• Apple Updates the Apple TV with the iOS 7-Style Interface Refresh

Apple recently updated the Apple TV software and brought the iOS 7-style interface revamp to the set top box operating system. For those of you who don’t know exactly what that entails, the update sports the “flat” iOS 7-style look with new icons and updated typography in the latest beta. All of the default icons have been reworked with a more modern look, getting rid of the old-school iOS ‘gloss” effects for a more matte appearance. There are also more gradients that match those found in iOS 7.

In addition to the actual change of the icons, the density of the typeface appears to be slightly thinner and the icons don’t have any reflections. The “glow” surrounding the currently-selected icon has been polished to include a more defined white ring that is offset by a small dark margin.

Aside from the aesthetic iOS 7 changes the rest of the Apple TV user interface remains largely unchanged from its debut in 2007. Rumors of an all-new Apple TV have been afloat for quite some time. They even picked up around the time Jobs’ autobiography was published and revealed a quote as saying he had “finally cracked” the television problem. The rumors continued early in to 2014 as several media outlets suggested that a refresh was imminent. Recent reports continue to point towards Apple’s television solution as being stalled by negotiations with content providers that appear to be dragging along.

Source: Apple
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Updates the Apple TV with the iOS 7-Style Interface Refresh started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 7 Comments
      Ginsu -
      Ugh. They changed some icons. I was hoping for an ACTUAL interface refresh.

This is why I switched to Chromecasts.
      crouching -
      Quote Originally Posted by Ginsu View Post

You're kidding about the "Chromecasts" right?
      PaKi619 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Ginsu View Post

Nothing can beat Air Play!

I cant see these icons or is it iOS 8?
      steve-z17 -
      Sweet phone pic...
      bigboyz -
      Like putting pine needles on a Christmas tree. Lackluster.
      Shigoroku -
      Mine won't update.
      Shigoroku -
      I even did a factory reset and it still says there's no update.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook