• Report: iPhone 6 will See Significant Battery Improvement

Here's a report that should get you all charged up.

According to new information emerging from the Asian supply and manufacturing chains, Apple's forthcoming iPhone 6 will do plenty to mitigate the complaints (including those levied by Samsung in a recent Apple attack ad) that the iPhone 5s delivers a sub-par battery experience.

We're now told that the iPhone 6 (the 4.7" model) delivers a 15% battery length improvement over the current generation flagship device. Of course, this battery boost may still be inadequate to satisfy the iPhone's staunchest critics, but it's an improvement nonetheless.

"iPhone 6 will come with a battery sized somewhere between 1800 and 1900mAh," Sam Loveridge of Trusted Reviews reports Monday morning, citing Chinese media sources. "The iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C both feature a 1570mAh battery, so jumping up to 1800/1900mAh would be quite an increase, if the screen wasnít being enhanced in size and resolution too."

Apple's iPhone 6 is expected to reach consumers in mid to late September in the U.S., Canada, and other major markets around the globe.

Source: Trusted Reviews
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Report: iPhone 6 will See Significant Battery Improvement started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 28 Comments
      jackbauerctu -
      Wasn't the 5S a 15% increase in battery life from the 5? I didn't find it that significant last year.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
      Jozelito617 -
      R.i.p iPhone battery .. 15% I rather have 15% less screen LCD to get more juice out of my phone

TDH Advocate -
      Isn't this said about every update and phone but there really isn't a difference in the end?
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by Michael Essany View Post
      "The iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C both feature a 1570mAh battery, so jumping up to 1800/1900mAh would be quite an increase, if the screen wasnít being enhanced in size and resolution too."
      But... Isn't the biggest rumor right now that the iPhone will go from a 4" screen to a 4.7" screen? A 4.7" screen is a 17.5% increase, which would be a greater increase than the battery size. Obviously that doesn't translate into a 17.5% decrease in battery life with the new energy efficient screens and such, but still...
      Nuff Said -
      The screen size and new improvements will surely offset the battery increase as it does every year. The iPhone 6 will be nothing difference. Btw, I love the intro to the article. Clever.
      cyberjunkyfreak -
      a 15% increase in improvement... and a 30% increase in consumption.. resulting in shorter battery life.
      holyshnikes -
      Of course it'll be a better battery over the 5s...it's a bigger phone.
      abbdc1 -
      Quote Originally Posted by holyshnikes View Post
      Of course it'll be a better battery over the 5s...it's a bigger phone.
      and a bigger screen
      buggsy2 -
      I'm really tired of Apple continuing Jobs' obsession with thinner and lighter. Wish Tim would obsess over battery life...try for a 50-100% increase, not 15%.
      tridley68 -
      Can not wait for the release of the I phone 6 5.5 screen you rock Apple !
      Scott14 -
      Quote Originally Posted by jackbauerctu View Post
      Wasn't the 5S a 15% increase in battery life from the 5? I didn't find it that significant last year.

Iphone users use their phones more often that any other so the battery will always drain I dnt have a problem with the battery
      nealh -
      Quote Originally Posted by Scott14 View Post
      Iphone users use their phones more often that any other so the battery will always drain I dnt have a problem with the battery
      I agree
      Silverado1987 -
      15% is 15%. so basically were gonna break even give or take on battery life. They need to make a iPhone6B and increase nothing but the Battery. they try to revolutionize everything else. just work on the battery.
      bigboyz -
      Comes with a charger :]
      BennyPR -
      Quote Originally Posted by abbdc1 View Post
      and a bigger screen

And Bigger Battery
      barondebxl -
      Lets hope so cause the 5S battery is absolute garbage. That new samsung commercial is spot on.
      bmwraw8482 -
      Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
      I'm really tired of Apple continuing Jobs' obsession with thinner and lighter. Wish Tim would obsess over battery life...try for a 50-100% increase, not 15%.
      You'd be the next billionaire if you perfected that technology

buggsy2 -
      Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
      You'd be the next billionaire if you perfected that technology
      No. Just leave the external size alone and let marginal battery improvements go to, oh, I dunno, longer battery life? Instead of shaving a meaningless 1 mm from the thickness.
      sheltons.iphone -
      Quote Originally Posted by barondebxl View Post
      Lets hope so cause the 5S battery is absolute garbage. That new samsung commercial is spot on.
      Spot on? I use my iPhone 5S all the time so I expect to have to charge it twice per day. I have a galaxy s4 sitting around, and guess what, I have to charge it twice per day when I decide to play around with it too.....and I always go back to my iPhone.
      raduga -
      Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
      I'm really tired of Apple continuing Jobs' obsession with perfectionism and art.
      I wish Apple would release an ugly, heavy phone with a huge battery (and a pony to cart it around).
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook