• Report: iPhone 6 Launching September 19th



    With each passing week, it appears that the once-rumored August release for Apple's next-generation iPhone is rendered exactly that - a rumor.

    According to the latest industry reports and supply chain chatter, the iPhone 6 will officially launch September 19th, keeping with the tradition of an early fall release.

    New details coming to light in Chinese media affirm that the iPhone 6 will be rolled out to consumers on the third Friday in September.

    "Nevertheless," reports GrforGames, which first spotted the Chinese media report, "pinpointing the exact release date is not an easy task, especially now that we have not one, but two smartphones expected to be unveiled. There are also two new iPads planned for a release, as well as the mysterious iWatch which is now supposedly waiting for its FDA certification."

    As of this writing, it's known if Apple may use its September unveiling of iPhone 6 to also lift the curtain on new iPads, wearables, or devices from another product category.

    Source: GforGames
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Report: iPhone 6 Launching September 19th started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 22 Comments
    1. jackbauerctu's Avatar
      jackbauerctu -
      Anyone getting tired of the same old thing every year? .....I've not upgraded since iPhone 5 and quite honestly unless there are some incredible features coming, I'm not gonna get an iPhone 6 just because the screen is bigger....


      Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    1. daytonaviolet's Avatar
      daytonaviolet -
      i for one, will upgrade my 5s just for the bigger screen
    1. smythe6982's Avatar
      smythe6982 -
      I will wait until iPhone 6S comes out. I have a 5 and I am more than happy with it.
    1. tridley68's Avatar
      tridley68 -
      can't wait to upgrade both of my I phone 5 to the new 5.5 screen. com on September
    1. AKCHRIS's Avatar
      AKCHRIS -
      I didn't upgrade to the 5S because there wasn't any Significant changes beyond the Biometer and SOMEWHAT better camera, BUT...to say your NOT going to upgrade from a 5 to a 6 bewilders me. The 4.7 inch Screen is a Good Reason to also...but..since no one Knows WHAT it will look like..OR..reliable Hardware Specs, or even WHEN the Next Apple Event will occur so that we can get a chance to see it..we really can't say if we WILL or WON'T get the Next Big Thing known as the iPhone6. All the Rumor's I've heard ranged from NFC to Wireless Charging. One I HIGHLY Doubt Apple will Implement NFC into it's Next Gen Phone although I'd like to See it but as before it depends on How Businesses Use this Tech.
    1. Nerd's Avatar
      Nerd -
      I will wait for iphone 10.
    1. BUcLAo69's Avatar
      BUcLAo69 -
      Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
      i for one, will upgrade my 5s just for the bigger screen
      I for one is going to upgrade to the 4.7' iPhone 6, but, will wait for the 5.5' to come out after to see how it will feel in my hand and I know it will be way too BIG for me. Probably just stick with the 4.7' and again you never know what the 5.5' will have up it's sleeves.....
    1. xWalmartCandyx's Avatar
      xWalmartCandyx -
      More like "Report: The iPhone 5S price drops on September 19"
    1. justinpotter81's Avatar
      justinpotter81 -
      Quote Originally Posted by BUcLAo69 View Post
      ...will wait for the 5.5' to come out after to see how it will feel in my hand and I know it will be way too BIG for me. Probably just stick with the 4.7' and again you never know what the 5.5' will have up it's sleeves.....
      That's what she said
    1. Hillefied's Avatar
      Hillefied -
      I'll be upgrading my 4S. I didn't find there to be any significant point in upgrading to the 5 or 5C from a 4S as my phone still functions near flawlessly. I would have considered the 5S, but the rumor mill started churning out better 64bit architecture, larger screen sizes, stock app integrations, jailbreak tweaks becoming standard, etc. So now I'm patiently and eagerly waiting the unveiling of what can arguably be the best iPhone, yet. I'm not sure why so many people are like, "why upgrade if the only new thing is a bigger screen?" I'm pretty sure everyone would gladly take a larger screen from a smaller one. It's kinda dumb to say, "my small screen works just fine for me," when it is a known fact that bigger is better with screen sizes. With 13MP cameras all too common on smartphones these days, I can clearly see that as someone Apple would finally put in. iOS 8 already is geared to opening up Touch ID to increase its functionality ... For the next gen iPhone. Better battery life, lighter, thinner, and ultimately redesigned. You would be far to naive to think the only new thing is a larger screen. I can understand if 5S owners don't upgrade, but anything 5C and lower, no matter what you say, you'll be upgrading.
    1. blueglide's Avatar
      blueglide -
      Quote Originally Posted by jackbauerctu View Post
      Anyone getting tired of the same old thing every year? .....I've not upgraded since iPhone 5 and quite honestly unless there are some incredible features coming, I'm not gonna get an iPhone 6 just because the screen is bigger....


      Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
      Wow, you normally upgrade more often?
    1. jackbauerctu's Avatar
      jackbauerctu -
      Quote Originally Posted by blueglide View Post
      Wow, you normally upgrade more often?
      No not really. I just worded it that way for dramatic effect. I usually skip the "S" models because I believe it stands for "Same" or "Sucker"....but seriously this time I'm very hard pressed to get it without it being dramatically better than what I have now. I'm on a grandfathered unlimited plan so I have to pay full retail for a new phone...


      Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    1. phoojlis's Avatar
      phoojlis -
      Quote Originally Posted by smythe6982 View Post
      I will wait until iPhone 6S comes out. I have a 5 and I am more than happy with it.
      i thought the 5.5 model was the "S" version of the iphone 6? - going with the 4.7 model.
    1. Carvensno's Avatar
      Carvensno -
      I held my buddies Note 3. Way to big! Prob go with the 4.7 iPhone 6 this year then sell my 5S online Upgrade every year 👍


      Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    1. Al226's Avatar
      Al226 -
      Yup, will sell my 5S for the same price as the 6 and get the 6
    1. Bo's Avatar
      Bo -
      Quote Originally Posted by jackbauerctu View Post
      No not really. I just worded it that way for dramatic effect. I usually skip the "S" models because I believe it stands for "Same" or "Sucker"....but seriously this time I'm very hard pressed to get it without it being dramatically better than what I have now. I'm on a grandfathered unlimited plan so I have to pay full retail for a new phone...


      Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
      I've always found the "S" models to be quite an upgrade.
    1. Carvensno's Avatar
      Carvensno -
      Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
      I've always found the "S" models to be quite an upgrade.
      Doesn't matter since we upgrade every year lol
    1. Bo's Avatar
      Bo -
      Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
      Doesn't matter since we upgrade every year lol
      Yup, always do. lol
    1. Donnutt's Avatar
      Donnutt -
      Quote Originally Posted by jackbauerctu View Post
      Anyone getting tired of the same old thing every year? .....I've not upgraded since iPhone 5 and quite honestly unless there are some incredible features coming, I'm not gonna get an iPhone 6 just because the screen is bigger....


      Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
      Well, I'm not really. Than again, I don't buy a new Apple product every year. I bought the iPhone 3G, the iPhone 4, and the iPhone 5. I can't wait for the iPhone 6 to come out, but if the are comically large like a Samsung galaxy note I will probably opt for the 5S. I also buy a MacBook about once every 3-4, so I always get really major upgrades.
    1. tlc1217's Avatar
      tlc1217 -
      All this talk about NFC but who actually uses it???


      Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
  • Connect With Us

  • Twitter Box

  • Facebook