• Steve Jobs' Widow Gets Political with Latest Investment



    Although late Apple co-founder and tech visionary Steve Jobs was a political person, he largely kept his politics - and everything else in his personal life - shrouded in secrecy. But his wife Laurene Powell Jobs isn't making any secret of where she is investing some of her mega-wealth in the political arena today.

    According to published reports coming to light Thursday, Mrs. Jobs is one of the first major celebrity donors to invest in a super PAC launched to help propel former U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton into the 2016 presidential race.

    "An official familiar with the fundraising numbers of Ready for Hillary told Business Insider that Jobs was among 10 donors who gave $25,000 the highest amount recorded to the super PAC during the first quarter of 2014," Business Insider confirms.

    Other heavy-hitting donors include Sharon Elghanayan Corzine, the wife of former New Jersey Gov. Jon Corzine; Tim Gill, the founder of Quark; Glen Fukushima, a former U.S. trade representative; Fabian Nunez, the former California Assembly speaker; and John and Marcia Goldman, an iconic philanthropist.

    According to figures totaled by those monitoring the early fundraising efforts ahead of the 2016 presidential election, Hillary Clinton has already raised close to $2 million this year, which isn't bad when one considers that she is yet to announce her candidacy or even affirm interest in the 2016 race.

    Source: Business Insider
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Steve Jobs' Widow Gets Political with Latest Investment started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 16 Comments
    1. tridley68's Avatar
      tridley68 -
      Very poor choice Laurene Powell Jobs .
    1. indyracer05's Avatar
      indyracer05 -
      Steve Jobs would not approve of this
    1. HCWHunter's Avatar
      HCWHunter -
      You would think that she'd have learned something from Hillary's abysmal record as Secretary of State.
    1. bigboyz's Avatar
      bigboyz -
      Yeah, the old one hand washes the other routine. I paid for you to get into office, now where are my perks haha. Shouldn't these billionaires try to help the hungry, poor, diseased? Too much money and not enough "good" efforts.
    1. Evaded's Avatar
      Evaded -
      Quote Originally Posted by tridley68 View Post
      Very poor choice Laurene Powell Jobs .
      +1

      Quote Originally Posted by indyracer05 View Post
      Steve Jobs would not approve of this
      +1
    1. Christophxr's Avatar
      Christophxr -
      This won't do much. Hillary gets $250k for this. Whoever the Koch-backed Republican is will get $2.5 million.

      It's a damn' shame that how many rich people are behind you is such a big factor into politics today. It's like we've taken a book from pre-revolutionary France and have a Second Estate and Third Estate. The Second and Third Estates should be ONE ESTATE.

      Quote Originally Posted by HCWHunter View Post
      You would think that she'd have learned something from Hillary's abysmal record as Secretary of State.
      I take it your source for this silly, little comment is Fox News?
    1. buggsy2's Avatar
      buggsy2 -
      Anybody but Hillary. Pretty sad the best this country can do is an angry and bitter old woman (Dems) or some angry and bitter old guy (Reps).
    1. HCWHunter's Avatar
      HCWHunter -
      Quote Originally Posted by Christophxr View Post
      This won't do much. Hillary gets $250k for this. Whoever the Koch-backed Republican is will get $2.5 million.

      It's a damn' shame that how many rich people are behind you is such a big factor into politics today. It's like we've taken a book from pre-revolutionary France and have a Second Estate and Third Estate. The Second and Third Estates should be ONE ESTATE.



      I take it your source for this silly, little comment is Fox News?
      My sources for Hillary's abysmal record are all over the place and common knowledge. The prime example is the fact that 4 Americans died in a terrorist attack on our consulate in Benghazi and Hillary stood side by side with BO and blamed it on a stupid video for weeks, and apologized for the video! I was in the Mediterranean when that happened and the BBC labeled it a terrorist attack, ON 9/11, IMMEDIATELY!! Our ambassador specifically requested more security and was denied by Hillary's office! Need more examples? There are many.

      And I suppose your stupid little minded comment about Koch-backed Republicans is based on stuff you hear on MSNBC? Or read in the NY Times? The Kochs don't have nearly the influence on our politics that Soros, et al. do.

      HW
    1. hitman10's Avatar
      hitman10 -
      LOL to you all. This is a apple modding forums not a political/god forums
    1. sane's Avatar
      sane -
      Quote Originally Posted by Christophxr View Post
      I take it your source for this silly, little comment is Fox News?
      +1 to astute observation skill.
    1. gdd2010's Avatar
      gdd2010 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Christophxr View Post
      This won't do much. Hillary gets $250k for this. Whoever the Koch-backed Republican is will get $2.5 million.

      It's a damn' shame that how many rich people are behind you is such a big factor into politics today. It's like we've taken a book from pre-revolutionary France and have a Second Estate and Third Estate. The Second and Third Estates should be ONE ESTATE.



      I take it your source for this silly, little comment is Fox News?
      I'm just gonna leave this right here. Let it sink in for a bit. Also, look who's number 59 on the list.

      https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/list.php
    1. AKCHRIS's Avatar
      AKCHRIS -
      Hilary is n idiot. Her rant about "What Does it Matter" Will Haunt her Forever. N Yes I watch Fox News...BUT..it's her Money so she can Do what she Wants.
    1. HCWHunter's Avatar
      HCWHunter -
      Quote Originally Posted by gdd2010 View Post
      I'm just gonna leave this right here. Let it sink in for a bit. Also, look who's number 59 on the list.

      https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/list.php
      Yeah, take a look at the top 16 entities. The vast majority are unions and lean "strongly" democratic. That amounts to money laundering of funds taken forcibly from workers to support liberals. Look at the #1 entity, more than 5 times the Koch level and 100% DEMO!! Even the Kochs give 8% to the other side!
    1. Lohand's Avatar
      Lohand -
      Quote Originally Posted by gdd2010 View Post
      I'm just gonna leave this right here. Let it sink in for a bit. Also, look who's number 59 on the list.

      https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/list.php

      Nice, but that's "light money?" Where is the link to all the billions in "dark money"?
    1. Tedomcmillan's Avatar
      Tedomcmillan -
      Let's face it. Both parties are terrible. Let's be a smarter generation than our parents and not buy into the crap they spew. Conservatives spend as much or more than liberals and liberals love war as much as conservatives. Look at the facts and quit drinking the kool-aid. Should we go with Jeb Bush or Hillary Clinton. Lol. It's a joke on us.
    1. bonum83's Avatar
      bonum83 -
      Quote Originally Posted by HCWHunter View Post
      My sources for Hillary's abysmal record are all over the place and common knowledge. The prime example is the fact that 4 Americans died in a terrorist attack on our consulate in Benghazi and Hillary stood side by side with BO and blamed it on a stupid video for weeks, and apologized for the video! I was in the Mediterranean when that happened and the BBC labeled it a terrorist attack, ON 9/11, IMMEDIATELY!! Our ambassador specifically requested more security and was denied by Hillary's office! Need more examples? There are many.

      And I suppose your stupid little minded comment about Koch-backed Republicans is based on stuff you hear on MSNBC? Or read in the NY Times? The Kochs don't have nearly the influence on our politics that Soros, et al. do.

      HW
      It's still your opinion.. And that's a fact. Regardless if your a dem or a republic.. There is nothing you can say negatively about what a person does with his or hers money, and that includes what political party they side with.

      Quote Originally Posted by AKCHRIS View Post
      Hilary is n idiot. Her rant about "What Does it Matter" Will Haunt her Forever. N Yes I watch Fox News...BUT..it's her Money so she can Do what she Wants.
      She's an idiot? No your an idiot... How about you gtfu and help run this country...

      Quote Originally Posted by Tedomcmillan View Post
      Let's face it. Both parties are terrible. Let's be a smarter generation than our parents and not buy into the crap they spew. Conservatives spend as much or more than liberals and liberals love war as much as conservatives. Look at the facts and quit drinking the kool-aid. Should we go with Jeb Bush or Hillary Clinton. Lol. It's a joke on us.
      Indeed!
  • Connect With Us

  • Twitter Box

  • Facebook