away some more bezel, that's fine, but I don't want to be carrying around a phablet.
      ogkikz -
      iuck ...that nokia looks awesome lol
      RussSully -
      4.7 inch would be perfect in my opinion. It's the perfect size got one handed use. Even a 5 inch would be fine. Any larger would be to much.

And I don't know why the 5C isn't doing well. My daughter has a blue one and I really like it. It's durable feels nice in the hand and runs perfectly. I'm surprised there not selling more. Maybe they should have added the touch id to the 5C
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook