• Facebook Updates Messenger App for iOS With New Features

On Thursday, Facebook issued an update for its popular standalone messenger application for the iOS platform. Users can now download version 9.0 of Facebook Messenger from the iOS App Store.

Version 9.0 brings with it the ability to share and view full-screen photos and videos with your Facebook friends, or anyone else that you may be messaging. The update also throws in some improvements to the application for speed and reliability to benefit users in the long run.

Earlier in the month, Facebook finally released an iPad-optimized version of the Messenger application to help along with their future push to move users to the standalone Facebook Messenger application instead of using the built-in messaging capability in the all-in-one Facebook application.

If you're an existing user of Facebook Messenger for iOS, then this update is available for you right now under the Updates tab in the App Store application. Alternatively, you can download the latest version of Facebook Messenger for iOS for free from this App Store link.

Sources: App Store
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Facebook Updates Messenger App for iOS With New Features started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 6 Comments
      Raptor2213 -
      Still not planning on downloading it. The one integrated with Facebook works just fine. If they ever disable it, I'll just disable my account.
      tlc1217 -
      They already in the process of disabling it for the actual FB app

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
      jackbauerctu -
      Ummm so I just updated and my ENTIRE fb message history is missing. Anyone else experience this?

psxcancer -
      Quote Originally Posted by Raptor2213 View Post
      Still not planning on downloading it. The one integrated with Facebook works just fine. If they ever disable it, I'll just disable my account.
      The Facebook App worked fine with all the Massager services in it. For years they have been trying to get people to buy into it, and now that we still don't have an interest in, yet another messenger App, Facebook is going to try and force us. All so they can try and corner that too, no thank you.

It might be in there wonderful Messenger App
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by jackbauerctu View Post
      Ummm so I just updated and my ENTIRE fb message history is missing. Anyone else experience this?

Another update was released to resolve this. Please try updating and report back with your results.
      jackbauerctu -
      Updated and fixed!

• Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook